Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

It's on the East side...in the PDR they call it East Bowl.
That makes me feel better. A 1:19 in the North track would have been faster than every instructor in a 4 and faster than the 5's lol. I really dont know what my best North Lap would have been. I did a 1:27 but caught up to lap traffic with 3 turns left, likely about a 1:26 if I didnt have to ease off. But that was my first session of day 2, I was pretty sick the other two sessions. I doubt I had better than a 1:24-5 in me that day. My demo lap, Tammy did a 1:21. Who was your demo instructor?

That makes me feel better. A 1:19 in the North track would have been faster than every instructor in a 4 and faster than the 5's lol. I really dont know what my best North Lap would have been. I did a 1:27 but caught up to lap traffic with 3 turns left, likely about a 1:26 if I didnt have to ease off. But that was my first session of day 2, I was pretty sick the other two sessions. I doubt I had better than a 1:24-5 in me that day. My demo lap, Tammy did a 1:21. Who was your demo instructor?
Oh man, Tammy can drive!

I was in a 5BW auto and was able to get consistent 127-132 mph in the long straightaway. I also paid the extra insurance $250. After doing the course, you would have to have a major screwup to damage the car. They only stopped us one time to check someones wheels who went into the gravel for a few feet. He was fine. We did have one engine blow an oil line and dump oil all over the track. They cut us short one hour for the day and it was cleaned up so well, I couldn't see where it happened. Did they improve their CTV-BW gift shop items ? They were lacking in t-shirts for the Cadillac's.

Their BW swag shop is terrible. Not much in there.
Yeah, it's like 3 jackets and 2 T-shirts, one of each was for women. The rest is Corvette stuff, which, judging by the Corvette owners, they probably sell a lot of. Every Corvette student had at least one piece of Corvette apparel on at all times.

I was in a 5BW auto and was able to get consistent 127-132 mph in the long straightaway. I also paid the extra insurance $250. After doing the course, you would have to have a major screwup to damage the car. They only stopped us one time to check someones wheels who went into the gravel for a few feet. He was fine. We did have one engine blow an oil line and dump oil all over the track. They cut us short one hour for the day and it was cleaned up so well, I couldn't see where it happened. Did they improve their CTV-BW gift shop items ? They were lacking in t-shirts for the Cadillac's.

Yeah, the red 5 in front of me would leave me for dead on the straights, but I had to slow down to match his speed in the esses. ;)

Yes, I paid the $250 for the extra piece of mind. Less to worry about when on the track and able to focus more on getting some proper fast laps.

Only managed 1:21.6 on my last session (instructor lap was 1:20.x). I was dropping seconds off each session as I built confidence in the car, tires and my lines. I know where I left behind some time in a few places that would have just taken more laps. I was not carrying enough speed into the bowl, once I got the line pounded into my head, out of T3 into T4, it just takes balls to hold it wide open to the braking cone and not let off till your already in the bowl in the corner on the banking then let the bakes slow you down to tighten up your line for a double apex a the exit to get a drive up the hill to the Esses. Just needed a few more laps to get the confidence up there. I had a good line from T1 through T2 which was the fastest corner on the track, felt I left some time out there here as well, got the line down and was hitting my markers but felt I was still working on staying on the throttle out of 1 longer and on the throttle into 2 sooner. Getting through T10 is a super late wide entry apex to get you angled right onto the front straight, got it right a few times and really propels you down the front. Funny thing, as it comes to you the faster you go but the less stressful it is, I was literally laughing and having a blast on my fastest laps. The car was perfect, just went where I wanted it to go, most of this was just simply slowing down on the entry some to get the exit right.

Spring Mountain Track.jpeg

View attachment _REV3903.jpg

Im in the blue shirt behind the 7A, TY is behind the driver front wheel.
View attachment Class_Photo.jpg

Last edited:
I could only get 130 on the long straightaway.... The 5BW pulls hard all the way down it too! I tried my best to get to 88 mph coming out of turn 2 and 120 before braking hard into turn 3....

The 4BW gets thru the corners like CrAzY!!! I had more fun in the 4 for sure..... Yes, the 5BW would be on my bumper going into 1 but I would lose them by turn 3... I lost my SD card from my second trip 4BW..... I was dealing with my sons accident back home and lost it... Oh well...

After I did the ride a long with the instructor, I found that i was braking far too early at the end of the straightaway. He told me that I had $9000 brakes on the 5BW and to use em' all up ! I wouldn't start braking hard until I was at the #1 panel and braking into the turn. It allowed you to keep accelerating when you thought you should be slowing down. Those fat tires keep you on the ground like a train. I would fishtail once in a while, but the car computers would do the correction for you. Here is the jacket and hat I bought for posterity. It is a very nice quality jacket that should last me for years in the NY winters.

Attachments

• 20230217_194509.jpg
    20230217_194509.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 117
  • 20230217_231735.jpg
    20230217_231735.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed