Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Should a Blackwing have a black wing?

marfan

RiftGang
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
5BW
Just made some quick 'chops to help decide if I want the detailer to wrap the base spoiler black. Figured I would share. Sorry for the dirty/wet car. The palm tree pics are of a 5V, but it's close enough and among the only decent ones I could find.

Attachments

• 5v rift.jpg
    5v rift.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 5v rift wrapped.jpg
    5v rift wrapped.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 157
  • base1.jpg
    base1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 156
  • wrap1.jpg
    wrap1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 144
  • base2.jpg
    base2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 153
  • wrap2.jpg
    wrap2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Your preference. For me, there's so little to distinguish an actual Blackwing from a V so I'd probably keep in black.

Those pictures are of the regular V spoiler, not the BW spoiler.

The regular BW spoiler is much bigger and might not be as subtle when painted.

Also, just FYI, the regular V spoiler does not fit the BW. The BW has extra holes drilled in the trunk that are not covered by the regular V's spoiler.

Thanks. Maybe this was a little unclear so I edited the first post. The Florida pics are of a Rift 5V and I used them because they were the best I could find with decent lighting. The wet/rainy pictures are the base 5BW spoiler, which is the same as the V, and comes body colored. I'm debating having it wrapped black if the detailer is already taking it off for PPF install.

I would say no, leave it to match the car.

I have a Rift CT5-V BW on order with CF1. If it comes down to losing the carbon, I will, but then am likely to change to a darker color like Shadow Metallic. Part of why I want Rift is for that great contrast with black accents, but I would not blacken the non-carbon spoiler. I want the real deal or nothing.

In an ideal world, I could get a carbon version of the smaller lip spoiler. But I don't see a big market for that!

If it’s just a wrap do it! I like it. On my V3 I had the hood vents painted black as they were body color (white). It looked great.

Last edited:
I would do black or get shiny carbon fiber wrap and make it look like carbon... i did that on my strut tower brace and it came out good.

Update: Detailer was hesitant to do a gloss black vinyl, in his experience the luster/depth wouldn't really match the painted areas just a couple inches below - so we decided against it. I will probably just leave it, if it's really irking me, may replace it with the black painted version down the road.

I'm holding out for the 0.1% chance that someone will make a carbon version of the regular-V spoiler. Otherwise, I ordered it to be a sleeper, so it stays a sleeper - for now!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back