Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Remote Keyless Entry

KurtJ

Does anyone know how to disable the 2022 CT5-V Blackwing remote keyless FOB from turning on the vehicle lights when the remote gets close to the vehicle? I keep the remote in my pocket all the time and whenever I enter my garage, the car's lights come on; I never touch the remote. Very annoying. I can't find a setting that addresses this feature.

Does anyone know how to disable the 2022 CT5-V Blackwing remote keyless FOB from turning on the vehicle lights when the remote gets close to the vehicle? I keep the remote in my pocket all the time and whenever I enter my garage, the car's lights come on; I never touch the remote. Very annoying. I can't find a setting that addresses this feature.
It's called approach detection in the manual, but doesn't indicate it can be turned off. I hate it too.

It's called approach detection in the manual, but doesn't indicate it can be turned off. I hate it too.
It seems odd that you cannot disable this feature as many other features can be turned on or off including the "Buckle to Drive"! That one was annoying as well. Don't get me wrong I always use my seatbelt when driving, but not when I move the car from driveway to garage or I just want to start the car to check these settings.

Try this...seems to be working so far for me.

"Vehicle locator lights"

Attachments

• PXL_20220722_164218754.jpg
    PXL_20220722_164218754.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 107
Don't think that Vehicle Locator Lights is it. Not sure if you can turn off Approach Detection per manual.

Page 130
1658510231768.png

Page 140-141
1658510295896.png

1658510335321.png

Disabling the Vehicle Locator Lights works for the Approach Lighting, but also disables the same lighting when you press the Lock/Unlock on the remote. If you like this "warm fuzzy" that you have actually locked or unlocked the car, you might be disappointed. (My wife made me re-enable it!)

I don't see there is any visual that the car is locked or unlocked from the outside of the vehicle. Our previous car and our GMC Sierra have a visible lock button on the door. With the CT5 you trust fate I guess. Am I missing something?

Disabling the Vehicle Locator Lights works for the Approach Lighting, but also disables the same lighting when you press the Lock/Unlock on the remote. If you like this "warm fuzzy" that you have actually locked or unlocked the car, you might be disappointed. (My wife made me re-enable it!)

I don't see there is any visual that the car is locked or unlocked from the outside of the vehicle. Our previous car and our GMC Sierra have a visible lock button on the door. With the CT5 you trust fate I guess. Am I missing something?
You can set it so the mirrors fold in when locked, that's how I tell it is for sure locked. I also have auto locking when walking away.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back