Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Trip

I'm out there in December as well. I did a Cadillac V-Lab thing at COTA several years ago and got to track an ATS-V and CTS-V. I liked the power of the CTS-V on the track, but the ATS-V was surprisingly fun to drive especially on the timed autocross course.

They said I did a first on the autocross. I beat the instructor reference lap time. That was pretty cool.

Looking forward to seeing Rick Malone at Spring Mountain again. It's been a while since I was out there for 3 Corvette schools. He said I set a few student lap records while out there on those specific courses. Of course, it means nothing other than super small bragging rights among close friends, one of which will be out there with me in December again. Maybe, he can beat me this time. :D :D :D :D :D

I'm out there in December as well. I did a Cadillac V-Lab thing at COTA several years ago and got to track an ATS-V and CTS-V. I liked the power of the CTS-V on the track, but the ATS-V was surprisingly fun to drive especially on the timed autocross course.

They said I did a first on the autocross. I beat the instructor reference lap time. That was pretty cool.

Looking forward to seeing Rick Malone at Spring Mountain again. It's been a while since I was out there for 3 Corvette schools. He said I set a few student lap records while out there on those specific courses. Of course, it means nothing other than super small bragging rights among close friends, one of which will be out there with me in December again. Maybe, he can beat me this time. :D :D :D :D :D
Rick is a super cool cat and got to talk with him while I was out there.. The 5 is going to be a BEAST on the east track and with your experience you will fly! The front straight is pretty long and you will be faster than I was and I got 128 out of it... The key is coming out of turn 10 right to get the speed up..... turn 2 you should be around 80+ and into turn 3 at around 115 before your on the brakes HARD! Have fun and be safe my friend! Maybe one day I will run into you at a car meet.

Thanks, Steve. I look forward to meeting you sometime at a car meet as well! Thanks for the tips and info. Much appreciated! (y)(y)

Hello guys and gals!

I wanted to share a little about my trip to Spring Mountain last week and how much fun I had going again. I want to start off saying that I was a better driver this time around and improved my times and my driving ability considerably...

The condos were nice and the food and service that Spring Mountain provide was excellent!

This is going to sound crazy but @Mirza Grebovic is right about the 4BW being awesome on track because the only time I struggled against the 5 BW is on the straightaways. They would pull on me or be on my bumper but through the corners I could make time on them. Which one do I prefer on track, 4BW for sure!!

The first day I had an auto 4BW with full CF but in the last half of the day it got hot a couple of time so they traded me out with another 4BW, BUT this one only had the CF rear wing on it and that's it. I know there is a lot of talk about the CF and is it worth it, or does it make a difference, now I'm no race driver but I could not tell any difference. @Mirza Grebovic said that a non CF car can preform just as well as a CF car and I believe it now...

As I don't use the paddle shifters at all in my auto 4BW it took a little getting use to so I bounced it off the rev limiter a few times and the reason it got hot. The car would cool back down after I eased off of her for about half a lap but they gave me another car to drive.. I learned that it was not the car and was me because on day 2 I bounced it off the limiter twice again and she got hot... The air temp was 113 and as long as I drove the car correctly it did not get hot, but bounce that beast off the limiter a few times and she will get hot..

I have a new love for the auto cross as I won it this time around... Thank god @soulsea was not there to school me!

The bad part of my trip happened when I sat down to look at pictures, because I received a frantic phone call from my son that he had been in an accident and his car was damaged.. He was freaking out so bad and I had to talk him off the ledge... He was not hurt and that was the important thing.. The car is probably totaled and I'm waiting on insurance company to tell me our next step. I have been trying to get him a new car today and feel the pain of your guys trying to get a car because there is none out there...... He wants a little Toyota Corolla Hatchback manual so that's what I'm after... I may have found him one today but I'm waiting to see what the insurance company is going to do.

Anyway, everyone go the Spring Mountain and have fun!
Hey @Tall Steve - thanks for the insights on Spring Mountain. I just scheduled my trip for next April (first available date). Gina Saurdiff there is truly super helpful. So sorry to hear about your son but so happy to hear that he is OK. Cars are replaceable - kids are not. All the best in your search for his next set of wheels - I'm sure something suitable will turn up soon....

Glad you had fun and your son is ok. When you said he wants a Corolla, did he mean one of these?

I'm going to contact Sewell about getting a 4BW as a track car to go with my 5BW.

Glad you had fun and your son is ok. When you said he wants a Corolla, did he mean one of these?

I'm going to contact Sewell about getting a 4BW as a track car to go with my 5BW.
LOL, originally yes, and I told him getting one of those would be impossible so now we are just getting the Corolla Hatchback XSE......... I've talked to a GM at Toyota that tells me he can get us that car (XSE) so we will see...... He was also looking at the GR86 but I told him he should wait a year or two before getting that.... Preliminary talk with insurance is Camaro is totaled so now I'm waiting on numbers..

I think you will love a 4BW track car and I hope Sewell can hook you up!

Thanks, the track (both) was hot and greasy so I just tried to finesse the throttle has much as I could... You could lose the rear end if you were not careful. IMHO the 5BW is harder to drive on the auto cross because of its size and power... The 4BW just wants to cut and go.... I cant say enough how much more fun the 4BW is to me.... I know there are guys on here that love the sound and power of the 5BW but sometime more is not always better.....
Glad your son is well, life happens. Now I'm really looking forward to it. In a 5BW A10 for us old farts.....Hoping that dog hunts ;)

Hello guys and gals!

I wanted to share a little about my trip to Spring Mountain last week and how much fun I had going again. I want to start off saying that I was a better driver this time around and improved my times and my driving ability considerably...

The condos were nice and the food and service that Spring Mountain provide was excellent!

This is going to sound crazy but @Mirza Grebovic is right about the 4BW being awesome on track because the only time I struggled against the 5 BW is on the straightaways. They would pull on me or be on my bumper but through the corners I could make time on them. Which one do I prefer on track, 4BW for sure!!

The first day I had an auto 4BW with full CF but in the last half of the day it got hot a couple of time so they traded me out with another 4BW, BUT this one only had the CF rear wing on it and that's it. I know there is a lot of talk about the CF and is it worth it, or does it make a difference, now I'm no race driver but I could not tell any difference. @Mirza Grebovic said that a non CF car can preform just as well as a CF car and I believe it now...

As I don't use the paddle shifters at all in my auto 4BW it took a little getting use to so I bounced it off the rev limiter a few times and the reason it got hot. The car would cool back down after I eased off of her for about half a lap but they gave me another car to drive.. I learned that it was not the car and was me because on day 2 I bounced it off the limiter twice again and she got hot... The air temp was 113 and as long as I drove the car correctly it did not get hot, but bounce that beast off the limiter a few times and she will get hot..

I have a new love for the auto cross as I won it this time around... Thank god @soulsea was not there to school me!

The bad part of my trip happened when I sat down to look at pictures, because I received a frantic phone call from my son that he had been in an accident and his car was damaged.. He was freaking out so bad and I had to talk him off the ledge... He was not hurt and that was the important thing.. The car is probably totaled and I'm waiting on insurance company to tell me our next step. I have been trying to get him a new car today and feel the pain of your guys trying to get a car because there is none out there...... He wants a little Toyota Corolla Hatchback manual so that's what I'm after... I may have found him one today but I'm waiting to see what the insurance company is going to do.

Anyway, everyone go the Spring Mountain and have fun!
Glad your boy is ok. It’s just a car at the end of the day. Sometimes we all forget that.

Well, the insurance totaled the car and I got a nice pay off, and I'm only going to have to wait 3 weeks for my son new car to come in.. I guess it all worked out ok, so far...
Given that actual tragedy has been avoided (and sincerely, thank goodness your son is OK) I think what we should really be commiserating about is the fact that you now have to live with a pent-up 20-something for 3 weeks who has no ability to leave the house. 🤣
🤣🤣

Given that actual tragedy has been avoided (and sincerely, thank goodness your son is OK) I think what we should really be commiserating about is the fact that you now have to live with a pent-up 20-something for 3 weeks who has no ability to leave the house. 🤣
🤣🤣
Being that Steve is such a great dad, no doubt his son will be allowed to use the 5BW during those 3 weeks. 😬

🤣🤣
He has is own place and is driving a rent car right now but has to turn that in next week so he will be driving his mom's Honda Civic for a couple of week...
Being that Steve is such a great dad, no doubt his son will be allowed to use the 5BW during those 3 weeks. 😬
He knows to not even ask that, lol. I sure hope Toyota comes thru for me and can deliver me a car in 3 weeks and at MSRP......

Glad your boy is ok! It’s scary being a dad and my kids aren’t even driving yet!

Thanks for the SM feedback, I went in 2019. It was a blast.

Thanks, the track (both) was hot and greasy so I just tried to finesse the throttle has much as I could... You could lose the rear end if you were not careful. IMHO the 5BW is harder to drive on the auto cross because of its size and power... The 4BW just wants to cut and go.... I cant say enough how much more fun the 4BW is to me.... I know there are guys on here that love the sound and power of the 5BW but sometime more is not always better.....
@tallsteve, thks for the input on SM. I also had the chance to track both the 4BW (sold) and now the 5BW at Circuit Mont Tremblant in Quebec this past summer. It was my very first track day with both so I had no previous experience with any of the two. The two cars behaved quite differently. The 4BW is definitely more nimble cornering than the 5. However, the 5 pulls soooo strong in a straight line that I enjoyed it most. I will be at SM on November 17-18. Really looking forward to it. This will be my second time (did the C7 Ron fellow class).

@tallsteve, thks for the input on SM. I also had the chance to track both the 4BW (sold) and now the 5BW at Circuit Mont Tremblant in Quebec this past summer. It was my very first track day with both so I had no previous experience with any of the two. The two cars behaved quite differently. The 4BW is definitely more nimble cornering than the 5. However, the 5 pulls soooo strong in a straight line that I enjoyed it most. I will be at SM on November 17-18. Really looking forward to it. This will be my second time (did the C7 Ron fellow class).
Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Hello Tall Steve,​

I was at Spring Mountain last week - CT5-V BW Auto (paid attendance). However, I just recently purchased a CT4-V BW 6MT so I will be going out again next Spring. The issue with the CT5-V BW on the track is that you really need to be gentle with the power on the curves or you will get power-on throttle oversteer - swinging out the butt end. You need to be real smooth, and I am not there yet.

Below is an example on turn one of the East Track @ Spring Mountain. I just finished the turn and went to full throttle on the front straight. In the video you see the switch. The data recorder captures the G force shift as a quick jump to the right, which is the back getting loose - look at the meatball @ 6.46 and then 0.15 seconds later
@ 6.61

East Track - 6.46.jpg

East Track - 6.61.jpg

Correct sir!.....on the straights its balls to the walls. This car asks for your attention when pressed at a point and shoot or tracked. When it's learned, its delivers. And it has an extra 2 doors. I'm ok with that.

So I got back this last week end from my 2 day program at Spring Mountain and it was a blast! Beautiful track (East track), well-prepared 5BW and great instructors who are really helping you to get faster on the race track. We did several exercises to better understand the limits of the car (launch control, autocross, emergency braking and controlled skid). The class got a total of 4 lapping sessions and one demo lap (instructor driving and you sit in the passenger seat: that was a great way of learning about the car’s behavior on track!). Attached is a brief YT video that was done on my very last lapping session in which I did my fastest lap time (1:17.55). For those who will be attending the class, I strongly suggest that you bring a Gopro!
Enjoy!

Oh new track layout! Time to go back again 😆

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop