Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Questions, Nits, Acclaim, and Observations after 1,500 miles

the electric steering feels a bit numb to me, even in race mode. same with brake pedal, which feels a bit artificial.
If you didn't know, it's brake by wire- ie, the brake resistance is via a load cell. Just like driving a racing sim video game.

If you watch the ICONS video...he very clearly explains it's all real noise in the CT5.

Also in the Throttle House review, they mention there is no piped in exhaust note and they found it a little subdued in the cabin with the windows up because...Caddy.
I was always confused why certain people said it was all real sound. It certainly sounds synthesized to me. I forgot which video I watched where they did confirm that the sounds do come in through the speakers because the sound isolation mutes it too much.

From what I read from a GM source interview, they have a microphone under the hood and pipe in YOUR motor BUT they removed some undesirable harmonics from the sound. So it's an altered version of your actual engine note I guess.

Lol oh man I know we were gona get some flack for that but it makes it faster and better and a lil sacrifice for performance to stand at gas station 5 min is not bad. However I know your an enthusiast and are driving it right so it says 150. When you put it in cruise for long trips you ll get 300 or more just dont cruise at 100 lol.

Here is my CT4 story. After track days 118 with full tank. But 11hr ride to VIR and only one fill up, hit high 400 per tank driving down there.
Love that you follow and contribute to the forum @Mirza Grebovic . Thank you.

High speed gas mileage, huh... hmmmmm....

@Mirza Grebovic Is there a maximum speed at which the cruise control won't activate? Asking for a friend... 😈
Great question, on supercruise there is I believe 85mph or so, dont quote me. On regular Cruise, good question I ll ask but based in my experiences I have not reached a limit lol.

A weird thing that I've only just noticed, and I haven't seen mentioned so far. Curious if others have seen this.

In the 5BW with 6MT, when traveling at around 40 MPH or so. Rev match OFF. If I push the clutch in, put it in neutral, let the engine fall to idle, and then put the stick in 3rd or 4th... the throttle blips?! Only if the engine is at idle. And only at certain speeds.

Last edited:
A weird thing that I've only just noticed, and I haven't seen mentioned so far. Curious if others have seen this.

In the 5BW with 6MT, when traveling at around 40 MPH or so. Rev match OFF. If I push the clutch in, put it in neutral, let the engine fall to idle, and then put the stick in 4th... the throttle blips?! Only when going to 4th. Only if the engine is at idle. And only at certain speeds.
Rev-match Is a little quirky sometimes at low speeds. Sometimes when I upshift at low speeds it’ll blip. That can be disconcerting.

even with rev match off, my 5BW does this as well - matches rpm when shifting from neutral to a higher gear while moving. also, when slowly shifting up, from 2nd to 3rd for example, the revs will match for the next gear and not drop back to idle even if you are slow and off the throttle. i assume all of this is part of the no-lift shift programming. i dont mind it, just takes a little getting used to

I'll get a random blip going down into 2nd at low speeds in my 4BW too. Even with Rev Matching off.

Definitely a 'nit' when compared to how great the rest of the car is, but yeah, appears its "normal operation."

🤷‍♂️

I'll get a random blip going down into 2nd at low speeds in my 4BW too. Even with Rev Matching off.

Definitely a 'nit' when compared to how great the rest of the car is, but yeah, appears its "normal operation."

🤷‍♂️
Possibly an anti stall measure, low revs with an up shift would drop revs further, putting the engine and trans out of wack and without sufficient torque

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back