Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Rear Splash/Rock Guard Installation on CT4 BW with Picture

Cadillac CT4-V model
I tried them and didn't like it b/c of that gap. I'm bringing my car to zl1addons this monday so they can get the ball rolling on fabricating some for the ct4 bw.
While there, you should see about having them measure out for a BW version of the lift pads... or at least verify if the Camaro ones may work.

Are you all worried about the minor flex these have damaging the paint if they move around?

I installed them today and noticed they flex just a bit when pushed, even after tightening all 3 bolts.

The gap at the top is not great but I think I'm going to 3d print some "plugs" for that, assuming there's no paint damage risk for the main flaps.

Are you all worried about the minor flex these have damaging the paint if they move around?

I installed them today and noticed they flex just a bit when pushed, even after tightening all 3 bolts.

The gap at the top is not great but I think I'm going to 3d print some "plugs" for that, assuming there's no paint damage risk for the main flaps.
It might and nothing the trusty buffer with some compound couldn’t fix.

For anyone on the fence about ordering The Original Carbon Guards for the CT4, here are some pictures. Install was a bit nerve wracking because of the double sided tape and how sticky it was once it was tacked, but I really like the overall look of them with both the front and rear installed. My only complaint is that the edges aren't really sealed, so they look matte and unfinished. However, normal people just looking at the car probably wouldn't even notice. I also included a picture of the black plastic fronts that came installed from the factory for comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_1778.JPG
    IMG_1778.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1779.JPG
    IMG_1779.JPG
    393.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1780.JPG
    IMG_1780.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1781.JPG
    IMG_1781.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 137
I tried them and didn't like it b/c of that gap. I'm bringing my car to zl1addons this monday so they can get the ball rolling on fabricating some for the ct4 bw.
Zl1addons has these for the ct4-v. Will they fit our 4BW?

Zl1addons has these for the ct4-v. Will they fit our 4BW?
Yes. The rear of the 4BW, with regard to the splash/rock guards, are identical to the 4V and regular 4.

Trying my hand at some custom flaps I modeled up and 3d printed. I've spent more time tweaking them than I'd like to admit, not sure if I'm happy with them yet. Suggestions?

Attachments

• P_20230204_093043.jpg
    P_20230204_093043.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
  • P_20230204_093032.jpg
    P_20230204_093032.jpg
    1,024 KB · Views: 108
  • P_20230204_093014.jpg
    P_20230204_093014.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 93
  • P_20230204_093023.jpg
    P_20230204_093023.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 109
  • 3d.JPG
    3d.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 107
Trying my hand at some custom flaps I modeled up and 3d printed. I've spent more time tweaking them than I'd like to admit, not sure if I'm happy with them yet. Suggestions?
I actually think those look pretty good!

I like them. Small enough that they fade away, but sized right to do the job. Nice work!

Looks very good. How do they compare to the OEM fronts? A good match would be key, ie texture and distance they go up the wheel well.

Looks very good. How do they compare to the OEM fronts? A good match would be key, ie texture and distance they go up the wheel well.
Thanks! I tried to match the style of the front guards, I think i was somewhat successful. Mine don't go as high as the fronts because I think the front ones go excessively high and I have print size limitations. Texture is a work in progress, I'm using smooth PLA now but will switch to ABS or ASA when I'm happy with them which should match the color and texture of the fronts more closely. The smooth glossy PLA I'm using now matches the black flashing on the bottom of the car though, that wasn't intentional but a nice surprise.

damn those look good! any chance I could get that .stl file? :)

Kinda hard to tell in the pics. Are these 2D or, 3D? I'm not a fan of the 2D ones like ZL1 Addons.

damn those look good! any chance I could get that .stl file? :)
Yeah I'd be willing to share the STL, but need to get it closer to a final state first though. Right now it's two pieces, one base adapter to bridge the space, then the flap part. Too much waste like that but easier to iterate prototypes.

Thanks! I tried to match the style of the front guards, I think i was somewhat successful. Mine don't go as high as the fronts because I think the front ones go excessively high and I have print size limitations. Texture is a work in progress, I'm using smooth PLA now but will switch to ABS or ASA when I'm happy with them which should match the color and texture of the fronts more closely. The smooth glossy PLA I'm using now matches the black flashing on the bottom of the car though, that wasn't intentional but a nice surprise.
Just noticed you're in Ft Worth , too. When you finish those tweaks lmk. I'll be your guinea pig!

Ok, been out of town a bit and finally have a final* design done.

*it's still not perfect, especially the openings/countersinks where the screws go. I imagine they will fill up with dirt. If anyone knows what type of screws those are maybe we can get longer ones, if so I can reduce the countersink a bit.

I printed it with PLA for now. PLA won't last in the elements, I'm going to watch to see how it does. If I still like them after a few months I'm going to try ASA or ABS, or maybe even send it to a fab shop to get it done in nylon. We'll see.

It attaches in 3 places, one of them being on the bottom.

STL attached for anyone wanting to try it out. Print it with the inwards facing surface on the bed. Let me know if there's any fitment issues. Where these screws get screwed has some play it seems.

Some pics:

2023-03-02 13.13.54.jpg
2023-03-02 13.14.01.jpg
2023-03-02 13.13.57.jpg
2023-03-02 13.13.48.jpg

(yes I did a terrible job cleaning my wheels.. was in a rush)
2023-03-02 13.16.06.jpg

2023-03-02 13.14.18.jpg
2023-03-02 13.13.18.jpg

Attachments

• LithossFlapsV01.zip
    169.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Ok, been out of town a bit and finally have a final* design done.

*it's still not perfect, especially the openings/countersinks where the screws go. I imagine they will fill up with dirt. If anyone knows what type of screws those are maybe we can get longer ones, if so I can reduce the countersink a bit.

I printed it with PLA for now. PLA won't last in the elements, I'm going to watch to see how it does. If I still like them after a few months I'm going to try ASA or ABS, or maybe even send it to a fab shop to get it done in nylon. We'll see.

It attaches in 3 places, one of them being on the bottom.

STL attached for anyone wanting to try it out. Print it with the inwards facing surface on the bed. Let me know if there's any fitment issues. Where these screws get screwed has some play it seems.

Some pics:

View attachment 17348View attachment 17349View attachment 17347View attachment 17354
(yes I did a terrible job cleaning my wheels.. was in a rush)
View attachment 17350

View attachment 17351View attachment 17352
Thank you, these look amazing! I think you got the curve on the outer edge perfect. Also thank you for having the near twin of my car so I can really picture how it would look.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back