Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Car Arrived, Initial Questions

bloominguez

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'22 5BW
Car arrived, I got it Saturday.

I’ll have an interesting (to me, anyway) story to share about karma (“carma”?) once I take the time to write it all up.

Now I’m trying to figure out the following:

Why the Onstar intro call was so boring and slow. Waste of my time.

How to disable the seat belt chime. I do this to all my cars. No, I don’t drive without a seat belt. But I like to take it off as I’m driving away or pulling up to my house to reach and and grab the mail for crying out loud. Leave a light on the dash if you want, Cadillac, but I want to turn off that damn chime.

Break in procedures.

I did find the seat memory buttons (very subtle, from the angle I was looking, but should have been obvious).

Mostly figured out the seat controls, lumbar, side bolster, massage. Awkward programming to show that on the screen, but oh well.

Wondering if I have a problem with my infotainment. It has gone dark twice now. Might be an Android Auto issue, as it has also lost connection but then continued playing a podcast with a very different interface.

Lighting, multiple issues. How do I completely disable automatic lighting? Consistently blinds oncoming traffic by not reacting fast enough, dimming the infotainment screen when I don’t want it to, if I go through a short tunnel, etc. Just really shitty programming on GM’s part.

Infotainment system. Holy cow, this appears to be really, really bad. It has gone dark a few times. May be a couple things. Screen momentarily goes really dark when lights come on (again, tunnel). Has completely frozen, but worked the next time I drove the car. Has lost connection to Android Auto. I’m pushing it pretty hard with podcasts, maps, calls. Not sure if Google or Samsung or Cadillac are to blame here, but this doesn’t appear to be fully baked at all.

How to disable the proximity sensor on the key? I’ll just press to unlock and lock, thanks. I don’t need the car lighting up all the time as I walk up to it. To me any time the lights are on when the car is not running is just a waste of battery. I don’t want it. Still digging through menus to NOT have lights turn on all the time.

My Mode, V Mode, how do I program all this stuff? And how do I get rid of all artificial noise? I suspect I’ll end up with a custom mode with some Sporty settings but with noise dialed all the way down. For that matter, I need to try the different modes to get a feel for just how different they are. Without knowing the car and not pushing it yet I don’t have a good feel for the differences.

Trying to figure out the PDR, how to use as a dashcam. Got a message about not being properly formatted for SVR, which I didn’t realize I had.

Figured out that I don’t like lane keep assist, it seems to step in at the wrong time on certain roads, just not well programmed.

In general the car is trying to hard. The electronics are getting in the way of a really enjoyable car. I’m convinced there is a place for a much more elemental car. No auto lights. No auto wipers. No driving nannies. Etc. Just my opinion.

All for now. Any input is welcome, and I know some (all?) of this stuff is out there on the forum and will keep searching.

Agree with @Throat Yogurt ....most stuff in the book. The info going black/dark doesn't sound right. I'd try without Android Auto for a while and see. As far as the chime, not sure you can disable that. If you can, let us know. I don't remember seeing anything about that in the book.

Agree with @Throat Yogurt ....most stuff in the book. The info going black/dark doesn't sound right. I'd try without Android Auto for a while and see. As far as the chime, not sure you can disable that. If you can, let us know. I don't remember seeing anything about that in the book.

Also agree with this. Learned to use the built-in navigation and other features so I don't need to rely on Android Auto. Android Auto does not seem to be playing nicely with my car.

Seat belt chime disable would be a nice-to-have, just curious.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back