Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V SoCal dealer recommendation for new order?

Cadillac CT4-V model
Thanks, I looked through their inventory, cant find what Im looking for yet. I do not want a moon roof, seems like this is a standard option dealers order for inventory. It seems the combo I want (1st post) is going to be a very unique build, if I can get it built.

I absolutely hate the moon roof as you know it'll be a pain point in the future by either leaking or failing.

I absolutely hate the moon roof as you know it'll be a pain point in the future by either leaking or failing.
I don't hate it, but don't use it enough to justify the cost (my current 13 ATS has one). I suppose it might be good for resale, but then the maintenance items you mentioned. I purposely did not order one on my incoming CT5-V.

Thanks, I looked through their inventory, cant find what Im looking for yet. I do not want a moon roof, seems like this is a standard option dealers order for inventory. It seems the combo I want (1st post) is going to be a very unique build, if I can get it built.
Close the shade cover for the moonroof and poof……….it’s gone!

I also looked through that inventory and thought the same thing: "Am I the only one who really does NOT want a sunroof?" Apparently I'm not alone!

No sunroof on my order. I like my Mercedes sunroof (entire roof is black glass and no shark fin), but the implementation on the CT5 doesn’t do much for me. Think it will look a lot cleaner without. Wish there was no shark fin either.

I also looked through that inventory and thought the same thing: "Am I the only one who really does NOT want a sunroof?" Apparently I'm not alone!

Extra weight where it hurts the most(up high), extra complexity, loss of rigidity, plus loss of a $1k. I refuse to pay money to make the car worse.

Extra weight where it hurts the most(up high), extra complexity, loss of rigidity, plus loss of a $1k. I refuse to pay money to make the car worse.
And the reduced headroom interferes with my cowboy hat.

don't go with Beverly hills Cadillac.. they drilled holes for the front license plate after I told them not to. Then tried to get a $2k perma plate markup... do the research perma plate is basically a wipe-on spray that supposedly has a warranty. I said I didn't want it and they still said they would have to charge me, so basically they do charge a $2k markup. I got out of it. When I picked up my car there were extra miles and a scratch on the driver's window, which again they tried to get out of but in the end, they replaced the driver's glass. The sales people are good but the sales manager was horrible to work with. He said its the law to install the front license plate and then made me sign a waiver that the plate isn't installed and it's my responsibility.

don't go with Beverly hills Cadillac.. they drilled holes for the front license plate after I told them not to. Then tried to get a $2k perma plate markup... do the research perma plate is basically a wipe-on spray that supposedly has a warranty. I said I didn't want it and they still said they would have to charge me, so basically they do charge a $2k markup. I got out of it. When I picked up my car there were extra miles and a scratch on the driver's window, which again they tried to get out of but in the end, they replaced the driver's glass. The sales people are good but the sales manager was horrible to work with. He said its the law to install the front license plate and then made me sign a waiver that the plate isn't installed and it's my responsibility.
Tone deaf dealership that is probably only use to catering to people with money to burn and couldnt care less about minute details like no front plates, etc.

So they already drilled the holes, and Then made you sign a waiver? You usually sign the waiver so they Don't drill the bumper, not after the fact!

Tone deaf dealership that is probably only use to catering to people with money to burn and couldnt care less about minute details like no front plates, etc.

So they already drilled the holes, and Then made you sign a waiver? You usually sign the waiver so they Don't drill the bumper, not after the fact!
right... I told them don't drill the bumper before the car showed up.. the tech that did the preinspection drills the bumpers and doesn't take out the spacers.. go to pick up the car find the front license plate installed because "its the law for the dealership" go to sign the papers that have a disclaimer that the front plate isn't installed. I argued with Harry the sales manager so many times, there is no customer service at this dealership...

right... I told them don't drill the bumper before the car showed up.. the tech that did the preinspection drills the bumpers and doesn't take out the spacers.. go to pick up the car find the front license plate installed because "its the law for the dealership" go to sign the papers that have a disclaimer that the front plate isn't installed. I argued with Harry the sales manager so many times, there is no customer service at this dealership...
That's a highly rated dealership too. I didn't even try them when I found out about the stupid scam-plate coating. Sorry you went through that man

When we are ordering stock, we usually order a few without sunroofs, however, we generally pair those with the 6-Speeds as those are generally the cars people track more often. No sunroof = more helmet room

When we are ordering stock, we usually order a few without sunroofs, however, we generally pair those with the 6-Speeds as those are generally the cars people track more often. No sunroof = more helmet room
Went back to double check your list and all your manuals had moonroofs. Sucks for me

So you didn't know about perma plate markup until you went to pick up the car? They were very upfront about that when I asked about msrp and additional dealer markups. Thats a shame about the license plate holes.

So you didn't know about perma plate markup until you went to pick up the car? They were very upfront about that when I asked about msrp and additional dealer markups. Thats a shame about the license plate holes.
Although, I ended up buying mine somewhere else, the first thing I asked them was if they would sell the car at sticker l…..they said “yes” but we do add $1995 for Perma-Plate.

Although, I ended up buying mine somewhere else, the first thing I asked them was if they would sell the car at sticker l…..they said “yes” but we do add $1995 for Perma-Plate.
My absolute favorite response of salesman when I ask them if they sell at MSRP: "Yes! We sell at MSRP and we add a mark up." 🧐

I truly believe some salesman see potential customers as soulless, brainless bags of money walking around.

Yes I asked before ordering and I was told there is no mark up the car is sold at MSRP. I was never told about the perma plate only at the last minute when my car was on the way. I argued against it and they never applied it or charged me. The holes in the bumper suck, but I was able to add painted bumper plugs and they look like parking sensors now. Also got some credit for the holes so I might be the only one paying under MSRP... although I would have preferred the no hole option.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back