Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Should I Just Throw Down A Deposit and Let the Fates Decide?

NoobCT5VBW

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Contemplating...
New to the forum here, been lurking awhile. Have 3 vehicles I'm looking at:

Lexus IS500
Porsche Taycan
Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing

I have a deposit in already on the Porsche (February '22), and the Lexus (they don't participate in allocations or custom orders per dealer, you just give them money, then they call you when they're getting one in from Toyota, no choice w/ color/options etc).

Thinking about putting a deposit down on a CT5VBW also, and then just accepting whatever vehicle gets done first. My question is, there are a lot of "In-Transit" vehicles in the website inventory. I know that almost every single one of them is a custom order that's already spoken for, but has anyone on here just "gotten lucky" w/ a dealer order or cancellation? I'm not against doing some legwork and going outside of my area to find one that's available.

I'm sure this topic has been covered, just not sure under which keywords, so couldn't find it with search.

New to the forum here, been lurking awhile. Have 3 vehicles I'm looking at:

Lexus IS500
Porsche Taycan
Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing

Screen-Shot-2020-07-08-at-8-10-49-PM.png

These are all completely different vehicles, I think you need to determine what you actually want.

1. Compact, archaic (but still classy) car with a V8
2. An electric sports sedan, its a Porsche, its pretty great
3. The ultimate ICE sports sedan (assuming you buy it in manual)

The Blackwing is pretty limited with allocation so unless you do your research you will probably be waiting a while, The IS500 is possible to find and also a lot cheaper then either of the other two vehicles. The Taycan is one of Porsche's few cars that are available. If I had to guess, the Taycan will be available before the other two.

Again you need to decide what you want, these 3 cars are completely different from each other and if you just wait to see who calls first, well you'll probably end up with a Taycan.

Blackwings have certainly become available for a few lucky people, you have to have had your name down at a a dealer that only had 1-2 people in line and received an allocation where one backed out. Your best bet is Sewell in Dallas, they're the highest volume dealership by a mile. Anyone else will be a roll of the dice. If you really want the Blackwing, just wait for it, or get one of the other two while you wait.

These are all completely different vehicles, I think you need to determine what you actually want.

1. Compact, archaic (but still classy) car with a V8
2. An electric sports sedan, its a Porsche, its pretty great
3. The ultimate ICE sports sedan (assuming you buy it in manual)

The Blackwing is pretty limited with allocation so unless you do your research you will probably be waiting a while, The IS500 is possible to find and also a lot cheaper then either of the other two vehicles. The Taycan is one of Porsche's few cars that are available. If I had to guess, the Taycan will be available before the other two.

Again you need to decide what you want, these 3 cars are completely different from each other and if you just wait to see who calls first, well you'll probably end up with a Taycan.

Blackwings have certainly become available for a few lucky people, you have to have had your name down at a a dealer that only had 1-2 people in line and received an allocation where one backed out. Your best bet is Sewell in Dallas, they're the highest volume dealership by a mile. Anyone else will be a roll of the dice. If you really want the Blackwing, just wait for it, or get one of the other two while you wait.

Yes, yes they are. And yes, manual all the way. They're all different, but in their own way, they're the best at what they offer. An old school, high-revving Japanese compact w/ bulletproof reliability, the only EV with a soul, and the MacDaddy to rule them all.

I'm going off of dealer inventory on company website, for the Caddy its hundreds (granted spoken for), for the Porsche its a dozen give or take depending on the search radius, for the Lexus, at last count, its THREE in inventory nationwide hehe.

So, I did have a dealer down here in Florida tell me that they're getting a Black on Black CT5VBW with the 10-speed due to arrive some time in the next week or two and asked if I was interested. I said "no" because it has the automatic, but that I'd still love to drive it if it's unclaimed when it arrives. So I feel like there is some luck involved right?

From the movement of cars tracked on this site, I would suggest you save your deposit for a 2023 model BW cuz I hazard to say you won't have a chance on snagging a 2022.

I'll be interested to see what the differences are when they release it.

has anyone on here just "gotten lucky" w/ a dealer order or cancellation

I came close.

A few days after I ordered my CT4-V Blackwing, my salesperson called me and said their sister store had one on the way that was not spoken for.

It was my preferred trans (manual) and exterior color (Rift) and had my preferred carbon packages (none). But it had the gray quilted seats, which I genuinely dislike. Deal-breaker for me.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back