Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Questions, Nits, Acclaim, and Observations after 1,500 miles

If you are using or toggle to My Mode at shut down, it will start up in My Mode. Maximize settings so you can get the joy of a cold start bark in the morning :)

One addition to the acclaim list: love the attention to detail - the noise you hear upon releasing the parking brake (window down in a garage) is pretty cool!

One addition to the acclaim list: love the attention to detail - the noise you hear upon releasing the parking brake (window down in a garage) is pretty cool!
Sometimes I'll shift gears while in the garage just to hear the thunking of the transmission, so satisfying!

Correct. If you turn the car off in "My Mode" it restarts in "My Mode"

If you turn the car off in V Mode, it defaults back to Tour mode when you restart the car.

The best way I've found to toggle between the two is if you go into V Mode, use the "Mode Up" button next to the shifter to get back to "My Mode.

The configuration I'm using currently is to have "My Mode" set full-soft on all the settings for coming and going out of the neighborhood quietly, but then when I want the car a little more lively, I hit the V Mode button to enjoy it and when I'm done, one push of the "Mode Up" button takes you right back to My Mode and its quiet again.

For those that want it more raucous, if you adjust your "My Mode" settings to be louder or stiffer to suit your taste and just leave it in "My Mode" it'll stay that way when you start the car each time.

Does that help?

Also, just because I don't feel like I typed it enough: modemodemodemodemodemodemodemodemode...

Correct. If you turn the car off in "My Mode" it restarts in "My Mode"

If you turn the car off in V Mode, it defaults back to Tour mode when you restart the car.

The best way I've found to toggle between the two is if you go into V Mode, use the "Mode Up" button next to the shifter to get back to "My Mode.

The configuration I'm using currently is to have "My Mode" set full-soft on all the settings for coming and going out of the neighborhood quietly, but then when I want the car a little more lively, I hit the V Mode button to enjoy it and when I'm done, one push of the "Mode Up" button takes you right back to My Mode and its quiet again.

For those that want it more raucous, if you adjust your "My Mode" settings to be louder or stiffer to suit your taste and just leave it in "My Mode" it'll stay that way when you start the car each time.

Does that help?

Also, just because I don't feel like I typed it enough: modemodemodemodemodemodemodemodemode...
That helps a lot. Thanks!

Does toggling the modes with the car "on" but not running work? Specifically, if you shut the car off with the exhaust loud, can you toggle it to the quietest mode before hitting the starter?

Yes, usually. Sometime when I'm in accessory mode, the drive mode button doesn't respond but if it does, you can toggle to 'tour' before startup.

I've been going crazy looking for a car cover for the ct5 BW and all I come up with universal car covers. Wished Cadillac would come up with one. I've thought about trying a 2019 cts-v cover but I don't want to be stuck with something I cant use if it doesn't work.

I've been going crazy looking for a car cover for the ct5 BW and all I come up with universal car covers. Wished Cadillac would come up with one. I've thought about trying a 2019 cts-v cover but I don't want to be stuck with something I cant use if it doesn't work.
You parking inside or out? If inside,.take a look at the car capsule

Coversfactory.com They have for bw

This is what I use and its more of a dust cover but I love it..

Attachments

• IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 91
Be careful with car covers. If you store it in an area that has high airflow, it's very common for dust to get trapped between the cover and the paint. You'll then see hundreds of tiny 1"-2" straight line scratches.

I used to be all about covers and was schooled by Dylan von Kleist (used to be at Adams Polishes, now VP at Rupes).

Be careful with car covers. If you store it in an area that has high airflow, it's very common for dust to get trapped between the cover and the paint. You'll then see hundreds of tiny 1"-2" straight line scratches.

I used to be all about covers and was schooled by Dylan von Kleist (used to be at Adams Polishes, now VP at Rupes).
Ceramic takes care of any of that

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners