Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Performance Chips

DonD

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
I was looking at GM Cadillac accessories and a link said there were "chips" of three performance levels for the CTV-4 Blacking.

I was under the impression that modern ECMs/computers are not amenable to "chips" that to up the power you had to go on a dyno and revamp the fuel and advance curves.

Sounds like a warranty destroyer.

There are people on this forum far more knowledgeable than I. Please chime in. Thanks, Don

First I've heard of it (and of course don't see the same on the 5BW side.) Can you drop a screenshot here for us? I'm sure someone can suss this out.

Come to think of it, didn't Tapout or Trifecta come up with tuning packages for the 4BW? I wonder if Cadillac is reselling those directly? It would be much more attractive coming from the manufacturer with their warranty.

Last edited:
Here's the article I saw on line about "chips". One thing I won't do is jeopardize my 4BWs warranty. It's certainly fast but any major repairs are likely to be costly.

Performance Chip & Car Tuner - Chip Your Car - Cadillac Chips

Chip Your Car & Save!​

1699733149183.png

• Increase Car Mileage
  • Boost Horsepower
  • Increase Torque
  • Improve Throttle Response
  • Cutting-Edge Technology
  • Install in Less Than 60 Seconds
1699733149289.png

Cadillac Performance Chips​

$76.49 – $175.94

Cadillac Performance Chips are an industry leader for improving Cadillac performance and MPG.​

1699733149380.png
Cadillac Chips are best in class horsepower, torque and fuel economy gains. A 60 second plug-n-play install is all it takes to increase the performance and mileage of your vehicle. Performance is improved by dyno tuning your Cadillac, creating a more efficient fuel map changing air/fuel mixtures. The tuning improves the timing and boost pressure (if your engine applies), all while maintaining the vehicle warranty. The performance chip easily unplugs for emission testing and diagnostic work.
No modifications are required for your performance chip to work on your vehicle. If you modify your vehicle in the future, the performance chip will recognize the modifications, adapt and correct the air/fuel mixtures. If you ever wish to return to your vehicle to stock form, simply unplug the performance chip from the OBD2 port, and the factory ECU will resume with the original fuel map. Keep an eye out for vehicle performance products offering impossible numbers with just a resistor. Chip Your Car Performance Chips are the genuine tuning solution.

1699733149443.png

100% GUARANTEED RESULTS,
or your money back!

SHOP NOW: Cadillac Performance Chip Products​

YEARChoose an option19961997199819992000200120022003200420052006200720082009201020112012201320142015201620172018201920202021202220232024
MAKEChoose an optionCadillac
MODELChoose an optionAllanteATSBroughamCateraCimarronCT4-VCT5CT5VCT6CTSCTS-VDeVilleDTSEldoradoELREscaladeFleetwoodMark VIII LSCSevilleSRXSTSSTS-VSTXXLRXT4XT5XT6XTS
CYLINDERChoose an option4 Cylinder - Turbo6 Cylinder Turbo4-Cylinder6-Cylinder8-Cylinder
GRADEChoose an optionSTANDARD (20hp, 1 mpg gain)MID-GRADE (40hp 3 mpg gain)PREMIUM (up to 60hp 5mpg gain)Clear

Add to cart
SKU: N/A Category: Cadillac Tags: cadillac, cadillac performance chip, car tuner, ECU Tuning, performance chip

Description​

Cadillac Performance Tuning​

• Increase Vehicle Mileage

60hp for 176bucks? I'm in. /s

But seriously, I'm annoyed that the company is using the owners claimed veteran status to market that crap.

Don't think I said it was, I just Googled the subject.

Dealer's tech guy said what I expected, that it's a waste of $. Don't even think modern car ECMs can be "chipped".

That’s NOT a GM product.
I got the same impression from the original post that is was the "GM" site. Maybe a little lack of clarity there.
Don't think I said it was, I just Googled the subject.

Dealer's tech guy said what I expected, that it's a waste of $. Don't even think modern car ECMs can be "chipped".

This kind of worthless stuff has been around since the dawn of computers in cars.

Here's the article I saw on line about "chips". One thing I won't do is jeopardize my 4BWs warranty. It's certainly fast but any major repairs are likely to be costly.

Performance Chip & Car Tuner - Chip Your Car - Cadillac Chips

Chip Your Car & Save!​

View attachment 22722
  • Increase Car Mileage
  • Boost Horsepower
  • Increase Torque
  • Improve Throttle Response
  • Cutting-Edge Technology
  • Install in Less Than 60 Seconds
View attachment 22721

$76.49 – $175.94

Cadillac Performance Chips are an industry leader for improving Cadillac performance and MPG.​

View attachment 22724Cadillac Chips are best in class horsepower, torque and fuel economy gains. A 60 second plug-n-play install is all it takes to increase the performance and mileage of your vehicle. Performance is improved by dyno tuning your Cadillac, creating a more efficient fuel map changing air/fuel mixtures. The tuning improves the timing and boost pressure (if your engine applies), all while maintaining the vehicle warranty. The performance chip easily unplugs for emission testing and diagnostic work.
No modifications are required for your performance chip to work on your vehicle. If you modify your vehicle in the future, the performance chip will recognize the modifications, adapt and correct the air/fuel mixtures. If you ever wish to return to your vehicle to stock form, simply unplug the performance chip from the OBD2 port, and the factory ECU will resume with the original fuel map. Keep an eye out for vehicle performance products offering impossible numbers with just a resistor. Chip Your Car Performance Chips are the genuine tuning solution.

View attachment 22723
100% GUARANTEED RESULTS,
or your money back!

SHOP NOW: Cadillac Performance Chip Products​

YEARChoose an option19961997199819992000200120022003200420052006200720082009201020112012201320142015201620172018201920202021202220232024
MAKEChoose an optionCadillac
MODELChoose an optionAllanteATSBroughamCateraCimarronCT4-VCT5CT5VCT6CTSCTS-VDeVilleDTSEldoradoELREscaladeFleetwoodMark VIII LSCSevilleSRXSTSSTS-VSTXXLRXT4XT5XT6XTS
CYLINDERChoose an option4 Cylinder - Turbo6 Cylinder Turbo4-Cylinder6-Cylinder8-Cylinder
GRADEChoose an optionSTANDARD (20hp, 1 mpg gain)MID-GRADE (40hp 3 mpg gain)PREMIUM (up to 60hp 5mpg gain)Clear

Add to cart
SKU: N/A Category: Cadillac Tags: cadillac, cadillac performance chip, car tuner, ECU Tuning, performance chip

Description​

Cadillac Performance Tuning​

• Increase Vehicle Mileage
This is the world's most obvious scam. Did you also get an email from a Nigerian prince?

HPTuners is able to unlock the ECUs of the 4/5BW. There’s a handful of videos on YouTube showing what gains the tuners are getting out of these cars.

HPTuners is able to unlock the ECUs of the 4/5BW. There’s a handful of videos on YouTube showing what gains the tuners are getting out of these cars.
Yes, but an OBDII device that you just plug in, drive a few miles and get 60hp is complete BS. Especially when saying that if you just remove it and then start the car, its all back to stock.

Not sure where I talked about an OBDII device. The scam seems like one of those pedal commander BS things.

Anyways if you want a real tune, send your ECU to HPTuners to get unlocked and have a reputable tuner take it from there.

This is the world's most obvious scam. Did you also get an email from a Nigerian prince?
Thanks for the snarky response. Have a bad day.

Notice I said I didn't think modern cars could be chipped. Don

Last edited:
You didn't get your answer in your other thread? I'm calling this new thread you started "chips and dip".

You didn't get your answer in your other thread? I'm calling this new thread you started "chips and dip".

What previous thread? If I did a double or similar post, my regrets, not intentional. Don

Or get a dremel with a diamond carbide round bit, and lay down a dimple pattern in the TB. I’d tell you the pattern layout and the depth of the dimples…but it’s a secret

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back