Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PDR saves me from a possible ticket

dstewart51

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23' CT4V-BW
On my daily commute this morning, I was pulled over after I had passed a car driving 47mph in a 55mph zone, I had accelerated to 60 to pass the car, it was the only passing zone for 20 miles on a two lane canyon road. I knew the sheriff officer was behind me so I was careful not to go more than 5 over. About a 1/4 mile later, the lights come on, I get pulled over and hand the officer my license and reg, I look at him and tell him I knew he was there and was not trying to do anything stupid, the car was going well under the speed limit and I made a safe pass. He said the car was doing 60 and I passed him at 72. I told the officer I was not going to argue, but then said "my car has a camera and records the speed, let me pull it up". The officer handed my licensed and reg back to me, said be careful out there and left! Win!

Last edited:
Wait, so did he watch the video first or just sent you in your way without watching because he knew he was wrong??

I love tire kickers

When I had my SS I was driving to a customer in another state over. Just as I cross the boarder I'm pulled over by a trooper for doing 5 over on the friggen highway. He approaches and I ask why hes pulling me over. His response, "Do you play for the Blackhawks?" I had a hawks plate that said RTWNG. Obviously I don't and why am I being stopped? To which he told me my speed was a bit excessive.

On my daily commute this morning, I was pulled over after I had passed a car driving 47mph in a 55mph zone, I had accelerated to 60 to pass the car, it was the only passing zone for 20 miles on a two lane canyon road. I knew the sheriff officer was behind me so I was careful not to go more than 5 over. About a 1/4 mile later, the lights come on, I get pulled over and hand the officer my license and reg, I look at him and tell him I knew he was there and was not trying to do anything stupid, the car was going well under the speed limit and I made a safe pass. He said the car was doing 60 and I passed him at 72. I told the officer I was not going to argue, but then said "my car has a camera and records the speed, let me pull it up". The officer handed my licensed and reg back to me, said be careful out there and left! Win!
Wow, that is amazing. The next time I get pulled over I'm going to tell the cop I have video of me not doing whatever it was he pulled me over for and see if works...

Crooked cops 🤬

Wait, so did he watch the video first or just sent you in your way without watching because he knew he was wrong??
He was caught in a lie!

^ I dont think he was crooked, just quota fishing.
No, he was probable cause fishing..... I hate when police do this crap, and it's one of the reasons I got out of law enforcement.... I'm a patrol officers worse nightmare because I know what he can and can't do, and I have called an officer out on it, and I didn't receive a citation.... If everyone took a citizens police academy class like we have in several cities in Tx police would not get away with a lot of crap..... I say this with 17 yrs experience as a police officer... I don't dislike police officers, BUT a lot of then suffer from I have a badge and gun syndrome.......

In general, I'm on the sides of the officers, they have crappy jobs and have to deal with crappy people all day all the while being criticized for anything they do. I have had mostly good encounters and only have been issued citations when deserved. Also, if I look at all the times I got away with something, I'm well in the black.

In the end, I think he was just suprized I had the gall to make a pass with him behind me and took a chance he would find something to justify the stop. At least I didnt downshift and blow my engine then brag about it all over social media, like who would do something dumb like that...

In general, I'm on the sides of the officers, they have crappy jobs and have to deal with crappy people all day all the while being criticized for anything they do. I have had mostly good encounters and only have been issued citations when deserved. Also, if I look at all the times I got away with something, I'm well in the black.

In the end, I think he was just suprized I had the gall to make a pass with him behind me and took a chance he would find something to justify the stop. At least I didnt downshift and blow my engine then brag about it all over social media, like who would do something dumb like that...
I agree with you, being a cop must be one of the if not the hardest jobs out there. Total respect for them, and I have had only good experiences, which is probably one part privilege and two parts respect- every ticket I have ever gotten was deserved.

But at the same time I have zero tolerance for dishonesty on their part, especially when they are using that to try to issue a citation. I mean, come on. There have to be enough people doing crazy shit behind the wheel every day that they don't have to invent stuff to fill quotas.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back