Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Performance Mods and Numbers

We've done a bunch of these already. Installing the Kong stage X ported supercharger and larger throttle body typically boosts power as follows:

• 615 whp totally stock on 93-octane pump gas (9 psi boost)

• 645 whp with Kong ported supercharger and 2.50” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (12 psi boost)
• 665 whp with Kong ported supercharger and 2.30” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (14 psi boost)
• 675 whp with Kong ported supercharger and 2.18” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (15 psi boost)

• 740 whp with Kong ported supercharger, GPI camshaft package and 2.50” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (12 psi boost)
• 760 whp with Kong ported supercharger, GPI camshaft package and 2.30” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (14 psi boost)
• 770 whp with Kong ported supercharger, GPI camshaft package and 2.18” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (15 psi boost)

• 810 whp running Kong ported supercharger and GPI camshaft package with 2.18” pulley on E62 fuel (15 psi boost)

Please note that all our dyno numbers use the industry standard SAE correction factor. Others often use STD correction factor, which adds 2% to the numbers above.
Was the E62 on a flex fuel sensor or do you have to change the tune to adjust?

Was the E62 on a flex fuel sensor or do you have to change the tune to adjust?
We set that car up with an alcohol content sensor and custom tune. So he has one tune that automatically adjusts fueling and timing based on ethanol content (from E0 to E85).

We've done a bunch of these already. Installing the Kong stage X ported supercharger and larger throttle body typically boosts power as follows:

• 615 whp totally stock on 93-octane pump gas (9 psi boost)

• 645 whp with Kong ported supercharger and 2.50” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (12 psi boost)
• 665 whp with Kong ported supercharger and 2.30” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (14 psi boost)
• 675 whp with Kong ported supercharger and 2.18” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (15 psi boost)

• 740 whp with Kong ported supercharger, GPI camshaft package and 2.50” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (12 psi boost)
• 760 whp with Kong ported supercharger, GPI camshaft package and 2.30” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (14 psi boost)
• 770 whp with Kong ported supercharger, GPI camshaft package and 2.18” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (15 psi boost)

• 810 whp running Kong ported supercharger and GPI camshaft package with 2.18” pulley on E62 fuel (15 psi boost)

Please note that all our dyno numbers use the industry standard SAE correction factor. Others often use STD correction factor, which adds 2% to the numbers above.
The cam package picks up 100 rwhp over just a ported blower. Damn!

@WONT TAP - I'm curious if you're experiencing the same thing as the smokingtire guys experienced (start at 4:45 in the video below) with the GPI cam set up you're putting in your Ct5 Blackwings?

I'm use my blackwing driving around the city and sometimes traffic... lots of stop in go in the manual but the way Cadillac has set these cars up its easy. It would be a bummer to sacrifice that around the town drivability.

Unfortunately you're pretty limited on adjusting drivability with a manual transmission so I doubt anyone is going to be able to resolve the issue(s) they are describing starting at 4:45 in the above video, but I trust Scott at Tapout to make the best effort and progress towards resolving those issues. I can speak for the auto trans though and I'm the owner of the satin white car with aftermarket bronze rims that tapout tuning just did with the self-adjusting 93-e85 tune and drivability is damn near perfect. The only thing that the car does, which I think is cool - is some SLIGHT cam surge/bucking if you're allowing the car to roll forwards or backwards under its own power at idle. However, that instantly clears up the moment any accelerator pedal pressure is applied. This slight surge does not make driving in traffic, pulling forward to park or reversing into a parking spot any more difficult, whatsoever. I plan on getting some in-car driving videos, very similar to the format of the above video, as soon as the weather gets better in western PA. For now what I can tell you is that Tapout has this big cam/auto trans/stock torque converter car DIALED IN! They delivered everything Hennessey is delivering for about half the cost so do what you will with that info. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about my car.

-Kong X-ported LT4 supercharger and snout w/ machining done to allow the 2.18" pulley to fit
-Griptec Hub and 2.18" upper supercharger pulley
-ATI Lower Damper w/ 5% overdrive lower supercharger pulley
(The above pulley combo makes 15psi)
-Late Model Performance supercharger lid
-Gates FleetRunner Micro-V belt
-Kong 103mm TB
-Kooks headers with green cats system
-Green air filter
-Late Model Performance of Maryland Heat Exchanger and Expansion Tank
-HPTuners ECU Unlock (TCM can not yet be unlocked in 2023+ blackwing models)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Brisk BR12YS plugs, stock plug wires w/ heat shields over them
-GPI PD3 Cam package (Cam, BT valve springs, hardened pushrods, phase limiter plug, HPFP lash cap, AFM delete lifters, lifter trays, trunnion upgrades, head gaskets, timing cover seal, water pump gasket)
-ARP Head Studs
-DSX Tuning global B Flex Fuel Sensor
-DSX Tuning global B Aux Fuel Pump w/Controller (Ties into MAP signal, only activates pump under positive boost)
-Random custom fuel fittings and lines to make everything tie-in and play nice with the stock fuel system/lines

Everything above the separation line I installed myself (upper pulley was 2.3" and lower pulley was stock size) and the car was dropped off at Tapout Tuning making 680whp with just those mods and no tuning. After Tapout did all the work to install the parts below the line and did extensive tuning with HPTuners, I picked up a car that I can fill with 93 octane or ethanol and have the ECU adjust power based on the alcohol % that the DSX Tuning sensor is detecting. On 93 I'm mid-700's WHEEL SAE horsepower and on e60 and above ethanol I'm 810 WHEEL SAE horsepower and 755 tq. Car is a monster!!

Last edited:
I've rebuilt my car mod fund and I'm ready to go ported SC from Kong. Being in CA I can't do much, so there won't be cam/headers/tune in my future. Given that, is the extra $500 for the X porting past the point of diminishing returns or is it worth it (not sure how to quantify, but $500 for 20hp seems fair, for instance). By the way, I have the Mamo ported TB on my work bench, so that is part of the package.

I've rebuilt my car mod fund and I'm ready to go ported SC from Kong. Being in CA I can't do much, so there won't be cam/headers/tune in my future. Given that, is the extra $500 for the X porting past the point of diminishing returns or is it worth it (not sure how to quantify, but $500 for 20hp seems fair, for instance). By the way, I have the Mamo ported TB on my work bench, so that is part of the package.
If this is al I was doing I wouldn't do the X port. I believe you will make more torque down low without it. Equally important your throttle shouldn't close up top with out the xport.

Just a measuring contest. Also it didn’t make 1200 so the vid is kinda click bait. I saw 1022 std.

a variable pulley that could adjust boost by gear (i know this doesnt exist) would be some nice magic to get the car to hook.

Haha a pulley phaser. Will never happen. GM ain’t trying to have ford problems LOL

Just a measuring contest. Also it didn’t make 1200 so the vid is kinda click bait. I saw 1022 std.
It says both 1200 in the caption and 1000 on the thumbnail. Advertising both crank and wheel HP is quite common and they most likely did it to get some extra recognition over Hennessey's BW.

Am I the only one sick of these super long videos of just dudes walking around their shop talking about random shit?

I didn't click the video to do anything other than see the car that is advertised in the thumbnail. I hate this shit.
I personally don't mind it. I generally learn a lot in these types of videos. I believe its done to engage potential customers. Gives a good inside look/behind the scenes of the work and knowledge involved.

I personally don't mind it. I generally learn a lot in these types of videos. I believe its done to engage potential customers. Gives a good inside look/behind the scenes of the work and knowledge involved.
Maybe we need two videos: these, and the cliff notes ones for my impatient ass

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners