Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

Tall Steve

Head Goat Herder
Hey guys, I'm sitting at my desk this morning bored and was thinking how I could generate some conversation on the forum, so lets do a kind of roll call where you give a little info about where you are from, family, and what you do to make a living..

I'm from Garland Texas, a suburb of Dallas, and I'm 56 years old, married for 36 years (together 38), and I have one "spoiled" son that's 21 years old. I work as an Estate Manager for a wealth Dallas family so that keeps me fairly busy most day, but like today when the boss is out of town my days are easier. As some of you know I have a CT5 BW ordered and the reason why I'm on this forum. That's probably more than you wanted to know about me but I would like to know more about you guys! Oh, and I have an English Bulldog that's my baby girl!!

GO!

Attachments

• IMG_9896.jpg
    IMG_9896.jpg
    948 KB · Views: 182
I'm from Houston, TX and a fellow SS owner (2015, 2017). Ever since I sold my SS, I've been looking for a replacement. Always loved CTS-V and it's been my dream car forever but was never in a position to own one and since last gen didn't have a manual, I wasn't interested in it.
With BW I finally got a chance to find a SS replacement and was hoping to get CT5-BW but as configured, it is still more than what I would want to spend on a car so settled with CT4-BW. Hopefully, will pick a slightly used 5BW in couple of years.

I grew up on Long Island and have moved around a bit, spending time in metro Detroit, Manhattan and finally settled down in Austin, TX for the past 16 years. I'm old enough to know better lol (about Steve's age). Been with my wife over 30 years, married 26 this year. 11 year old twins that act like they're 17. Like many here, I'm also a former multiple SS owner, 2015 and 2017 as well! I bought my CTS-V new in 2018 but I really miss the manual. The CT5 BW is the perfect combo and the best of all worlds! Fingers crossed that GM accepts my order sometime. If not though, I'll try again next year. I do love my current V and it'll keep me satisfied if things don't pan out for me this year.

Past cars of note include a Fox body Mustang GT (first new car, manual), mkII GTI (manual), IROC Z (manual), Probe GT (manual), G35x, Charger R/T, Charger SRT 392 and a bunch more.

I have lived on Long Island most of my life (except for first 6 years in Brooklyn). I've been married to my wife 25 years (together for 33 yrs, since high school). I work for a large financial institution doing cybersecurity and technology risk management. My daily driver / train station car is a luxurious and stunning 2009 Chevy Malibu LTZ. 🤣 My weekend car is my 1994 Trans Am GT (basic intake, exhaust and PCM tuning mods). My wife actually drives the luxury vehicle of the family, 2015 Maserati Quattroporte SQ4 which we'll be selling for the BW. We have two sons, oldest turned 21 yesterday and youngest is 17. They're car freaks like us and also can't wait for the BW.

We had a 2009 CTS AWD 3.6 which we bought new but sold about 18 months ago and have regretted it since. So my wife and I can't wait to get the BW into the garage.

Hey @SIX 40, where were you on L.I,? I am in St. James (Head of the Harbor) for the past 16 years. I am actually going to be down in Mansfield TX next weekend. I have family there and will be coming down for a cousin's wedding.

I have lived on Long Island most of my life (except for first 6 years in Brooklyn). I've been married to my wife 25 years (together for 33 yrs, since high school). I work for a large financial institution doing cybersecurity and technology risk management. My daily driver / train station car is a luxurious and stunning 2009 Chevy Malibu LTZ. 🤣 My weekend car is my 1994 Trans Am GT (basic intake, exhaust and PCM tuning mods). My wife actually drives the luxury vehicle of the family, 2015 Maserati Quattroporte SQ4 which we'll be selling for the BW. We have two sons, oldest turned 21 yesterday and youngest is 17. They're car freaks like us and also can't wait for the BW.

We had a 2009 CTS AWD 3.6 which we bought new but sold about 18 months ago and have regretted it since. So my wife and I can't wait to get the BW into the garage.

Hey @SIX 40, where were you on L.I,? I am in St. James (Head of the Harbor) for the past 16 years. I am actually going to be down in Mansfield TX next weekend. I have family there and will be coming down for a cousin's wedding.
My son can't wait to drive the BW, and hopefully we will do a father son thing at the V academy..

As most of you know, I own and operate this site as well as the other sites in my signature.

I'm 51, which totally freaks me out, because I don't look, feel or act like the average guy my age, but I do feel it creeping up on me from time to time. LOL

I live in New Hampshire where I've lived most of my life other than a 5-year stint down in the Washington DC metro area.

While my degree is in biotech, I made the jump into Web Development in 2000 and I've been working in IT and marketing ever since.

I work a full time job as a Marketing Director and running these websites are my other full time job. I'm frequently awake and working more than a human should be, but, I love cars and my websites are a hobby and passion.

My passion for cars started when I was a wee lad and my parents had a 1969 Jaguar XKE convertible that I absolutely loved. I remember being small enough to fit between my mother's legs in the passenger side footwell. On hot summer nights, we'd take a ride to grab ice cream and I had either Wolfman Jack or the Red Sox blasting in my left ear. 🤣 Yes, I grew up with a fondness for Chubby Checker, Fats Domino, Little Richard, and Chuck Berry. LOL

While sports car have always been my passion, especially Corvettes, I've always admired Cadillac. My mother still has a 1982 Eldorado Biarritz diesel! 🤣 My grandfather owned several Cadillacs including a couple Fleetwood Broughams. To him: the bigger the Cadillac - the better. That's one gene I obviously did not inherit! 🤣

So, I've always admired Cadillac - especially the XLR which is why I started the XLR Net website. To this day, I still shed a tear that they killed that car. The marketing was God-awful and they priced it way too high for the market. A couple years later I started this site - the Cadillac V-Net. I love the V-series Cadillacs and all of their identity crises over the generations. I don't own, nor have I ever owned a Cadillac - but I hope to one day be able to add one or two to my stable.

The V-series Cadillacs that I've seen coming out of Detroit the last 3 or so years, have really peaked my interest. They're beautiful cars with amazing performance and I'm excited and hopeful for the future of the V-series platform. I hope that Cadillac has finally gotten past their hunt for an identity and are now willing to take the designs of their current lineup and massage them...slowly mold them...and let them mature like a good Scotch or Italian cheese should be allowed to mature. And for the love of God...don't just run a new model for a few years and kill it off like GM has a tendency of doing (ATS-V, XLR, Chevy SS...etc.)

GM needs to learn to be more flexible. If something isn't working or isn't selling, don't just kill it and come out with some wack-adoo design and hope that it catches people's eyes. Take a scalpel to it and work it. Anyhow...I digress...

I have two kids that overall, are great kids. Well mannered unless provoked, but they never whine, complain, or incessantly beg for money. They do bring me great joy, and rarely ever leave me feeling disappointed. Their photos are below. :chuckle

Attachments

• 10669110_902692009759917_8157243845826771027_o.jpg
    10669110_902692009759917_8157243845826771027_o.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 79534744_3068690709826692_5950077911821189120_n.jpg
    79534744_3068690709826692_5950077911821189120_n.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 124721217_4039394499422970_7263123930767702546_n.jpg
    124721217_4039394499422970_7263123930767702546_n.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 124774294_4039366882759065_5717216404454055982_n.jpg
    124774294_4039366882759065_5717216404454055982_n.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 194
Arizona native. 29 years old (or young). F-16 Avionics. Been Air National Guard for almost 12 years. Half the time a “weekend warrior” ,6ish years full time.
Did some contracting work in Iraq May 19-Dec 19, and then again Sept 20- Mar 21. Considering heading back for a bit, or possibly another contract gig in Afghanistan.

Attachments

• 907A0288-79F5-465A-B03B-345B922A511A.jpeg
    907A0288-79F5-465A-B03B-345B922A511A.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 181
@jwolf99 Howdy, neighbor! I was born at St. John’s in Smithtown and grew up in Holbrook. Went to Sachem, etc. My wife worked at Smith Haven when we met. Small world! I love NY and still miss it on occasion but very happy where we landed. One of my siblings moved to the Dallas burbs in the 80s and we’d come down to visit. 16 years and 2 kids later, here we are. My entire family has left NY but I have lifelong friends there so I do visit. Haven’t been back in a long time, though!

As for my garage, in addition to my ‘18 CTS-V my wife got a 2020 Jaguar F-Pace S in Dec 2019. COVID hit and it’s been sitting in the garage for the past year. It’s nice for a crossover, though. Wouldn’t be my first choice but I’ve picked all of her cars over the years so I figured she should pick this one out. My beater is a 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 that I purchased new. It has just over 120k and it runs like a top as long as I keep dumping money into it lol. We brought our kids home from the hospital in it and I can’t bring myself to sell it. Either way, it is nice having an extra car.

Oh and for the record, I’m an IT manager at a large, big 12 burnt orange university. 😜

Born and raised in CT but, I’ve been in CA since college. 59 years young and my wife and I have been together for ~ 40 years and have actually been married for the majority of those years. We have 2 sons and 4 grandchildren. I started out in Automotive Technology and then moved to the parts side of it. I’ve gone from car parts to bus parts to train parts to maintenance of way parts and have worked in the public transportation field for over 30 years. I commute to work by train and drive my very high mileage Nissan 350Z Roadster back and forth to the train station. My weekend / garage queen is a ZL1 1LE which I’m sure you all are tired of me mentioning. I also have a very custom Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe. The wife’s / family car is an Infiniti G37S Sedan that’s being replaced by the Blackwing.

Hey All,

Texas born and currently transplanted in TN. Retired after 20 years in the Air Force as an air traffic controller now doing the same thing here in TN as a civilian. Always been around cars and always loved them. Some notable prior cars I have had are:

Pontiac Grand Am GT
Honda Civic SI
Dodge Neon SRT-4 (So much fun)
Acura TL
BMW M235I
Ford Focus ST
Kia Stinger GT (Current)
CT4-V BW (Future)

Really just here because I couldn't find a good source of information but stumbled across this forum and I def loving it. Really looking forward to seeing everyone get their vehicles later at the end of the year.

Eric

Last edited:
Born and raised in Detroit so most of my family works in the auto industry. Graduated with my degree in computer science and happy to work for who I feel is the best of the big 3 :). 37 years old and my sports car ownership is pretty small compared to some of you guys. Started with 2 camaro's before moving to my current V3 and soon to be CT4-BW. Still was to own a corvette one day

@Nino313 & @Mirza Grebovic do you guys have any contacts on the line to get pics during production of our specific cars?

That would be cool @CT4-V Blackwing , but I'm on the opposite side of the house (IT) so I am in the same boat as you guys

That would be cool @CT4-V Blackwing , but I'm on the opposite side of the house (IT) so I am in the same boat as you guys
When I ordered a GT350R (refused delivery long story), we had a guy on the inside who had access to the line. It was really cool to be able to see your actual car.

@Nino313 & @Mirza Grebovic do you guys have any contacts on the line to get pics during production of our specific cars?
This would be amazing!! What a cool idea. When I put down my deposit I never thought about all the cool aspects of getting a car personalized and built and delivered like this. So much more special than just picking something up from the lot.

Last edited:
This would be amazing!! What a cool idea. When I put down my deposit I never thought about all the cool aspects of getting a car personalized and built and delivered like this. So much more special than just picking something up from the lot.
I wish GM still had the build your own engine program like they did for the Corvette..

Hello everyone,
My name is Tony I'm 43 with wife and 2 daughters (1) is 15 and lives with her mom in Texas (2) and the other is a month old and lives here in Cali with my wife and I. I'm currently living in San Diego, CA and am about 6 months away from retiring from the U.S. Navy after 22 years of being a Construction Mechanic. I'm originally from Sunnyvale/Cupertino, CA but (because of the Navy) have spent 14 years in Gulfport, MS and other not so fun areas in the world. I currently own...
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
2020 Cadillac XT-6
2019 Ram 2500 w/Cummins Diesel

and previous cars
2017 Camaro ZL1 (sold last weekend)
2019 Tacoma TRD off-road
2017 Chevrolet SS Sedan
2013 Camaro 2SS
2009 BMW 335i
2006 Toyota 4Runner
2017 Honda CBR1000RR SP2
thats just in the last 4 years.. I apparently go through vehicles like most people go through underwear...oops.

I'm the President of the San Diego chapter of Head Turners Car Club and have an itch to modify ever vehicle I own. As Jeff @CT4-V Blackwing knows already I'm a big fan of craft beer and he and I have met up already to trade and enjoy some beers together (great guy!). I suppose thats about me in a nut shell...I wish I could have scored a "first 250" car but at least I was able to order a CT5-V BW early and without any problems. Can't wait for my retirement present to get here!

Late to the party. Born in upstate NY. Moved to Albany NY then to Connecticut 22 years ago. Senior Management in the Grocery business. 56 but very soon to be 57, married 27 years to my beautiful bride and have two awesome girls, 18 and 22. Telling all three of them I will be teaching them how to drive a standard - on my BW. For years I've wanted a nice performance car.....almost bought a Shelby Mustang years ago but passed last minute. Back in the early years of the CTS-V's I wanted one but couldn't afford it. That's no longer the case and when I saw this Cadillac coming I knew I had to get one. Love the outdoors so my daily drive is a truck and always will be.

Late to the party. Born in upstate NY. Moved to Albany NY then to Connecticut 22 years ago. Senior Management in the Grocery business. 56 but very soon to be 57, married 27 years to my beautiful bride and have two awesome girls, 18 and 22. Telling all three of them I will be teaching them how to drive a standard - on my BW. For years I've wanted a nice performance car.....almost bought a Shelby Mustang years ago but passed last minute. Back in the early years of the CTS-V's I wanted one but couldn't afford it. That's no longer the case and when I saw this Cadillac coming I knew I had to get one. Love the outdoors so my daily drive is a truck and always will be.
#longlivethemanuals

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners