Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout CT4BW Lowering springs installed

The new gen mag ride in the Blackwing (and C8) no longer has a sensor for suspension displacement so there is nothing to zero. It's entirely based on velocity of shock movement which is taken from a sensor on the back of the hub.

We could probably debate suspension geometry and whether lowering the car is actually a good idea for handing, but that's another discussion.

The new gen mag ride in the Blackwing (and C8) no longer has a sensor for suspension displacement so there is nothing to zero. It's entirely based on velocity of shock movement which is taken from a sensor on the back of the hub.

We could probably debate suspension geometry and whether lowering the car is actually a good idea for handing, but that's another discussion.
I'd agree, I'm not sure there's any benefit to be had handling wise on these cars from lowering springs. Almost purely aesthetic, which I'm content with. It does feel more stable at speed though, which is an added benefit, but that could also be due to the more aggressive camber.

Oh they are a bolt on type. I would probably only use slip ons if it was 10mm or less personally.

You know, I'm not aware of anything. I can tell you the system is working as factory. I would be surprised if it did, as all the mag ride feature is contained to the strut. So as long as you still have full range of strut travel, I can't see it making any difference.
I’ve had my swift springs on for a few months now and haven’t had any issues with the magride or calibration needed. And completely agree with you above, way better than stock imo

Ordered my set of springs... too bad they are on backorder.

It's a tiny bit stiffer. It definitely feels more confident at high speeds. A few months ago I complained that the car felt a little floaty near the top of 5th gear. I don't have that Still very pleased with the setup. I may have opted to go 1/2" lower, but that's just personal preference and not even an option aside from air bags.
Is there a bag setup available for our cars yet?

If you change the spring stiffness, but don't change the damping to match, you've changed the damping ratio. That doesn't mean the car is going to explode, but the transitional handling will be different.

However a 10% change is quite small. I bet most cars on the road have (worn) shocks that have a lot less than 90% of their original damping

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back