Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding Bayed / Shipping

Looks like I've moved to "Paired" and headed to New Boston this morning.

1629116535634.png

View attachment 4105my EDD was yesterday, but looks like they had to send my car back to Michigan, and got it there over the weekend! No way this is right lol.
#GoatRodeo continues... I just chatted with them and they're saying my car is bayed in Spencer, MA (the East Brookfield railyard straddled the town line) with no known ETA. It's been there since the middle of last week. It's frustrating knowing it's like 99% of the way home, but just sitting around waiting for a truck, though it's probably tough to justify local car transport when there's barely any cars to ship. When I was in doing the paperwork over the weekend, the lot was half empty, and they had empty spaces on the showroom floor. Still, I'm not sure when responsibility for the cars flips from manufacturer to dealer with GM, but you'd think they'd be a little more motivated to get these things out of rail yards and onto dealer lots.

View attachment 4105my EDD was yesterday, but looks like they had to send my car back to Michigan, and got it there over the weekend! No way this is right
#GoatRodeo continues... I just chatted with them and they're saying my car is bayed in Spencer, MA (the East Brookfield railyard straddled the town line) with no known ETA. It's been there since the middle of last week. It's frustrating knowing it's like 99% of the way home, but just sitting around waiting for a truck, though it's probably tough to justify local car transport when there's barely any cars to ship. When I was in doing the paperwork over the weekend, the lot was half empty, and they had empty spaces on the showroom floor. Still, I'm not sure when responsibility for the cars flips from manufacturer to dealer with GM, but you'd think they'd be a little more motivated to get these things out of rail yards and onto dealer lots.
Maybe theyll ship mine there and @Ungwei asap and fill that truck. I have no date and I’m expecting it to sit idle for weeks due to low counts.

Screenshot_20210816-111605_Samsung Internet.jpg

I dont get it, how can it be based at Lansing, but they don't know it's current location?? Here's to hoping it's on it's way on the truck from the train station to the dealership, it was 4800 so there's no way it's at worst just sitting waiting for the final pickup nearby.

View attachment 4106
I dont get it, how can it be based at Lansing, but they don't know it's current location?? Here's to hoping it's on it's way on the truck from the train station to the dealership, it was 4800 so there's no way it's at worst just sitting waiting for the final pickup nearby.
Did Megan get demoted? :ROFLMAO:

Yes we are!

Looks like I'm catching up to you, @jwolf99
Well, at least our cars can keep one another company while sitting in the the New Boston railyard continuing to work on their suntans. 😎

Well, at least our cars can keep one another company while sitting in the the New Boston railyard continuing to work on their suntans. 😎
I wonder how long our cars will be sitting in the rail yards getting tans.

How long was typical quality control delay? Dealer today told me that’s where mine is? At 3800 event code. Or does he have this wrong.

How long was typical quality control delay? Dealer today told me that’s where mine is? At 3800 event code. Or does he have this wrong.
It only took my car 2.5 weeks until it updated which is when it was dropped off at the rail yard on the 5th, the car has sat in the rail yard since then, so there's no way to know how long or when you'd get the car after built. There are some that were built on the 5th that still have yet to reach their buyers.

It only took my car 2.5 weeks until it updated which is when it was dropped off at the rail yard on the 5th, the car has sat in the rail yard since then, so there's no way to know how long or when you'd get the car after built. There are some that were built on the 5th that still have yet to reach their buyers.
Thank you

eric:
Order tracker shows your vehicle at 4300 status with an EDD of 8/24; mine goes to N. Cal and has an EDD of 8/27....three days later than I could drive in 6 hours!!

eric:
Order tracker shows your vehicle at 4300 status with an EDD of 8/24; mine goes to N. Cal and has an EDD of 8/27....three days later than I could drive in 6 hours!!
Well, my vehicle is still in Toledo, I originally had EDD of 8/11 then it was moved to 8/14, and then was pushed to 8/24. Based on the pattern I expect my EDD to be pushed again tomorrow to 9/3 since the car is still in Toledo. Oh, I've been 4300 since the 5th.

Still no movement on my car... It's a coin toss, but I almost feel like it's worse to have it trapped at the destination railyard than back in New Boston or Toledo since, in theory, it already did the hard part of the trip--you wouldn't think getting it on a truck for the last few miles would be so damn hard. The dealer figured out the deposit, but now tells me that it doesn't qualify for BuyPower rewards redemption. I called the BuyPower customer support line and they told me that the dealer is wrong, all new GM products are qualified. Wish me luck...

Still no movement on my car... It's a coin toss, but I almost feel like it's worse to have it trapped at the destination railyard than back in New Boston or Toledo since, in theory, it already did the hard part of the trip--you wouldn't think getting it on a truck for the last few miles would be so damn hard. The dealer figured out the deposit, but now tells me that it doesn't qualify for BuyPower rewards redemption. I called the BuyPower customer support line and they told me that the dealer is wrong, all new GM products are qualified. Wish me luck...
Welcome to our world of car sitting and waiting for something to happen.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back