Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Steering wheel numbers?

On my 2023 BW steering wheel there are the numbers 81 392. Does anyone know what they mean?

The last three digits match the end of your VIN.

OK the last 3 numbers match the end of my vin and 81? the one is for the auto trans? what is the 8 for? and why put this on the steering wheel ? I know I am new here so could you tell all of us other people why it is on the wheel

OK the last 3 numbers match the end of my vin and 81? the one is for the auto trans? what is the 8 for? and why put this on the steering wheel ? I know I am new here so could you tell all of us other people why it is on the wheel
Guess they couldn’t tattoo it on our foreheads.
Though kudos to anyone here brave enough to do that.
;)

It's a quirky feature that is meant to differentiate the model and be cool. :cool: ;)

8 represents it is a CT5V BW. They put it on the steering wheel so we have something to talk about here on the forum. ;) You may see some of us put the code in our signatures, just because.

For example, this is a 5BW, with a 6 speed manual, serial # 1.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 11.55.05 PM.png

Out of curiosity do the numbers restart after a new model year? I have a 23 BW but it is serial number is 21 so that math ain't mathing.

Well aren't they special. I was also curious because I know in 23 they added the Blackwing badge to the trunk but mine doesn't have it. I bought it "used" and the previous guy removed the CT4 letters but I found them, I never found the blackwing badge though. Was that started in the middle of 23MY where mine was so early off the line they hadn't had them maybe?

Well aren't they special. I was also curious because I know in 23 they added the Blackwing badge to the trunk but mine doesn't have it. I bought it "used" and the previous guy removed the CT4 letters but I found them, I never found the blackwing badge though. Was that started in the middle of 23MY where mine was so early off the line they hadn't had them maybe?
Yes, the Blackwing badge was a running change during 2023. Early cars didn't have them, later cars did. You can order Blackwing badges, they are ~$40.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back