Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spaceship Sound on Startup

andyecon

About 30 seconds after starting my CT4VBW I get a spaceship/laser beam sound. No warning lights or anything and it only does it once… anybody know what it is?

Sounds like an aftermarket radar detector or alarm system. Did you buy it new? Dealer add something?

I bought it new… dealer didn’t mention anything like this, but I’ll ask.

Now I’m wondering if this car had a bunch of add ons that they just didn’t mention/charge… it also has a “Luxcare” sticker.

Last edited:
I bought it new… dealer didn’t mention anything like this, but I’ll ask.

Now I’m wondering if this car had a bunch of add ons that they just didn’t mention/charge… it also has a “Luxcare” sticker.
Luxcare is more than likely the interior/exterior protection product. Paint sealant and interior protection for the seats and carpets. I have no idea what that noise is but it is not normal and it sounds very "aftermarket-like".

LOL, WTF is that! 😲

Salesman is checking… def have some undisclosed add ons, I was looking over the car more and found door edge guards. Nice that I didn’t pay for any of this stuff, but I wish it was all documented!

Isn't that one of those dealer inventory gps trackers? I've seen similar sounds on other forums and I think that is what it was.

A buddy of mine suggested the same thing, has seen it on mustang forum.

(Although, on the mustang forum, trackers probably for police to track the driver after they maim spectators leaving cars and coffee…)

Hmmm my 5BW did this in the garage the other day after parking it up and locking it. Went off within a minute. I didn’t have to disarm or unlock the vehicle. I think it may be related to the ‘power sounder’.

Attachments

• IMG_8121.png
    IMG_8121.png
    354.6 KB · Views: 72
As much as I assume its some crap the dealer installed, I'm leaning towards an issue with the intrusion alarm or the "power sounder". Given Mulignan hears the same sound.

If its done it every time you drive the car, I'd have the alarm system looked at.

So they can track my car? I don’t like that…
I sure hope you don't like it!! 🤓 It's so they can keep track of their inventory when they own it, not when you own it. Go back to the dealer and have them remove it.

I don't think that little weeny noise has any feature of the OEM alarm system. Who is going to be deterred by that when only the person inside the car can hear it. Its makes noise inside so the thief knows it's being tracked, by the dealer.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back