Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Supercharger wine

STS-Vboy22

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2007 Cadillac STS-V
I notice a difference with my STS-V when I drive I have mostly the exhaust than anything ...I barely can hear the supercharger like as if I doesn't even have one especially inside the cabin when I get on the gas ,I dunno if it's the exhaust or what but I seen alot of videos on youtube with the STS-V with exhausts and I can still hear their superchargers winning ...can someone tell me what it could be be ?

If the STS has a big cover on top of the engine like the CTS V2s do, they muffle the supercharger whine. It may be that the cars you're listening to have removed the engine cover so they can here the whine.

If I drive my CTS V without that engine cover, I definitely hear the whine more. I prefer not to hear it, so the cover stays on the engine.

Last edited:
If the STS has a big cover on top of the engine like the CTS V2s do, they muffle the supercharger whine. It may be that the cars you're listening to have removed the engine cover so they can here the whine.

If I drive my CTS V without that engine cover, I definitely here the whine more. I prefer not to hear it, so the cover stays on the engine.

I never would of thought that would make a big difference ...Thanks

The stock intake has two baffles in it the muffle the wine. They are hidden by the top big plastic cover

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back