Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout Catted Downpipes installed

I LOVE those turbo noises!

Can somebody cut the audio from the second video from :12-:16 and make it a sound clip for my phone? lol

Watching those youtube clips are expensive for me.

I had a co worker drive my car today to see if the Continentals I just put on drove funny, and on a unrelated note I wanted to get a couple videos outside the car.

Lol seeing this video definitely brought back memories of when I worked at the dealership whenever there was downtime. I'd have my buddy take a quick rip up the block while I record every time I got a new mod haha

@MattH
With the exhaust valves closed, how does the sound compare to stock? Is it as quiet as stock when cruising in the Touring drive mode, or at least close to it? Any drone with the valves open or closed?

What ever happened with the CEL? It cleared from the dash, but was it stored in the ECU?

The cel is on due to the same code thats thrown with the non catted. Downstream o2 sensor. When I clear it at work it stays off for a few miles, but comes back on after the car heats up. Its not affecting drivability and it doesnt bother me enough to get the dtc assassin.

The cel is on due to the same code thats thrown with the non catted. Downstream o2 sensor. When I clear it at work it stays off for a few miles, but comes back on after the car heats up. Its not affecting drivability and it doesnt bother me enough to get the dtc assassin.
I know Tapout mentioned they changed the actual Cats they used in the downpipes at one point, this also casued a price increase, due to some CEL light issues. Do you know if your sample is the old style or the newer version?

I know Tapout mentioned they changed the actual Cats they used in the downpipes at one point, this also casued a price increase, due to some CEL light issues. Do you know if your sample is the old style or the newer version?
They said they shipped the newer style, they did honor the original price, since I preordered.

The fact that the setup is almost an extra $1K for the cats, and still throwing codes would be enough to bother me. For the CEL, you could've went catless. My issue with it is PA annual inspection/emissions testing. A CEL would fail me. Even a reset without 400 miles between the reset and scan will fail you in PA. I need the catted version, and they need to scrub enough to keep that code away. All you need is a slightly smaller reading on the secondary than the primary picked up. I had a HighFlow MagnaFlow cat on my 3"Dp on my GTI. It kept the code away, and freed up the airflow.

The fact that the setup is almost an extra $1K for the cats, and still throwing codes would be enough to bother me. For the CEL, you could've went catless. My issue with it is PA annual inspection/emissions testing. A CEL would fail me. Even a reset without 400 miles between the reset and scan will fail you in PA. I need the catted version, and they need to scrub enough to keep that code away. All you need is a slightly smaller reading on the secondary than the primary picked up. I had a HighFlow MagnaFlow cat on my 3"Dp on my GTI. It kept the code away, and freed up the airflow.
I get it. I'm not sure why its blowing a code, could have shipped the old ones by mistake, could have a faulty cat? I ordered the catted version and originally paid 500 more cause I didn't want any odors and to not have a cel. After the light came on it just isn't worth it to me to worry about exchanging it and re installing again. I could by some extensions if I really cared about the light, luckily I don't have to worry about emissions in Kentucky. If I have paid 1k more then I probably would have returned/exchanged them, mainly on principle.....lol

I might be trading the BW on a X3 M this weekend so its not really bothering me anymore...ha

I get it. I'm not sure why its blowing a code, could have shipped the old ones by mistake, could have a faulty cat? I ordered the catted version and originally paid 500 more cause I didn't want any odors and to not have a cel. After the light came on it just isn't worth it to me to worry about exchanging it and re installing again. I could by some extensions if I really cared about the light, luckily I don't have to worry about emissions in Kentucky. If I have paid 1k more then I probably would have returned/exchanged them, mainly on principle.....lol

I might be trading the BW on a X3 M this weekend so its not really bothering me anymore...ha
That’s a fast suv, it rides really harshly so hopefully there are nice roads around you.

How was the install? If he can sort out that BS CEL issue, I'd like to get one. I feel you on the smell, I don't want that... My days of smelling like fuel everywhere I go, and living with a carbon monoxide headache are over.

How was the install? If he can sort out that BS CEL issue, I'd like to get one. I feel you on the smell, I don't want that... My days of smelling like fuel everywhere I go, and living with a carbon monoxide headache are over.
I'm not a mechanic by any means. I have the luxury of working at a GM dealership and have a shop foreman/Master tech that has experience working on modified cars etc...

He did the install in about 4 hours, he said it was pretty straight forward, just tight getting at a couple of the o2 sensors.

I'm not a mechanic by any means. I have the luxury of working at a GM dealership and have a shop foreman/Master tech that has experience working on modified cars etc...

He did the install in about 4 hours, he said it was pretty straight forward, just tight getting at a couple of the o2 sensors.
I wrench for fun. I've been doing this stuff for about 25 years now. Its not the amount of work required, its more the amount of aggravation LoL. I had bagged Minitrucks back in the 90's, where you fabbed up your setup, not ordered from a kit online. When we bought something for our rides, we had to mail a check in along with the order form, and maybe a month later our part would show up. But, for the cost of this Dp, I would hope it would be direct fit, no mods for perfect fitment, and no CELs.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back