Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Steel rotor brake pad replacement

I trust you guys, and therefore I f-ed up.
I had:
86804590 More Information for GM GENUINE 86804590
and
85153477 More Information for GM GENUINE 85153477

So, is my statement correct (and the reason I f-ed up) "J57 indicates Steel Rotors, and J6H indicates Carbon Ceramic Rotors"? Please confirm
And now, what I have is brake pads for sale for 5BW w/ J6H...
As someone else referenced, RockAuto is the way to go for brakes and many other things for these cars. I keep a set of Rotors and pads for my cars on the shelf because of RockAuto's pricing.

This link includes Porterfield R4-S pads, which sound promising for street use, but are only available for the rear. KNSBrakes | Products | <!-- -->2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing - Iron Discs Bummer. I am waiting for Dynamic Friction to come out with its Active Performance and Track Day pad compounds for the 5BW. I contacted DF last week and was told that those compounds are on the agenda for this year but that there is no ETA. I've used both compounds and am pleased with the relative lack of dust yet impressive, progressive stopping power. (Rock Auto does list the 5000 Advanced compound for the 5BW but that's a less-sporty compound than Active Performance or Track Day, and I don't want to guinea-pig it on my 5BW.)

I disagree that dust is inherently directly proportional to stopping power. Different compounds have different characteristics and it is certainly possible to have comparable or increased stopping power, but also relatively less dust.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back