Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The goats, they found my car.

Not sure if you're interested in my situation as well but my car is at the dealer and they have opened a warranty claim. I'm hoping they cover the cost to reapply the ceramic coating on the roof.
I know production whoa's are not universal. But, i take away two things form this post.
1. It seems Cadillac is taking their mess-up serious and warrantying the work (although it still sucks to be out of the car).
2. I will be doing a thorough inspection of mine on delivery day.

Please keep us updated on how this goes, as this will be telling for future owners that run into a similar issue.

I know production whoa's are not universal. But, i take away two things form this post.
1. It seems Cadillac is taking their mess-up serious and warrantying the work (although it still sucks to be out of the car).
2. I will be doing a thorough inspection of mine on delivery day.

Please keep us updated on how this goes, as this will be telling for future owners that run into a similar issue.
@Jameson's Viggen, after reading this thread I checked my also-orange 4 BW and have the same issue although not as severe. You can see the thin/no paint on the hood line towards the corner in this picture, it's the same on the other side. It's nearly invisible without opening the hood so I'm not sure whether I will ask the dealer to do anything about it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220829_144853084.jpg
    PXL_20220829_144853084.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 103
@Jameson's Viggen, after reading this thread I checked my also-orange 4 BW and have the same issue although not as severe. You can see the thin/no paint on the hood line towards the corner in this picture, it's the same on the other side. It's nearly invisible without opening the hood so I'm not sure whether I will ask the dealer to do anything about it.
My 4 is exactly the same, although, it is very subtle due to being in satin steel metallic.
vin 46-322

So, I have my car back.

They had an Expel guy lined up and wanted to keep the car 30 days before doing it.

I told them I'd rather take the car, keep it in my garage the 30 days and have my same Expel guy redo it.

They agreed and had me send my guys invoice so HE gets paid under the GM claim.

They didn't blend into any other panels and kept it super localized.

The hood gap is world's better. I see no issues with the color match or work quality. It looks tons better than before. So I'm content.

There were two other BlackWings at the shop today. He said they are all new, all with transport damage.

I had to relearn the car a bit on the way home as I spent as much time without it as I did with it lol
PXL_20220901_192728825.jpg
PXL_20220901_192748444.jpg
PXL_20220901_192856072.jpg
PXL_20220901_194037666.jpg

Before and After, same lighting.
PXL_20220701_174709185.jpg
PXL_20220901_233755838.jpg

Color match looks spot on.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac