Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

replace tires after 2 tanks or 100 miles ?!

Carguyshu

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
My ct5 BW is 'supposed' (I know goat rodeo) to arrive at the dealer late next month so today I started looking through the manual for all the recommended track settings. It is saying to replace the tires even if not worn every 2 tanks of gas or 100 miles. For me that is basically 1 track day. On my SL55 I'm running Michelin PS4s (obviously not the special specific ones found on the BW) and on my Q50 Red Sport I'm running Hankook Ventus RS4s. The RS4s I've ran I think at least 7 track days so far and they haven't heat cycled and have a ton of life left. The PS4s I've run 2 days and they seem fine as well and that is on a much heavier car.

Has anyone that has tracked their CT5 actually followed this 2 tank or 100 mile rule on the tires? Seems a bit ridiculous and obscenely expensive.

Wouldn't it all depend on how hard you're actually driving. I'd guess that is just GM lawyers covering their aces.

Video update I did after my last track day

I’ve never seen any recommendations like this for Corvettes. Seems really odd to replace the tires that soon unless there is some concern about the load from the weight of the car.

Someone asked Richie at Spring Mountain how often they change tires. I won't swear to this, but I'm fairly certain he said they get changed after about 1,000 miles depending on wear. I was surprised they lasted that long, but perhaps the students at the V-Academy are not as hard on tires as the average track driver.

Someone asked Richie at Spring Mountain how often they change tires. I won't swear to this, but I'm fairly certain he said they get changed after about 1,000 miles depending on wear. I was surprised they lasted that long, but perhaps the students at the V-Academy are not as hard on tires as the average track driver.
Now that you mention it, I recall him saying something similar. I think it was tires and brakes usually last around 1500 miles.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back