Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

1 month away from my reservation at SM. I am excited. Anyone else signed up for 4/3-4/4?
C3722B1F-3927-46FB-BEE9-FC47BD8D82F3.jpeg

That was a nice clean lap. Here is my best one (same day as you) - this was the 1st of the afternoon sessions, I beat my instructor's demo lap by hair, but it was a messy lap - overcooked turn 8 leading to terminal understeer. I feel like there was another 2-3 seconds still to be found (I overheard someone in your group was in the 1:16 range?), but unfortunately I didn't get to improve on it in the later sessions - our group kept catching up the other half of our group which slowed us down on multiple runs. Oh, and I hit the radio source button on the steering wheel accidentally on the prior lap and was too focused on not dying so I couldn't gather enough mental power to hit the power button or turn the volume down for my entire run.

View attachment 16986

Even though I didn't end up with you in the fast group on day 2, I was shocked to have edged our everyone on the Auto-X with a 31.53. That was my 1st run which I took in 1st gear after the 1st straight, and it seemed to have worked for me. Instructor kept telling me to switch to 2nd for the subsequent 2 laps, but those ended up significantly slower. That said, I bet the warmer temps in the afternoon had more to do with the result than my driving.

View attachment 16987
Nice work. Yes, I feel like there's definitely another 3s in it from 1:16 in the 5. I was getting pretty severe chatter in the front brakes at end of 1st day and from the beginning of day 2 and never fully felt stable in the comfort seats that the car was selected for me came with. In hindsight, I would've much rather taken an automatic with the proper seats than the manual with the big boy seats. Oh well, had a pretty good time either way.

It looks like despite the speed differential, you and I are both braking at about the 3 heading into Turn 1. 😲

I also see that you are in 2nd gear from the esses through the straight. They explicitly told our group to NOT use second gear...I wonder if someone had a problem since your visit... :unsure:
Saw that as well.

Saw that as well.
I was told on the second day to use second for Esses and I stayed in second through turns 8 9 and 10. Two shifts on the main straight from second to third and fourth. This was in a manual 5BW. I am sure I would have been faster in an auto 5BW. Shifting to second in the esses take a fair amount of concentration/skill for us beginners. The person who turned a 1:14 was seriously moving.

Has anyone been able to book a class in sept. / oct. The classes show up on the web site. But i was told they can not book them yet.

Hello everyone. I just retired last month and hoped to take the class now that my schedule is pretty open.

I've been trying to schedule a session at Spring Mountain and there aren't any openings for several months but I am on a waiting list. That being said, I was also told that the class has to be taken within one year of taking delivery of my CT4-V Blackwing.

I cannot find any reference to a one-year limitation on either the Cadilllac or Spring Mountain's websites.

So far, each party has referenced the "terms and conditions' of the "next-level Cadillac Ownership Experience" but I have yet to receive any documentation verifying the one-year limit.

Now, the Cadillac online chat support person suggests I contact my dealership to address the issue.

So, for those that haven't scheduled your session yet, make sure you get it done within a year of when you take delivery.

Hello everyone. I just retired last month and hoped to take the class now that my schedule is pretty open.

I've been trying to schedule a session at Spring Mountain and there aren't any openings for several months but I am on a waiting list. That being said, I was also told that the class has to be taken within one year of taking delivery of my CT4-V Blackwing.

I cannot find any reference to a one-year limitation on either the Cadilllac or Spring Mountain's websites.

So far, each party has referenced the "terms and conditions' of the "next-level Cadillac Ownership Experience" but I have yet to receive any documentation verifying the one-year limit.

Now, the Cadillac online chat support person suggests I contact my dealership to address the issue.

So, for those that haven't scheduled your session yet, make sure you get it done within a year of when you take delivery.
I'm pretty sure I've seen this addressed here before. As long as you have logged contact with spring mountain within the one year, you shouldn't have a problem because of booking unavailability .

Monday, will be my 2nd year of retirement. Loving every minute of it ! Everyday is Saturday ! Go to bed after midnight and wake up whenever I feel like it !
I am jealous 😁...poor planning on my side, wish I could be in your shoes but 5 to 7 years away for me unless the company pushes me out before that.

Has anyone been able to book a class in sept. / oct. The classes show up on the web site. But i was told they can not book them yet.
I've been in contact with sales associate, Ashley Seager, at Spring Mtn. She told me the dates in Oct are thus far tentative & one can't sign-up for them yet.

I called a few days ago & confirmed they are at capacity for the remainder of the year. I have a C8 Stingray that I purchased in Oct so am eligible to do that course (costs me $1k). Would much rather do the Caddy course, tho (for obvious $ reasons). But there are a bunch of local tracks/orgs I can run a day or two on & might end up doing that first. VIR is ~1 hour away from me. But I've had such bad luck there in the past, I don't know if I want to chance either the BW or Stingray there.
There are tons of cancelations, so just ask to get put on their list.

I encountered the same issue and got on the list, and they emailed almost every other day with dates someone had backed out of. Some were very short notice, others a month or two in advance. Hopefully you'll be able to find something that works for you!

So I hope this helps others. I purchased my CT4BW in May 2022. I tried to sign up for Spring Mountain last year but it was always booked and I didn't pursue it much; thought I had lots of time. Went online today and it's still booked up. I now know there's a one year timeframe from delivery to use the Spring Mountain pass; had no idea until recently. I called Spring Mountain today, talked to a representative, they are going to ask GM for an extension as they are at least booked up until August 2023 minimum, well past my one year timeframe in May.

For those of you nearing your one year, do yourself a favor and call them to get on the wait list and have an extension from GM available. Hope this helps.

Christopher

I’ll be there on April 7th & 8th. Hopefully I can meet some fellow members from here so they can be witness to a new record… slowest person around enjoying the wonderful desert scenery 😁

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences as it’s been very helpful to me. 🍷🍷

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners