Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Questions, Nits, Acclaim, and Observations after 1,500 miles

This happens to all of them as well as the older Vsports, I found that if you have the turn signal on the direction you're going, it won't pull to correct.
“Lane Keep Assist (LKA) uses a forward-looking camera mounted behind the windshield in front of the inside rear-view mirror and works when the vehicle is in a Forward gear and driving from 37-112 mph (60-180 km/h).”

I’ve always wondered what would happen if a bug explodes in front of the camera or other dirt, snow or rain distorts the image the camera is capturing too. Also, if the windshield is ever replaced, the cameras have to be recalibrated. If it ever happens to me, and it can’t be reliably disabled I think I’d try to find a fuse to pull.

“Lane Keep Assist (LKA) uses a forward-looking camera mounted behind the windshield in front of the inside rear-view mirror and works when the vehicle is in a Forward gear and driving from 37-112 mph (60-180 km/h).”

I’ve always wondered what would happen if a bug explodes in front of the camera or other dirt, snow or rain distorts the image the camera is capturing too. Also, if the windshield is ever replaced, the cameras have to be recalibrated. If it ever happens to me, and it can’t be reliably disabled I think I’d try to find a fuse to pull.
Pretty sure it throws an error message and disables. I've had a couple of instances where I get a message something like "active safety services disabled". Is usually happens in the morning when you're driving in to the sun.

There is a button on the dash to disable the lane keep assist and it stays off between starts. I usually keep mine off unless I'm on a long unpopulated highway.

As long as you don't have to turn it off every time, it'll just stay off- probably one of several 'features' I'll be paying for whether I want to or not... They say my current car will park itself, and I assume that's true.

These safety features cause negative habit pattern training. In my SS, the flashing red lights in the HUD cause me to reflexively stomp on the gas, because my experience so far is that if I'm not already planning to brake, it just turned off my cruise and I need to get back up to speed 100% of the time it 'helps' me with my driving.

Well I have my first glitch. My oil life is at 80% but I keep getting a critical oil life please schedule oil change service. I think I may reset the oil life to see if it stops displaying every 2 minutes.

Are you getting the alert from the app?
No, not from the app. It displays at the bottom part of the screen where your xm radio selections show. Actually, the app shows everything is ok.

So far resetting the oil life back to 100% left stopped the critical oil life cycle warning from coming back on so I hope it doesn't happen every time it gets down to 80%.

I guess I am late to this party, but i just received my CT5 Blackwing. Initial observations:
1. car is really nice
2. all the different modes are confusing - there are modes you can dial with the console button, then there is PTM modes (different set of modes) and then also V mode. tricky to figure it all out
3. exhaust is too quiet. and not American-V8 enough for me
4. manual shifter has a nice feel to it
5. it is torture to ask someone who was waited 9 months for the car to then wait 1500 miles before taking the engine over 4500rpm. When driving it, it is just getting started. it requires inhuman level of patience

I guess I am late to this party, but i just received my CT5 Blackwing. Initial observations:
1. car is really nice
2. all the different modes are confusing - there are modes you can dial with the console button, then there is PTM modes (different set of modes) and then also V mode. tricky to figure it all out
5. it is torture to ask someone who was waited 9 months for the car to then wait 1500 miles before taking the engine over 4500rpm. When driving it, it is just getting started. it requires inhuman level of patience
Congrats on your new car,make sure you take advantage of the V Academy @ Spring Mountain, they will get you up to speed and informed about all the driving modes and adjustments. It’s always fun to drive a car that makes you laugh and giggle like a little kid, enjoy it in good heath.

1. car is really nice
500 miles for full engine RPM, 1,500 for competitive driving.

Driving modes:
Shortcut ways to set steering, suspension, exhaust and throttle modulation.

PTM is for track/competitive driving and only controls behavior of the eLSD.

If you think the exhaust is too quiet, you can lock it into track mode (fully open). It will scare small children in that mode. And your neighbors will learn to hate you.

‘V-mode’ is a shortcut for setting a custom mode with the press of a button. It’s not a mode itself.

track mode exhaust still isnt really loud enough for my taste. still very docile while in car. see my post in tech section. i'll be bringing out the hole saw soon...

I'm not sure if the 5 is the same as the 4 but the track setting for exhaust, setting 4 out of 4 just adds pumped in audio. The 3rd setting is the loudest it gets with no additional fake sounds.

I'm not sure if the 5 is the same as the 4 but the track setting for exhaust, setting 4 out of 4 just adds pumped in audio. The 3rd setting is the loudest it gets with no additional fake sounds.
👀

The 5BW does not pipe in any noise through the audio system.

Track mode ensures the exhaust valves stay fully open in all conditions.

The 5BW does not pipe in any noise through the audio system.

Track mode ensures the exhaust valves stay fully open in all conditions.
Are you sure about that? I recall at the the Sewell v club q&a this spring, Brandon Vivian told us these did have sound piped in and he said it as he was starting up the 5. But he made sure to tell me it’s actual sound from a microphone, not fake sound…

But he made sure to tell me it’s actual sound from a microphone, not fake sound…
On the 4BW, the sound is way too bass heavy. It may be a microphone but it's so over done it's obvious it's not straight exhaust.

can stability and traction be disabled and then saved? meaning, you dont have to disable eveytime?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back