Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Replacement tire recommendations

AZHEAT

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
‘22 CT5-V Blackwing #68
I’m currently on the stock 4S tires and have noticed the traction going away significantly in the past several months. My assumption is the colder weather and the fact I’m at the point I’ll be needing to replace the tires in the next couple thousand miles due to wear is giving me the issues, however the traction during acceleration has fallen off more than expected. I run with traction control off and have had lots of wheel spin on first to second shift since day one, even in the AZ summer heat, but entirely manageable. Now, anything close to full throttle in first and second gear at any time results in spin. Frustrating.

I don’t need a tire for freezing temperatures, being in AZ but wonder if the Cup 2s would be of no benefit (or even be worse than the 4S) when the ambient temp is in the 40’s-50’s. I don’t need a rain tire either and I’m willing to give up tread-wear for performance. My plan all along was to go with the Cup 2, but starting to have second thoughts and now considering trying them only on the rear first. I went with 888Rs on my ZL1 and was very impressed with the traction, but they were deafening and I really don’t want that on the Blackwing.

Anybody gone through the original tires on the 5 Blackwing and made a change?

Cup 2s would be even worse in cold weather. Summer tires are designed to have the most traction when things are warm and have worse traction than all seasons when things are colder. At least in the GT500 the Cup 2s are SLOWER in straight line speed and provide less traction as one provides more lateral grip vs longitudinal grip. Interesting story where a Ford engineer talks about that here Mustang GT500 Quicker To 60 On Street Than Track Tires, But There's A Totally Good Explanation | Carscoops.

Stick with the OEM tires. Lucky for you Michelin just made another run of them and fronts are FINALLY available again. The stock 4s tires aren't normal 4s tires and you need to be sure to get the TPC spec tire for the blackwing. They actually have some Cup2 compound in them on the outside tread blocks. They also have the inner rim protector removed to give that tiny amount of extra room needed to put the largest tire on possible. Great write up on the wheels/tires of the BlackWing here Why the Wheels on the 2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Only Come in One Size

I went with 888Rs on my ZL1 and was very impressed with the traction, but they were deafening and I really don’t want that on the Blackwing.
I had R888's on both of my GT500's with no issues. You must be really sensitive..LOL

I usually am mostly joking when I reply with..."Hoosiers" but this time it actually works. No cold, no rain, no noise, no budget, not worried about wear, most traction possible.
And clearly, he needs A7's because he wants full traction at all times. Ain't got time for this 'heat up the tire' nonsense.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back