Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Potential BW4 Owner

emdough

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V BW MT
Hey all. Have been trying to decide on a new vehicle for what seems like an eternity and finally settled on the CT4 V MT. Haven't found the exact spec I want so thinking about placing an order, but now that the refresh for the CT5 was announced, wondering if there will be an updated version of the CT4 BW. Don't want to miss out on a special car but also would be great to get the latest infotainment and whatever other improvements come along. Thoughts?

Hey all. Have been trying to decide on a new vehicle for what seems like an eternity and finally settled on the CT4 V MT. Haven't found the exact spec I want so thinking about placing an order, but now that the refresh for the CT5 was announced, wondering if there will be an updated version of the CT4 BW. Don't want to miss out on a special car but also would be great to get the latest infotainment and whatever other improvements come along. Thoughts?

A 4BW Refresh is unlikely. The 5 is only likely to get one because GM happened to be updating the lower trim anyway.

That said, if you're not in a rush could wait it out for a few month to see what announcements come.

Lastly, not sure what you're coming from, but the 4BW in manual is a phenomenal car. The interior niceties are good enough for 95% of people even though they don't match the German standard. But the car is quick and/or refined when you want it. It's practical inside, no features hidden in menus. It's all knobs and buttons. Love it

The CT4 BW is a nice car. Some dealers will ask for MSRP + 5000. If that happens, find another dealer. Sewell Cadillac of Dallas TX does not add to MSRP. Good luck.

A 4BW Refresh is unlikely. The 5 is only likely to get one because GM happened to be updating the lower trim anyway.

That said, if you're not in a rush could wait it out for a few month to see what announcements come.

Lastly, not sure what you're coming from, but the 4BW in manual is a phenomenal car. The interior niceties are good enough for 95% of people even though they don't match the German standard. But the car is quick and/or refined when you want it. It's practical inside, no features hidden in menus. It's all knobs and buttons. Love it
Currently driving a manual MK7 GTI, but wanted to branch out and try RWD. I did get a chance to test drive the auto version so can only imagine how great the MT is. The market seems to be flooded with BWs right now but haven't found one in the spec I like. Also don't want to pay for extras I don't need. Will probably order one at MSRP if I decide to move forward with a 23 model year. Only thing I haven't decided on is the color.

Oh you'll love it then. I'm a big mk6-8 fan. Driven one of each in manual and as awesome as they are RWD, the bigger motor and extra turbo go a long way. If your experience is predominantly FWD I think the 4 puts you in a good place to be introduced to RWD performance. Vice the one guy who got a 5BW and cried because he couldn't control his burnouts or drifts 😅

Best color is Rift on Tech Bronze 😎 but really, they are all gorgeous. Each color should have a page on here! Best of luck!
20230328_172121.jpg
20230306_074516.jpg

Currently driving a manual MK7 GTI, but wanted to branch out and try RWD. I did get a chance to test drive the auto version so can only imagine how great the MT is. The market seems to be flooded with BWs right now but haven't found one in the spec I like. Also don't want to pay for extras I don't need. Will probably order one at MSRP if I decide to move forward with a 23 model year. Only thing I haven't decided on is the color.
You want a Watkins Glen full spec @ MSRP? You get what you get for color so....

Do not pay over MSRP. I don't know where you are, but Sewell Cadillac (Dallas) does not charge over MSRP.

You want a Watkins Glen full spec @ MSRP? You get what you get for color so....
Not going to compromise for that kind of money. Lots of stock for now and don’t see much movement so prices may start coming down too.

I also used to have a Mk7 GTI, what a great car. In terms of steering feel and overall ergonomics it has a lot in common with the Blackwing. I had a Genesis G70 6MT in between the two. I thought that the G70 was everything I wanted in a RWD car until I drove the Blackwing.

Just wait until you find the exact spec you want, because you are going to want to own this car for a long, long time. (y)

Some options that I didn't think I would like but now that I have them I am glad: PDR, Sunroof, and the Sky Cool Grey seats. Also the black wheels hide brake dust pretty well, which is good because the brakes make a LOT of dust. IMO the bronze wheels look awesome when clean but not so much when dirty.

I also used to have a Mk7 GTI, what a great car. In terms of steering feel and overall ergonomics it has a lot in common with the Blackwing. I had a Genesis G70 6MT in between the two. I thought that the G70 was everything I wanted in a RWD car until I drove the Blackwing.

Just wait until you find the exact spec you want, because you are going to want to own this car for a long, long time. (y)

Some options that I didn't think I would like but now that I have them I am glad: PDR, Sunroof, and the Sky Cool Grey seats. Also the black wheels hide brake dust pretty well, which is good because the brakes make a LOT of dust. IMO the bronze wheels look awesome when clean but not so much when dirty.
You don’t miss the light weight of the GTI?

I also had a Mk 7 GTI, and I traded in a 2020 Jetta GLI when I bought the BW. They are fun little cars to drive, no doubt about it... great commuter cars and they perform well against their competitors. But there is significant turbo lag, they run out of steam quickly once you get above legal highway speeds, and they plow like crazy in turns. They make you smile, but no grins or giggles IMO.

There is no comparison between them and BW.. completely different animals.

Sandman and Yogurt are entirely correct. I went from a MK7 GTI into my 4BW. The VWs are fun commuter/drivers that definitely run out of steam and understeer. Sure you can tune them and add suspension improvements but then you need better brakes and tires. Problem is, now you’re leaving commuter/driver utility, reliability, and comfort behind. The BW solves all of these issues and then some.

The only advantages the lighter weight VWs have are mpg and ability to park in smaller spots.

I really liked my GTI and it served its purpose as an economical, somewhat fun, daily driver that was perfect for my kids to learn to drive a manual in it. Yogurt said it, the BW is magic compared to the GTI. I would agree and add, it’s magic compared to the vast majority of cars available today.

@Throat Yogurt ,@The Sandman @Kanetch

Love hearing all this. Been strongly considering a mk7 or mk8 (no buttons eww I know) as a secondary for long trips or commuting occasionally. They are just so pretty and fun little cars. Thrash on them and still get 24 mpg

Sandman and Yogurt are entirely correct. I went from a MK7 GTI into my 4BW. The VWs are fun commuter/drivers that definitely run out of steam and understeer. Sure you can tune them and add suspension improvements but then you need better brakes and tires. Problem is, now you’re leaving commuter/driver utility, reliability, and comfort behind. The BW solves all of these issues and then some.

The only advantages the lighter weight VWs have are mpg and ability to park in smaller spots.

I really liked my GTI and it served its purpose as an economical, somewhat fun, daily driver that was perfect for my kids to learn to drive a manual in it. Yogurt said it, the BW is magic compared to the GTI. I would agree and add, it’s magic compared to the vast majority of cars available today.
Definitely see the upside to RWD, world class chassis, and power. I was thinking you would lose the nimble and chuckable nature of a compact light weight car. Plus you get to beat it up and push it to the limit on the street....although it does get a bit unsettled and falls apart near near the limit. I will likely keep the GTI since it's been so reliable and wouldn't get my money's worth selling it.

Definitely see the upside to RWD, world class chassis, and power. I was thinking you would lose the nimble and chuckable nature of a compact light weight car. Plus you get to beat it up and push it to the limit on the street....although it does get a bit unsettled and falls apart near near the limit. I will likely keep the GTI since it's been so reliable and wouldn't get my money's worth selling it.
I kept my GTI, the little thing is very enjoyable to drive, especially with a manual. It satiates my hunger to mod. But like others have said, the 4BW is just so much better in every way. It's really no competition when it comes to handling and driving dynamics vs the GTI.

@Throat Yogurt ,@The Sandman @Kanetch

Love hearing all this. Been strongly considering a mk7 or mk8 (no buttons eww I know) as a secondary for long trips or commuting occasionally. They are just so pretty and fun little cars. Thrash on them and still get 24 mpg
Mine's a 2019, so a MK7.5, and my recommendation is to get a 7.5 (MY 2018-2021). I think the facelift looks better, and you can more easily find models with better options since they added more to the base models as the years went on. Plus most of the issues have been ironed out. And physical buttons. Can confirm the gas mileage is really good. I will consistently average 25 on backroads even when having fun and can get around 35 doing 70 on the highway, and that's with PA hills.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back