Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding Bayed / Shipping

I have a strange feeling our cars are not where Jack Coopers site says. I thought Rob said your car was delivered and that's why it's not listed ?? Did you call your dealer ??
I did call the dealer they said its still in Lansing , I've already traded my CTSV 3 in and paid the difference , just waiting .

I thought your car was picked up by a Roush transport truck .
LOL, I think they may have delivered it to the Lansing CN Yard and that's it. So far it shows my car with Burn813 parked and sitting. The dealer says it still shows Roush but that's it.

I have a strange feeling our cars are not where Jack Coopers site says. I thought Rob said your car was delivered and that's why it's not listed ?? Did you call your dealer ??
I think all the cars on trip # 0721218004 are still stranded .

@poor-sha There's another thread about how to track the train's particular rail car that has our cars in them, but I don't think you can do it until the car is actually loaded onto the rail car.

Not sure how long it'll be before it gets on the train, but I'm pretty sure mine is right there with yours.
Here's the rail tracking thread

But it's only useful if you're actually able to get the railcar number that your car is on. A couple of people seem to have been able to get that out of the Cadillac Virtual Assistant, but most of us have been unsuccessful in that where the assistant says they don't have that info and refers us to our dealers. YMMV.

762dc0eb5c4299598d16d538dd466ffb342e49d5-1.jpg

The fun place. Apparently @Rob the systems are not sync my status based on this is 4B00 since the 5th not 4300.

View attachment 4156

The fun place. Apparently @Rob the systems are not sync my status based on this is 4B00 since the 5th not 4300.
Yes, but you have to understand that other than GM's Global Connect system, I can't see other dealers' orders with that level of accuracy as each dealer can. I can only see what's in the Order Workbench system, and where links are present to drill down, do not exist for me because I don't work for all Cadillac dealers.

Yes, but you have to understand that other than GM's Global Connect system, I can't see other dealers' orders with that level of accuracy as each dealer can. I can only see what's in the Order Workbench system, and where links are present to drill down, do not exist for me because I don't work for all Cadillac dealers.
Oh, got it, so GM system after it exits the plant isn't accurate but dealers systems likely are.

Oh, got it, so GM system after it exits the plant isn't accurate but dealers systems likely are.
I can't vouch for the level of accuracy. I can tell you that different screens will provide different information. Which is more accurate, I cannot say. In a previous post, I did mention that both GM's VINView and Jack Coopers tracking systems both suck and at times, are notoriously inaccurate.

I wonder how long it sits at the rail yard before being put on a rail car?

Logistics companies typically have delivery time as an internal performance metric, so I would think they're incentivized to load them on cars and get them out quickly. Plus, the longer it's in their possession, the more liability exposure they have.

I wonder how long it sits at the rail yard before being put on a rail car?

Logistics companies typically have delivery time as an internal performance metric, so I would think they're incentivized to load them on cars and get them out quickly. Plus, the longer it's in their possession, the more liability exposure they have.
Well it depends… some it seems like less than 24 hours… others (me, @Akamai58) they have become part of the yard

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back