Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

retrofitting CT5 display in CT4

I thought they said the 5 wasnt going to get the wrap around... it looks gaudy in anycase, im more than content w my setup, ur supposed to be driving and pushing the car to its limits, who gvs a crap about all the screens, how does that add to the actual driving of the car... meh... if you need that get a merc, frgn car is basically one big screen now
Love the color of that 4 tho... looks sharp
Haha, yeah that was what I thought too, it looks like the bullshit screen they put in Mercs. Just another transition product until full autonomous.

Here's the thing, the screen has to be easy to read and ergonomics are key. A car with this much performance, you need to spend even more time driving and less time interacting with the screen. I think having a bigger screen should make that easier.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah that was what I thought too, it looks like the bullshit screen they put in Mercs. Just another transition product until full autonomous.
Ugh the thought of it... my buddy once asked me if i was going to buy used cars for the rest of my life bc there are no manuals left, i said youre damn right, then this monster came out and gave me the opp to order what i wanted (sans carbon packages 🤬)... ill go to the grave fueling my cars w dinosaur bones and operating my own vehicle!

I thought they said the 5 wasnt going to get the wrap around... it looks gaudy in anycase, im more than content w my setup, ur supposed to be driving and pushing the car to its limits, who gvs a crap about all the screens, how does that add to the actual driving of the car... meh... if you need that get a merc, frgn car is basically one big screen now
Love the color of that 4 tho... looks sharp
I hate all the new tech in the 4BW, but one thing I do wish it had was a bigger screen. You can get a bigger screen in any other luxury car, top performance trim or not. And on $30k Kias and Hyundais.

That said, it's adequate and it's placed close enough to me that the size isn't a big deal (all about the motion of the ocean). But for the price, even a 9" screen would've been welcomed.

I hate all the new tech in the 4BW, but one thing I do wish it had was a bigger screen. You can get a bigger screen in any other luxury car, top performance trim or not. And on $30k Kias and Hyundais.

That said, it's adequate and it's placed close enough to me that the size isn't a big deal (all about the motion of the ocean). But for the price, even a 9" screen would've been welcomed.

The base Kia Forte at $19,690 comes with an 8 inch display...

No excuse for it in the CT4VBW.

Edit: And the GT line starting at $21,890 has a 10.25 inch display. Lol.

Alright bad news, I tried again tonight to get the ct5 panel to work in the ct4 and no luck. Disconnected the battery and installed the panel again. waited some more and reconnected the battery and same shit. I don't really want to start tearing apart the car more and replace more modules so I'm going to unfortunately close this attempt. Sorry to everyone for getting their hopes up. If anyone has suggestions on what to do, I'm willing to continue being the guinea pig as I still.have the screens

Alright bad news, I tried again tonight to get the ct5 panel to work in the ct4 and no luck. Disconnected the battery and installed the panel again. waited some more and reconnected the battery and same shit. I don't really want to start tearing apart the car more and replace more modules so I'm going to unfortunately close this attempt. Sorry to everyone for getting their hopes up. If anyone has suggestions on what to do, I'm willing to continue being the guinea pig as I still.have the screens
Thanks for trying! Now get back to the CF work. :ROFLMAO:

youre pretty damn impressive even in your current stalemate (i reckon ull figure this out so im not calling it defeat!), was a whole helluva lot more than i would have attempted, i hope you find a way soon enough, good luck brotha

@jonnywaffles11 I think the best bet is to order a longer ribbon cable, disconnect from both sides and put the old board on the new screen (even if just as a temp mock up to see if resolution is properly set). If that works, the rest can be sorted out pretty easily! I think that's got the highest chance of success. But I'm no pro!

I like the CT4 screen size. This is my first car with a display (my newest car prior is my Wife's 2012 A3) and I think it has plenty of size for the information it's providing. To me, bigger is just aesthetically worse on the dashboard. The only thing I can think a bigger screen may benefit is navigation maps, but frankly I never use them. The ugliest thing I've ever seen is the Tesla Ipad on the dash. Car reviewers all seem to push the idea bigger is better, but even smart phones have smaller size options now because it isn't always practical or preferred.

I thought I strongly preferred the 5 screen until I used it in person (in a loaner) and saw how much thicker the top bezel is. If there’s one thing I hate more than tiny screens, it’s big bezels 😅

I thought I strongly preferred the 5 screen until I used it in person (in a loaner) and saw how much thicker the top bezel is. If there’s one thing I hate more than tiny screens, it’s big bezels 😅

That's what she said.

Thanks, now that's all I'll notice when I'm starring at the screen 😵‍💫

I did not even realize until this post that the 5 has a bigger display... now I want one.

OP what you need is a new CSM calibration. Changing out any display hardware between the two wont do you any good. The CSM controls everything on the screen and needs to be configured for the larger size/resolution. Unfortunately I can't think of any way to get this other than asking a dealership very nicely to somehow reflash the CSM for a CT5.

I like the CT4 screen size. This is my first car with a display (my newest car prior is my Wife's 2012 A3) and I think it has plenty of size for the information it's providing. To me, bigger is just aesthetically worse on the dashboard. The only thing I can think a bigger screen may benefit is navigation maps, but frankly I never use them. The ugliest thing I've ever seen is the Tesla Ipad on the dash. Car reviewers all seem to push the idea bigger is better, but even smart phones have smaller size options now because it isn't always practical or preferred.
I actually concur. The larger screen isn't all that more attractive and the way I use the car, the screen is not much of a focal point to begin with. Having a bigger on really would not improve my user experience.

If there were a page that allowed me to add more of the tiles from the DIC, then yes a larger screen might be worth while. Otherwise I don't see much value in the mega-large screens.

That black sparkly piece is pure cheese. Every time the sun shines on it I think what the hell were they thinking.
OMG! Truth! I plan to just wrap it with gloss carbon print vinyl

OMG! Truth! I plan to just wrap it with gloss carbon print vinyl

I am very curious to see how this looks when completed. Has anyone done this? Would love an after shot

With global b now unlocked, I wonder if it’s possible to control this setting and designate the larger screen?

Do the volume and selector knobs pull off easily? I tried pulling them but they wouldn't disconnect. I wanted to ask before breaking something.

Just came across this thread. I reached out to White Automotive and Media Services about it. They took a quick look at the thread and said this is something that they can likely take care of if anyone is interested still. He did ask about mounting solutions. For those that have taken it about and seen the ct5 screen, does it look simple enough? Luckily the have a 5bw development car and a local ct4 they can use!

Just came across this thread. I reached out to White Automotive and Media Services about it. They took a quick look at the thread and said this is something that they can likely take care of if anyone is interested still. He did ask about mounting solutions. For those that have taken it about and seen the ct5 screen, does it look simple enough? Luckily the have a 5bw development car and a local ct4 they can use!
I'd definitely be interested. This would alleviate the one major complaint, the small screen in a luxury car of this caliber.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back