Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pics of your Blackwing in regular parking spots

That sucks looks like they drilled for front plate mount. I specified do not mount, just throw kit in trunk, I'll take my chances.

it's not a Blackwing.

My sales guys told me that they never mount them on Blackwings unless the customer specifically asks for it. This is Sewell - Houston.

I would rather give law enforcement one less thing to find wrong and move on regarding front license plates. I got tired of tickets with my 16' Z06 and didn't want to risk it anymore. The Sheriff Deputies around my area love to catch you with no front plate and it's worse out on 130 by Austin with the Highway Patrol when I go out that way to visit family.

I would rather give law enforcement one less thing to find wrong and move on regarding front license plates. I got tired of tickets with my 16' Z06 and didn't want to risk it anymore. The Sheriff Deputies around my area love to catch you with no front plate and it's worse out on 130 by Austin with the Highway Patrol when I go out that way to visit family.

On the contrary, I’d rather risk a ticket than mess with perfection:
808CA066-61C3-41A8-895A-111D38CCC43D.jpeg

On the contrary, I’d rather risk a ticket than mess with perfection:
View attachment 16295
It's not the ticket for me, it's the time.

If they would mail me the violation a couple times a year, I'd simply pay it.

Sitting on the side of the road for 20 mins every time somebody needs to flex their authority to enforce a stupid rule would drive me absolutely insane.

So I run the plate.

It's not the ticket for me, it's the time.

If they would mail me the violation a couple times a year, I'd simply pay it.

Sitting on the side of the road for 20 mins every time somebody needs to flex their authority to enforce a stupid rule would drive me absolutely insane.

So I run the plate.

That’s fair, I just wanted to show off how good the front of my car looks :LOL: And in all serious if I started getting pulled over on a regular basis I’d begrudgingly throw a plate on there

@KatyTxCT5V must be riding dirty! 😉 😂
Maybe 🙄 … I’ve been known to stop and grab an adult beverage on the way home. I absolutely won’t overdo consumption is my firm rule. I don’t want to increase my chance on getting stopped and dealing with all of those tests…

That’s fair, I just wanted to show off how good the front of my car looks :LOL: And in all serious if I started getting pulled over on a regular basis I’d begrudgingly throw a plate on there
Seth, that was happening to me living in the same area now for 13 yrs, the same local law enforcement decided to ratchet my ticket to the max of $200 to teach me a lesson. I make plenty of money, but after a while, I realized it was better spent for other habits 😂 some people have better luck than me. Also, our State Troopers can be a royal pain about it sometimes.

Never said I like to have it displayed, but also agree with Matt27, rather keep moving along than other stop.

Maybe 🙄 … I’ve been known to stop and grab an adult beverage on the way home. I absolutely won’t overdo consumption is my firm rule. I don’t want to increase my chance on getting stopped and dealing with all of those tests…
Truth, it’s an automatic probable cause for a stop.

I've gotten away with it for years with my Audi. If it comes down to it I will get one of those drill-less mounting brackets. I had similar issues with local law enforcement but was due to tinted windows in previous vehicle and was the lightest tint I could get. After several

Whoops...... Summonses I finally had it removed. They were only $50 tickets but wasn't worth the aggravation

Seth, that was happening to me living in the same area now for 13 yrs, the same local law enforcement decided to ratchet my ticket to the max of $200 to teach me a lesson. I make plenty of money, but after a while, I realized it was better spent for other habits 😂 some people have better luck than me. Also, our State Troopers can be a royal pain about it sometimes.

Never said I like to have it displayed, but also agree with Matt27, rather keep moving along than other stop.
I live in the same area as you, and I haven't gotten stopped yet for no front plate. I drove a 2011 vette and didn't get stopped with that one either. I would have to really re-evaluate things if it started happening, but for now, the plate stays off...

Now I appreciate living in a state with no front plates 😅 I did have a VA cop pull me once near the VB oceanfront about the lack of a front plate. When he realized I had an NC plate he searched frantically for something to write me for but grumpily left me alone.

Illinois also has the front plate BS to deal with. In the nearly 30 years of driving and every car I've owned has never had a front plate. I have a small scrap book full of the tickets over it. Years ago drove a GS400 that was modded. Got pulled over for the plate and told the cop I couldn't justify drilling holes through a $50,000 bill. He laughed when he handed me that ticket. Still plateless although currently waiting for my specialty plate to add to the other thread.

Yup, NY sucks as well! I don't run front plate on my toys just my D/D. I also tend to take the toys out at night when it's less noticeable. 25 years and no ticket, knock on wood..LOL

*Sorry double post; second picture wouldn’t load for me.

Better shots of emblems and tint on markers with late afternoon light. I think I was picking up dinner per my wife’s errand assignment.

Zoomie

999464BF-78DE-49E4-B9D3-3BB5EEA04FC2.jpeg
F995E812-18A3-41B0-BE65-0E7F6805D3F1.jpeg

*Sorry double post; second picture wouldn’t load for me.

Better shots of emblems and tint on markers with late afternoon light. I think I was picking up dinner per my wife’s errand assignment.

Zoomie

View attachment 16302View attachment 16303
Just when I was thinking I would put my Blackwing badge on...bam this picture hits me right in the debadge.

Car looks great. But did you borrow @dribs15 's potato phone to take the photos?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back