Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rear Splash/Rock Guard Installation on CT5 BW

Since my rockers and the valance is gloss, Id like to find the gloss black if I could and try and stay similar. Or maybe paint to match? I actually like the guards on the car. Not much for the 5BW out there for this. Thanx for the lead.

For anyone on the fence about ordering The Original Carbon Guards for the CT4, here are some pictures. Install was a bit nerve wracking because of the double sided tape and how sticky it was once it was tacked, but I really like the overall look of them with both the front and rear installed. My only complaint is that the edges aren't really sealed, so they look matte and unfinished. However, normal people just looking at the car probably wouldn't even notice. I also included a picture of the black plastic fronts that came installed from the factory for comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_1778.JPG
    IMG_1778.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1779.JPG
    IMG_1779.JPG
    393.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1780.JPG
    IMG_1780.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1781.JPG
    IMG_1781.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 101
For anyone on the fence about ordering The Original Carbon Guards for the CT4, here are some pictures. Install was a bit nerve wracking because of the double sided tape and how sticky it was once it was tacked, but I really like the overall look of them with both the front and rear installed. My only complaint is that the edges aren't really sealed, so they look matte and unfinished. However, normal people just looking at the car probably wouldn't even notice. I also included a picture of the black plastic fronts that came installed from the factory for comparison.
Did not realize the OEM front wheel guard was so pronounced on the 4's. On my 5 just looks like edge trim.

Interested in these; the ones I bought from Amazon for $30 are annoying me as they seem to pocket snow instead of letting it slide off. Any close up images of how they are installed? Original hardware uses? Not sure how I feel about double sided tape holding up to Michigan snow/winters.

Christopher

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners