Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

I had #34a (CT4, A10) overheat on me twice this weekend. Other than that, everything was awesome.
Yeah, that's the only Achilles of the A10. Amazing transmission in every other way, but it is a Torque Converter...gonna overheat the fluid eventually. Had that happen to a few friends who have the 1LE and ZL1 with A10s at Sebring.

I had #34a (CT4, A10) overheat on me twice this weekend. Other than that, everything was awesome.
I was out there on May 12 & 13. Good weather and good times all around. Delta was great and bumped me to the front on the return flight to JFK. I am running with the MOE HPDE group for the rest of the season, except for the middle of June.

Yeah, that's the only Achilles of the A10. Amazing transmission in every other way, but it is a Torque Converter...gonna overheat the fluid eventually. Had that happen to a few friends who have the 1LE and ZL1 with A10s at Sebring.
I'm thankful my own car is a stick, but driving the auto on track when it wasn't melting down was fantastic.

There's no question I got more pace out of the car and I only lost the last lap on two of the lead/follows, so not a big deal.

I'm thankful my own car is a stick, but driving the auto on track when it wasn't melting down was fantastic.

There's no question I got more pace out of the car and I only lost the last lap on two of the lead/follows, so not a big deal.
Yeah, we're gonna need to see some video, including @jonnywaffles11's geologic expedition.

The only problem I had with #41 were the slower cars in front. On day two I joined a group of 5BW most with auto. One would pull away in the straight and I would catch him in the "esses". The other person was very experienced and runs at Walkins Glenn in a track prep CT4V. Him and the instructor smoked me in their CT5 BW.

jonnywaffles11 have you run NJMP?, I will be there on May 29th.

View attachment 19060
#41 was my favorite of the 3 cars I abused over 2 days. started out in one with a sunroof and once I put on a helmet I didn't fit (PSA for anyone 6ft or taller -try and grab a non sunroof car), they switched me to 41 after that which I used until the afternoon of the 2nd day where I got switched out to #44 which had standard seats. Not sure what I did to #41 but on one of the hot laps I noticed the steering wheel was off by a decent amount. I was definitely the slow car in front for @Matt27 and others in my group 😂. props to the guys that ran impressive times in base seats, coming from the sport seats I was amazed at how much I was flying around in the base seats, it definitely tripped me up a bit.

I have been to NJMP once to watch an event but never ran on the track. I may have to do that at some point in the future though to improve my skills from a baseline of "nada".

Like Neil Armstrong, I too took home some rocks from my journey into new environments.
Similar to Neil, but maybe you stepped on the throttle while he stepped on the moon. The end result was the same as you both discovered rocks.

Eagerly awaiting to see the video.

The only drone footage shared by the instructor's in our class were, the prior "expeditions" to the tires and gravel on 2 separate occasions!

One student had to pony up some serious cash for their adventure, didn't buydown the deductible and took the on the chin $$$. Waffles footage will be shared in the "what not to do" session of the class! Congratulation's ;)

Similar to Neil, but maybe you stepped on the throttle while he stepped on the moon. The end result was the same as you both discovered rocks.

Eagerly awaiting to see the video.
Here are two of Mr. Waffles' adventures. The first was a spin and the second was a good save. My avoidance maneuvers unfortunately mean they're not 100% in view. These are from day 2. His day 1 adventure was as the last car in line so it only exists in his footage.

#41 was my favorite of the 3 cars I abused over 2 days. started out in one with a sunroof and once I put on a helmet I didn't fit (PSA for anyone 6ft or taller -try and grab a non sunroof car), they switched me to 41 after that which I used until the afternoon of the 2nd day where I got switched out to #44 which had standard seats. Not sure what I did to #41 but on one of the hot laps I noticed the steering wheel was off by a decent amount. I was definitely the slow car in front for @Matt27 and others in my group 😂. props to the guys that ran impressive times in base seats, coming from the sport seats I was amazed at how much I was flying around in the base seats, it definitely tripped me up a bit.

I have been to NJMP once to watch an event but never ran on the track. I may have to do that at some point in the future though to improve my skills from a baseline of "nada".

Here are two of Mr. Waffles' adventures. The first was a spin and the second was a good save. My avoidance maneuvers unfortunately mean they're not 100% in view. These are from day 2. His day 1 adventure was as the last car in line so it only exists in his footage.

View attachment 19071
Yup, way wide on the first corner apex and then probably added throttle or too much steering into the turn = spin
You should be like this at that corner:
1684896727723.png

Same corner - my perspective, my front wheels kiss the first corner curb (Apex #1), my front wheels on the second corner curb (Apex #2)

1684933844921.png

View attachment 19071
Y'all out there tryna set lap times while my man's clearly working on his drift skills.

Y'all out there tryna set lap times while my man's clearly working on his drift skills.
Anyone that watches Throttle House knows the fastest way around a track is sideways with smoking tires.

1684938974170.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners