Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA: I have car OCD.

The CT5V-BW/6 is my 65th car. I think it's 65, it could be 67, who can remember? And we're not counting the motorcycles.

When I told the wife I was buying it, she said, "I give it 9 months". A friend says 10. A coworker doesn't expect it to last the year. They've started a pool.

I intend to prove them all wrong.

There are many cars that I've owned that I wish I still had, either because I didn't know how good they were when I had them, or because they were just special and nothing available today comes close to the character that they had. The 1990 Porsche 911 (964) is at the top of that list, but unfortunately at the time I was what we refer to as "between jobs" and owning a Porsche didn't seem to be financially wise. Long story.

Of course, I said that with my last car, the BMW G82 M4/6, that it was a keeper too, but the BW came along that that was just too much money sitting in the garage for me to keep both. I have no regrets though, and I think the BW is better than the M4 in nearly every way, even with the $25K premium.

I'm sure I'm not alone. I think it helps to hear that others suffer from the same ailment, especially if anyone has coping strategies that they can share.
I know exactly of what you speak! I believe I once tried to list every new car I had purchased in the last 40 years, but I kept forgetting (or being reminded by my wife!) of a bunch that I forgot. It's actually relatively common among Boomer males.

I'm keeping all my window stickers so when I turn 70 I don't have to remember but in actuality I will most definitely remember.

I feel the pain and the joy some of you are referring to here. There’s more than these and I’m currently 39. There’s a story behind every one of those. Hope I can do the right thing and keep my 5BW for a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_9427.jpeg
    IMG_9427.jpeg
    539 KB · Views: 48

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace