Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Stud Extenders

Head Hunter

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
Anyone use or seen stud extenders for the Blackwings? Would a C7 or C8 set work? Trying to protect the CCBs from idiots and the foam wraps from GM are a PITA to install. Looking for something like this

Yes. I have a set that I bought from the company that bought out reverse logic. I posted about them at the time, but will try to dig up the link.

They work great and I won’t pull the wheels without them. I keep them in the trunk at all times.

Edit: new company is steel man tools and this is what I bought.

Is one enough per wheel? That’s what I have done before on other cars, but didn’t have such tight clearances.

Yes. I have a set that I bought from the company that bought out reverse logic. I posted about them at the time, but will try to dig up the link.

They work great and I won’t pull the wheels without them. I keep them in the trunk at all times.

Perfect, thanks!

Two is the minimum in my experience. If budget isn't an issue, buy 2 per wheel, else at least 2 and do quite a bit more work in scenarios where you're pulling multiple tires at once.

Last edited:

Bought these and they worked great for getting the stock wheels off, but DO NOT work for the Signature wheels. Hopefully I can find a set that will

What’s the issue?
Sizing was off per the tech that did the wheel swap - to his chagrin he had to use the foam covers from GM, though he said they were much easier to put on with the wheels already off, haha. Also, OEM lug nuts didn't fit either - had to get a 14x1.5 nut (iirc). The OEM wheel locks did fit, oddly enough, though they stick out about half an inch in the rear while being flush on the fronts.

What’s the issue?
Per Terrance:

“The extenders are too large for the bore. We cut the wheels to a super tight tolerance to the stud to ensure the wheels locate property and decrease the chance of wobble at speed. This takes stress off the stud and makes the entire assembly more like a solid unit when fastened.

Extenders need that extra space you find in cast wheels. They have larger tolerances due to the variables in production.”

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back