Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Rear Splash/Rock Guard Installation on CT4 BW with Picture

Cadillac CT4-V model

Soundman414

Seasoned Member
For those worried about rocks, especially in winter, rear splash/rock guards are great. Good news is, any rear splash/rock guards for a regular CT4 will work on the Blackwing... and the front already has it.

Link to product I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08834LGH7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Comes with the front and rear, not sure what to do about the fronts I dont need.

Installation: it's simple if you have the right tools, which I did and didn't. They are tiny T4 screws, three of them; two in the wheel well, 1 underside. The wheel well has almost no room, so you need tiny tools and or tiny hands to get the screws out... but I managed with my computer repair kit from iFixit and a small 4mm socket... the whole tiny 1/4 wrench wouldnt fit in there. Once you have the screws out, just hold the splash guard in place as you hand insert and tighten the screws back in. Repeat twice and boom done. They look good too!

Pic:
IMG_1012.jpg

For those worried about rocks, especially in winter, rear splash/rock guards are great. Good news is, any rear splash/rock guards for a regular CT4 will work on the Blackwing... and the front already has it.

Link to product I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08834LGH7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Comes with the front and rear, not sure what to do about the fronts I dont need.

Installation: it's simple if you have the right tools, which I did and didn't. They are tiny T4 screws, three of them; two in the wheel well, 1 underside. The wheel well has almost no room, so you need tiny tools and or tiny hands to get the screws out... but I managed with my computer repair kit from iFixit and a small 4mm socket... the whole tiny 1/4 wrench wouldnt fit in there. Once you have the screws out, just hold the splash guard in place as you hand insert and tighten the screws back in. Repeat twice and boom done. They look good too!

Pic:View attachment 9576
Sounds like an offset screw driver would have come in handy. https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-2944-Offset-Screwdriver-3-Piece/dp/B000NY8OQU

Interesting. And for 35 bucks! I'll have to see how much crap kicks up over the next few months a see.

Purchased this same set of rock/splash guards from Amazon. Cheap purchase. Installs easily with right ankle screwdriver so you don't have to take the wheel off. Looks good, hopefully functional. The fronts did not fit like OEM so I chose to keep the OEM front rock guards, with these Amazon rear rock guards.

Purchased this same set of rock/splash guards from Amazon. Cheap purchase. Installs easily with right ankle screwdriver so you don't have to take the wheel off. Looks good, hopefully functional. The fronts did not fit like OEM so I chose to keep the OEM front rock guards, with these Amazon rear rock guards.
The OEM fronts are as good as they get. I would never take those off

Rear splash guards holding up to Michigan winter's well, helps keep the rear lower bumper clean too. I purchased mine from Amazon, used the rear set only (front didn't fit anyway). Relatively inexpensive at $30-40, and easy install. I say go for it.

These look pretty good. When you compare the oem fronts to these rears are they close in terms of fit and texture of the plastic? Do the rears look like they could be oem? Looks like there is a bit of a gap between the guard and fender in that pic. Maybe just a shadow?

These look pretty good. When you compare the oem fronts to these rears are they close in terms of fit and texture of the plastic? Do the rears look like they could be oem? Looks like there is a bit of a gap between the guard and fender in that pic. Maybe just a shadow?
I tried them and didn't like it b/c of that gap. I'm bringing my car to zl1addons this monday so they can get the ball rolling on fabricating some for the ct4 bw.

I tried them and didn't like it b/c of that gap. I'm bringing my car to zl1addons this monday so they can get the ball rolling on fabricating some for the ct4 bw.
I'd be very interested if they come up with some rears that match the fronts. It is surprising GM didn't include guards front and rear. You'd think if for some reason only one pair was warranted it'd be the rear. But who am I? 😀

Have you guys seen the CF mudflaps discussed in this thread? A lot more expensive, but they do look nice.

They are these:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners