Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Road Trash

DonD

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Coming home to what is known as the Hill Country of TX, pitch black night, fairly heavy traffic on the two lane. Watching the car in front and hit an F'ing deer carcas. Tore off a 10" section of the low slung spoiler on the Atlanta Road Race IMSA 4BW.

Deer hair and blood underneath. Doesn't look like there is any mechanical damage, just deer blood. Don

Bummer but better the dead deer than an upright one that would have taken out the nose. I don't worry too much about deer with my 4runner with a big steel bumper but I do worry about it for when I get a ct5. I see lotsa deer here foraging along the highways & roads at night.

I guess there is an upside for this. I'm planning on cutting about 10" of the spoiler toward the driver's side. Will not be very noticeable and will make it look symetrical. It should also make it easier to cross the TX DOT installed spillway between the road and the gate to our community. I has been impossible to cross w/o scraping. Don

Based on C&D (?), seems deer have it out for Blackwings!

I ran into a bear once in my Audi...it was in super dense fog on a high mountain dirt road...never saw him (and he obviously didn't see me coming...though how he couldn't have heard the car is baffling) ...luckily was only going about 15mph...but cracked bumper, front light housing...sprayed blood up onto my hood and windshield and trapped a bunch of bear hair in the crack in my bumper. Felt like I ran into a brick wall.

I've read those deer whistles don't do anything, FWIW

Do deer whistles actually help to deter the rats with antlers?

The Interwebs are all over the place on this. But thinking about it scientifically, they should not work. Any sound created from these things will vary at the very least on speed of the vehicle & placement. Think of blowing into a whistle hard or just a little bit. The pitch & loudness all changes depending on hard you blow into it. Also, think about the Doppler Effect of sound. Sound waves are compressed at a different rate depending on speed so that changes the pitch & loudness (volume) as well. Think of standing there as a train goes by with the whistle blowing. As it approaches, it's high pitched & changes pitch as it gets closer & then gets lower & lower once it passes.

Personally, I think the best sound deterrent is our exhaust note! My 5BW gets plenty loud when driven aggressively.

"Personally, I think the best sound deterrent is our exhaust note! My 5BW gets plenty loud when driven aggressively."

You would think....however that bear didn't hear my Audi coming...and I'd wager it was a tad louder than even a 5 BW.

....however that bear didn't hear my Audi coming...and I'd wager it was a tad louder than even a 5 BW.

Bears have notoriously poor hearing. Haven't you ever watched The Yogi Bear Show? :p

Sorry that happened. I hope it doesn't take too long to get a replacement spoiler. I know a guy that hit a cow in his truck, which did a lot more damage.

Sorry that happened. I hope it doesn't take too long to get a replacement spoiler. I know a guy that hit a cow in his truck, which did a lot more damage.
I might just cut off 10" on the other side of the front of the spoiler. Why you might reasonably ask?

Our community emptys out onto a 60mph one lane each way road. The spoiler simply cannot traverse the substantial TX DOT drainage trough, it scrapes no mater how careful or slow you go. Worst going home, significant risk of being rear ended. Don

That really sucks, guess it could've been much worse!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back