Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Porting Supercharger and TB...

MatthewAMEL

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 BW5 M6
Has anyone taken advantage of this available mod yet? I know @tapouttuning offers the package. I have seen one post from someone who went 'all in' on the mods, but I am just interested in the TB and SC. Codes? Any abnormal behaviors?

I currently live in Orlando, but soon moving to Denver and I know I will miss all of my horses. Would like to use this as a way to recover some of the lost power.

Thanks!

Hey, @WONT TAP

Anyone running the intake side (TB/SC) with no codes?
We worked with Alek from Illinois to boost his car up over 700 whp. Even with all existing mods, he hasn't set ANY codes or Check Engine light with nearly 2,000 miles!

These mods are on my want list, but anyone else a little hesitant until they gain some confidence that their LT4 was built properly?

These mods are on my want list, but anyone else a little hesitant until they gain some confidence that their LT4 was built properly?
I have a similar concern that is slightly allayed by knowing the dealer will have no way to know the SC has been ported and it's a quick swap to change out the TB if necessary for service.

I have a similar concern that is slightly allayed by knowing the dealer will have no way to know the SC has been ported and it's a quick swap to change out the TB if necessary for service.
I'm thinking that there is way more work involved. Once SC housing ported there is no going back if you also went with larger TB

If you are already porting the supercharger you might as well get a smaller pulley, the labor is already done.

But as mentioned, 2000 miles later full mods, no cats, no check engine

I'm thinking that there is way more work involved. Once SC housing ported there is no going back if you also went with larger TB
Im guessing your 6M becomes a 5M at that point? Both mods? Rip the shoes off it!

Can anybody attest to boost level on 5 being affected by all these mods? Does it allow making extra power at observed lower boost with freer breathing or does it still reach 8-9 lbs of boost with upgrades

If you are already porting the supercharger you might as well get a smaller pulley, the labor is already done.

But as mentioned, 2000 miles later full mods, no cats, no check engine
Is this correct? No cats no CEL? I would love to remove the cats just for the sound difference alone!

Is this correct? No cats no CEL? I would love to remove the cats just for the sound difference alone!
Car has 2200 miles. No cats. No CEL, all monitors are set too, no idea what’s going on, I own a shop as one of my businesses and getting a GM to not throw a CEL with any sort of exhaust issue is incredibly demanding, and yet here is my blackwing, no cats, smaller pulley, ported SC, bigger throttle body, running smoothly.

Car has 2200 miles. No cats. No CEL, all monitors are set too, no idea what’s going on, I own a shop as one of my businesses and getting a GM to not throw a CEL with any sort of exhaust issue is incredibly demanding, and yet here is my blackwing, no cats, smaller pulley, ported SC, bigger throttle body, running smoothly.

Have you had a chance to get any more dragy runs in?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back