Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

Just got back from Spring Mountain after spending a week in Vegas! Spring Mountain was awesome! All that driving was intense on the track, and despite my experience with autocross I lost the competition to a driver who didn't even own a BW! Oh well. On track I tied the fastest CT4 BW in my group for a 1:22 lap time hitting 122mph in my 5BW manual. I loved it and plan to try hitting local tracks every once in a while for HPDE stuff. Great job by the team at Spring Mountain!

I went back in February and my Wife and I had a blast! Looking back, I would have gone in the warmer months where the resort would be an actual resort so we could hang out at the pool and all that after. I also wouldn't have left the resort.

The school itself was fantastic, really great instructors and drastically improved my timing. It's interesting to see the individual lap times - I did a 1.21.5 on the road course, which was one of the faster CT4's in the group (but definitely not the fastest). I was placed in a group of 5 CT5's, and they were running around 1.16/1.17. I was middle of the pack in the auto cross

Went to Spring Mountain back when I had my ATS-V and my wife & I had an absolute blast. Very much looking forward to getting back down there for the Blackwing stuff. We’ll probably do an additional day or two in Vegas afterwards.

View attachment 21088View attachment 21089
I didn't see any sun shades set up when I was there in December 2022. The winds there must have wreaked havoc on them and they removed them. I went there a few months after the monsoon rains washed out parts of the track. They showed us pictures of the sand and dirt that they had to bulldoze away. The desert can be unforgiving sometimes.

Maybe off topic for this thread but I'll ask anyway. I'm going to Spring Mountain August 28-29th. I hear the track day ends at 4pm, however my flight isn't until 1030pm, which is not ideal but all I could get. Figured I would take the opportunity to see some nature or something before my flight. So, if my track day ends at 4pm, and I likely need to drop off my rental car no later than 830-900pm and check into my flight, what sites are worth seeing in this time frame? Red Rock Canyon? Anything else?

Regards,
Christopher

Why do you say that? Is it the power difference or is it because it doesn't have the V8 sound?
There is no denying how intoxicating the sound of the V8 is, but it is the torque that I am addicted to. Acceleration is instantaneous in any gear. I am way more satisfied with low end punch than I am high revving RPMs. It's very much my style.

@cnofar .....Red Rock Canyon is beautiful. You can just drive thru if you don't want to hike. Probably too far is Valley of the Fire, NE of Vegas. That's beautiful too and you can drive it. Both have minor hikes if you wanted.

Sounds like you have about 3 hours to kill before heading to the airport. I would just go and walk around the Las Vegas Blvd strip and see the sites and freaks. 3 hours will go by quickly.

Attachments

• 20220213_213718.jpg
    20220213_213718.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Heading out Thursday to Spring Mountain and looking forward to the cooler weather (only 100* this week, haha) but hoping to avoid some nasty thunderstorms on Saturday.

Sounds like you have about 3 hours to kill before heading to the airport. I would just go and walk around the Las Vegas Blvd strip and see the sites and freaks. 3 hours will go by quickly.
Vegas could be interesting, but I'm looking for more of a calm, natural way to kill some 3-4 hours. Something outdoor preferred.

Maybe off topic for this thread but I'll ask anyway. I'm going to Spring Mountain August 28-29th. I hear the track day ends at 4pm, however my flight isn't until 1030pm, which is not ideal but all I could get. Figured I would take the opportunity to see some nature or something before my flight. So, if my track day ends at 4pm, and I likely need to drop off my rental car no later than 830-900pm and check into my flight, what sites are worth seeing in this time frame? Red Rock Canyon? Anything else?

Regards,
Christopher
That's what I did. My flight out of Vegas was a red eye, so I had the entire evening to do...something. I took my time driving through Red Rock Canyon, stopped at In-n-Out for dinner, and drove on the strip until it was time to hit the airport. An afternoon well spent.

IMG_1413.jpeg
IMG_1415.jpeg
IMG_1418.jpeg

Does anyone know if there is a long wait time between registering for the school and the actual driving school? Got my 4BW last week and haven't had the time to call the school to register. My dealer mentioned there was a long line for the school, last time she checked.

Heading out Thursday to Spring Mountain and looking forward to the cooler weather (only 100* this week, haha) but hoping to avoid some nasty thunderstorms on Saturday.
Just got home from there on Sunday, it was hot, but breezy. There was a flash flood warning on Saturday but didn’t get any rain in Pahrump, you could see the rain over the mountains. Have fun, it truly is worth it! A friend of mine is going out this Thursday too.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a long wait time between registering for the school and the actual driving school? Got my 4BW last week and haven't had the time to call the school to register. My dealer mentioned there was a long line for the school, last time she checked.
Has to be completed within a year after purchase which can be difficult. I took delivery in late January and I'm scheduled for the school in mid December. I could have gotten into a class in August but it would have been in an automatic transmission car. I waited to experience it in a manual which is what I bought.

Has to be completed within a year after purchase which can be difficult. I took delivery in late January and I'm scheduled for the school in mid December. I could have gotten into a class in August but it would have been in an automatic transmission car. I waited to experience it in a manual which is what I bought.
The reason the classes book up fast is they only offer them once a week because there are less Caddy owners, we only had 12 in our class last week 8/11-12, where Vette school has more classes because more owners. Most Caddy classes have 18 students.

I purchased my car May 2022. I waited months before trying to register in December 2022. Couldn't get in for several months, needed a GM extension and finally got in August 2023. Book early is my suggestion.

Thanks for the replies. I called them this morning and Ashley said they are all booked up with the schedules that have been released. They are slated to release more availabilities next week around August 21, so I'll have to wait until then.

They may also notify openings from people that drop out. Sometimes they are short notice though.

I purchased my car May 2022. I waited months before trying to register in December 2022. Couldn't get in for several months, needed a GM extension and finally got in August 2023. Book early is my suggestion.
What's the process for getting an extension?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back