Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pics of your Blackwing in regular parking spots

IMG_1837.jpeg

In Santa Paula, trying to get my car registered. I passed smog today with 410 miles on the clock

Friday light at work, so I got a better space than usual. And we've even got Old Glory there in the background, even here in northern California.

View attachment 23073

There's a story about that flag. When our multi-billion dollar corporation (you can see the brand name back there too) built this $200 million medical building in 2014, they didn't include a flagpole. One of our clinic volunteers, a Korea-era US Army veteran raised the money himself to have the flagpole installed.
Great story and photo!

Is that a matte wrap over Satin Metallic? Have you posted pictures of it anywhere else in the forum? I'd love to see a few more.

Great story and photo!

Is that a matte wrap over Satin Metallic? Have you posted pictures of it anywhere else in the forum? I'd love to see a few more.
Thank you!

It's Maverick Noir Frost (Sebring IMSA Edition) with XPEL Stealth PPF. Here's one more (in a regular parking spot: my driveway! Don't want to violate the thread intentions!) and I'm going to post a closeup in the Maverick Noir Frost thread showing the (minimal) effect of the PPF in a place where people who are looking might find it.

20231209_090726.jpg

(I know! I need to get out and knock the rust off the rotors!)

View attachment 23076
In Santa Paula, trying to get my car registered. I passed smog today with 410 miles on the clock
Please enlighten my stupid self as to what Liberal dumb brained state do you live in as to why your doing a smog test @ 410 mi? I know I can't wait for the stupid Liberal justification as to why. Just can't wait for this!

Im gonna take a very wild guess here, CA ?

Please enlighten my stupid self as to what Liberal dumb brained state do you live in as to why your doing a smog test @ 410 mi? I know I can't wait for the stupid Liberal justification as to why. Just can't wait for this!
Any car on the east coast if it’s a used car has to pass the emissions test, regardless of the miles. So if it’s been titled to anyone besides GM, it’s a used car. My car was an executive factory car, never titled to anyone but GM and I got it with 3k miles. When I went to the DC inspection they plugged in the VIN and gave me a copy of the certificate of origin, and I did not have to do the check. Not everything is political, now go shoot up some bud light cans and feel better about yourself.

Any car on the east coast if it’s a used car has to pass the emissions test, regardless of the miles. So if it’s been titled to anyone besides GM, it’s a used car. My car was an executive factory car, never titled to anyone but GM and I got it with 3k miles. When I went to the DC inspection they plugged in the VIN and gave me a copy of the certificate of origin, and I did not have to do the check. Not everything is political, now go shoot up some bud light cans and feel better about yourself.
Ok, meanwhile 3/4 of the world spews massive amounts of pollution and your smog testing theoretically a new vehicle which is clearly engineered to pass ANY relevant emissions test? Your right man I must be a beer drinking Bud light homophobe? You got me man, you got me!

Honestly, I am even more appalled at the detailed explanation on the testing which I appreciate you doing. Now knowing that it's even more galling to know and unfortunately it's 100% political pull your head out man?

Extra credit for parking in gravel, making this an extra regular parking spot. It was a tight spots on pavement or remote parking spot fitness regimen. I don't think the gravel caused any permanent damage, but I will remove each wheel and pick out the gravel bits that got into the tread. 😬

20231209_150956.jpg

In California, in my limited experience, cars less than 4 years old but sold as used only have a smog fee applied to them. The laws here crack me up. I pay some minimal fee to get out of any testing for 8 years. In that time, I could be running full catless and whatever else is bad, but never have to true up for 8 years. I'm unfortunately old enough to remember when Silicon Valley, known as San Jose at the time, had a permanent yellow haze.

I bought my 5BW brand new from Sewell, had it shipped to Silicon Valley, and had to smog it before I could get my permanent registration. Completely stupid and a waste of resources.

I bought my 5BW brand new from Sewell, had it shipped to Silicon Valley, and had to smog it before I could get my permanent registration. Completely stupid and a waste of resources.
Yeah? I am told that I drink Bud Light and it's not political....go figure?

It's just another example of an antiquated DMV rule and it so happens to generate revenue for the state and small business automotive repair shops.

I think everyone can agree that nobody likes dealing with the DMV no matter what part of the country were from. I'm just happy I got it to pass quickly. Others on this forum have had a rough time "Importing" their car into Candicornia, that's the reason I mentioned it. I posted a photo of my new BW and I'm excited about it, it's not about politics.

that's not entirely true, at least here in CT. all cars are exempt from emissions testing first two years whether you bought it new or used. but yea then after every 2 years till its 25 years old you're getting emissions test done but its nowhere near as onerous as I hear people in CA have to put up with. they basically just scan for obd fault codes and maybe do a visual inspection for cats (i've seen them do that maybe half the time)

Ok, meanwhile 3/4 of the world spews massive amounts of pollution and your smog testing theoretically a new vehicle which is clearly engineered to pass ANY relevant emissions test? Your right man I must be a beer drinking Bud light homophobe? You got me man, you got me!

Honestly, I am even more appalled at the detailed explanation on the testing which I appreciate you doing. Now knowing that it's even more galling to know and unfortunately it's 100% political pull your head out man?
Dude, sit on a block of ice and chill out. You obviously were not around in the days before emissions controls, when most of the country was choking in pollution and cities were really bad, not to mention our water was so polluted that rivers caught on fire and burned for days. Plus you dipshit I never said one had to test a new car for emissions, I just said that due to MY CAR being used I thought it required it even at 3K miles BUT that it turned out it was NOT needed. Go to Bejing or perhaps Bombay where they don’t really control emissions and take a big breath. It’s nasty.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back