Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Those who owned a CTS-V and/or SS and now Own a CT5-V BW- Comparisons

Coming from a couple C6z, a V2 and a V3, then a 4BW while I waited for my current 5BW, there was definitely a progressive change between the V2 to the V3 and now the 5.

V3 to 5BW, exterior on the V3 are definitely more aggressive and like them more. Interior feel is about the same but I like how Caddy simplified the 5 more. Absolutely hated the touch buttons on the Cue with the V3s. The 4.0 mag rides are on a class on their own…not even worth comparing them.

The tunability was probably the difference before HPT cracked global b. Now all the stuff we did on the V3 are possible on the 5.

Being able to get a manual was why I really opted to upgrade. My V3 was making 801whp and I loved the power on that. But it got boring. If it was a manual, I would have kept my V3. Now I’m fighting the itch to power the blower…that’s how that my pockets go empty. 🤣

6 years with my SS was one of my longer relationships with a car. I think some of y'all are waxing nostalgic over the SS interior, it was a sea of southern hemisphere GM plastic. It was a good interior for my needs, but better? Not even close. The SS is a great car, but it just felt like they left a lot on the performance table. Everything about the car begged for more power. To me the 5BW is the Commodore HSV GTS that should have been sold in the US.

If it wasn't for Holden being an orphan, I would say SS all day long over anything else in the segment, but little hesitant if your ownership horizon is more than 5 years. With that said I would 100% pick an SS over a V2.
I tend to agree. I owned a '16 SS for over five years. I loved it. In fact if it hadn't been stolen, I would almost certainly still be driving it and I wouldn't have a 5BW.

I'm not sure I get all the love being lavished on the SS interior -- especially compared to the 5BW. It was nice (particularly for a Chevrolet), quite comfortable, and well laid out. But there was nothing special about it, and the lack of Car Play -- even in 2016 -- in a 50k car was tragic. I really missed it. The seats were ventilated only the bottoms, not the seat backs. No massage seats, and the stereo was downright embarrassing. Lord, the time, money, blood, sweat and tears I put into upgrading that thing…. It was more work than I'll probably ever personally put into car again. Only to have it stolen! Never again. The A/C in the 5BW is much better too, and that's no minor consideration in Texas.

The SS was definitely roomier, although I haven't noticed the difference from the driver's seat -- it was in the trunk and perhaps the rear seats, where I never once personally sat in either car. The range was better, and the turning radius was better. Otherwise, the Blackwing is superior in every way and by a considerable margin. I'm still really pissed off about my SS being stolen, but there's no denying the 5BW is a significant upgrade. It is of course, much more expensive but whether or not it's worth the difference is a personal thing. I'd say yes, it is.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners