Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Questions, Nits, Acclaim, and Observations after 1,500 miles

V mode is not max attack, its a custom mode that you set up. No mode changes engine power. Keep your car within the redline and your fine. Redline will move when warmed and yes its common knowledge dont go max without stretching or warming up, applies to cars too lol.

V mode is not max attack, its a custom mode that you set up. No mode changes engine power. Keep your car within the redline and your fine. Redline will move when warmed and yes its common knowledge dont go max without stretching or warming up, applies to cars too lol.
Thanks Mirza..yup common sense not to whale on it till everything is warmed up. My question was about shift points for the auto in V mode....I am assuming it does not shift higher in the rpm range?

V mode shift depends on what u set it, again custom mode that you select what you want it to be. Mine is max attack everything without ptm. Due to knob on wheel u can get in ptm easy no matter what. Yes the shifts and engine cal (throttle progression etc) change in max selection there thats more favourable and you get that very lovely fuel cut pop at max as well.

V mode shift depends on what u set it, again custom mode that you select what you want it to be. Mine is max attack everything without ptm. Due to knob on wheel u can get in ptm easy no matter what. Yes the shifts and engine cal (throttle progression etc) change in max selection there thats more favourable and you get that very lovely fuel cut pop at max as well.

But there’s not a way to set full TC/AH off in v mode is there? It seemed the most aggressive u could get is ptm2.

Hence I just leave it my mode and hold down the tc off button for 10 secs every time I get in the car.

You can set PTM5 in v mode thats no stability and very very minor TC so you can accelerate out a corner with max traction. You want all off hold TC no matter what mode for longer than 5-7sec. However if you do set PTM in V mode you will have to click V mode button twice. The first click goes V mode NO PTM, second click goes to PTM of your choice. It times out after 3 sec.

I have no ptm set since the ptm knob is on wheel and you get into it super easy so my V mode is no PTM one click and out.

Here’s a rather strange observation; this car seems to have the least rolling resistance, by leaps and bounds, of any car that I’ve ever driven. Has anyone else noticed this? @Mirza Grebovic , was anything special done in this regard?

I run V mode same way and no PTM since it's so easily accessible via the manettino switch.

Here’s a rather strange observation; this car seems to have the least rolling resistance, by leaps and bounds, of any car that I’ve ever driven. Has anyone else noticed this? @Mirza Grebovic , was anything special done in this regard?
Haven't noticed this one. Have a G05 BMW X5 and have noticed that in 'Eco' mode it will coast for an inexplicable distance on level road.
Speaking of that car, any chance you can give us Waze/Google Maps integration with the HUD GM?

Speaking of that car, any chance you can give us Waze/Google Maps integration with the HUD GM?
+1 on this. I really like how the native NAV integrates with the DIC and HUD. It would be great to have Waze/G-Maps be able to do the same.

I ran into something that I've experienced twice now. Without the lane keep assist enabled, driving in MyMode with Steering at mid setting, the car has twice started to pull to the left like it was trying to correct a lane departure. Both times were at freeway speed in very casual driving. But it pulled hard enough that it alarmed me. It felt like a flat tire on the driver side. After about 10-15 seconds and holding it straight, it let off. So I'll try to see if it happens more. I don't want to take it to the dealership yet because it will be a situation where it is near impossible to recreate and I don't want them just driving it to try to find it. Car has about 2100 miles for reference.

Has anyone else seen this?

I ran into something that I've experienced twice now. Without the lane keep assist enabled, driving in MyMode with Steering at mid setting, the car has twice started to pull to the left like it was trying to correct a lane departure. Both times were at freeway speed in very casual driving. But it pulled hard enough that it alarmed me. It felt like a flat tire on the driver side. After about 10-15 seconds and holding it straight, it let off. So I'll try to see if it happens more. I don't want to take it to the dealership yet because it will be a situation where it is near impossible to recreate and I don't want them just driving it to try to find it. Car has about 2100 miles for reference.

I've seen this with my Vsport and my BW5, its pretty common with all the ones with assist enabled. Even ths loaner cars I get from Cadillac all do it. Around my area I know where its going to happen and I ignore it. But on the freeway, it has actually help me a couple of times.

I am not sure I follow? Rolling resistance... obviously any resistance is loss of HP lol so yeah the brakes bearings tires etc all had requirments we wanted to meet and than obviously the cost down calibrations when off throttle so yeah lots was done but not sure it was looked as an issue on previous generations just something that is part of doing the job.

+1000 miles now and i have no complaints. I absolutely love my car. This thing is beautiful. Drives with precision and having 6 wonderful gears tied to the V8 can’t be beat. I still have a lot to figure out with the driving modes but that’s on me and my inexperience with all the choices. Going to be a long winter once it’s garaged. And I personally think the interior is not an issue.

So far, a bit over 500 miles mostly driving back from Phoenix late at night and between detailers in AZ and CA. Only sticky issue so far is the car failed the smog test this week when trying to register in CA due to the O2 sensor system not being ready. I would have thought 500 miles would be enough and the battery hasn't been disconnected but I'll dig into it more this weekend.

IMG_5396.PNG

So far, a bit over 500 miles mostly driving back from Phoenix late at night and between detailers in AZ and CA. Only sticky issue so far is the car failed the smog test this week when trying to register in CA due to the O2 sensor system not being ready. I would have thought 500 miles would be enough and the battery hasn't been disconnected but I'll dig into it more this weekend.
For anyone else that has bought their vehicle in another state and has to have an emissions test when registering: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10171875-9999.pdf

" When presenting a new vehicle for the California Smog Inspection or for a Smog Inspection in another State, some vehicles with less than 1,000 miles (1,609 km), may not report an Inspection/Maintenance System Check Monitor Complete Yes status as required to Pass the Smog Inspection. This may be caused by the engine control module (ECM) disabling some of the post catalyst oxygen sensor diagnostics until a preset catalyst break-in period (which varies by model and vehicle) has been completed. The post catalyst oxygen sensor diagnostics must report an Inspection/Maintenance System Yes (O2S/HO2S Monitor Complete — Yes) to the Smog Inspection test equipment, but cannot do so until after the preset calibrated catalyst break-in period has been completed."

"Customer Options to Resolve the Case of a New Vehicle Not Being Ready for the California Smog Inspection
When the vehicle is not ready for the Smog Inspection, the customer has a few options to resolve the situation as follows:
  1. Obtain a Temporary Operating Permit from the California Department of Motor Vehicles, which will allow the customer to drive the vehicle allowing in many cases for the problem to resolve itself.
  2. The customer can work with a GM Dealer to make sure the catalyst break-in period has completed and the O2S/HO2S Monitor Complete has been set to Yes, which could take 700–1000 miles of vehicle operation.
  3. In California, the customer can call 1-800-622-7733 to make an appointment with the California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) Referee Scheduling Center in order to get a waiver from the Oxygen Sensor Monitor Complete requirement."

Also noticed this while digging through TSBs:

#N212346870 - Service Update - Front Brake Rotors Improperly Installed
Certain 2022 model year Cadillac CT5 vehicles, equipped with carbon ceramic rotors (RPO J57), may have the front rotors installed on opposite sides.

Went to the Tail of the Dragon with a group of friends. Been going since 2009. Put over 1,100 miles on my CT4. I have to say, the A10 is one of the biggest differences between my ATS-V with the A8 and this car. Made a huge difference. Shifts are incredibly quick. Also, the Noises the exhaust makes at upshifts and when letting off throttle.....the pops and bangs. Fanfreakingtastic.

Only real complaint, I think I preferred the recaros in the ATS more than the top level seats in the CT4.

Screenshot_20211024-224953_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211023-002459_Chrome.jpg

I did... and it was the scariest moment I've had in the car. I was merging onto a freeway ramp on the left side and I was ripped left out of nowhere and darn near pulled into a wall.

My wife was behind me in her vehicle and said she thought I was effing around... until I called her shook.

Took me awhile to trust it again... but I haven't honestly pushed it since.

that's terrifying, you guys definitely need to report this to your dealerships so it's figured out!

I did... and it was the scariest moment I've had in the car. I was merging onto a freeway ramp on the left side and I was ripped left out of nowhere and darn near pulled into a wall.

My wife was behind me in her vehicle and said she thought I was effing around... until I called her shook.

Took me awhile to trust it again... but I haven't honestly pushed it since.
This happens to all of them as well as the older Vsports, I found that if you have the turn signal on the direction you're going, it won't pull to correct.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back