Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V PDR Data Analysis with Cosworth Pi Toolbox

CT5-V Model

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
For those that don't know, Cosworth makes the PDR system for GM and they also make multiple software packages for doing data analysis from the PDR files. While GM tends to promote the simplified "GM Toolbox", I've never liked the fact that it doesn't ever put the squiggly lines I want to see on the same chart and only shows you a subset of the data actually recorded in the files. Cosworth also makes a professional data analysis package called Pi Toolbox that works with the PDR. This is the same analysis package used by Indycar, Porsche Carrera Cup, and other professional teams.

The downside is that it's historically been pretty complicated to get going but I've done the hard work, so you don't have to. This video walks you through how to get the free Lite version of Pi Toolbox and get it all setup to use with PDR data in less than 10 minutes.

For those that don't know, Cosworth makes the PDR system for GM and they also make multiple software packages for doing data analysis from the PDR files. While GM tends to promote the simplified "GM Toolbox", I've never liked the fact that it doesn't ever put the squiggly lines I want to see on the same chart and only shows you a subset of the data actually recorded in the files. Cosworth also makes a professional data analysis package called Pi Toolbox that works with the PDR. This is the same analysis package used by Indycar, Porsche Carrera Cup, and other professional teams.

The downside is that it's historically been pretty complicated to get going but I've done the hard work, so you don't have to. This video walks you through how to get the free Lite version of Pi Toolbox and get it all setup to use with PDR data in less than 10 minutes.

Thanks, you have put out some great video's

Wow, thank you. I haven’t been able to download any version as they are not compatible with MAC. I’m hoping to get a PC during Black Friday just for the car.

Wow, thank you. I haven’t been able to download any version as they are not compatible with MAC. I’m hoping to get a PC during Black Friday just for the car.
You can run Windows on a Mac. Use Fusion or Parallels. I used that method for years with my C7 PDR. It's even available if you have a new ARM based Mac.

About 4 to 5 yrs ago I quit running Parallels but did for years. Most programs became MAC compatible, so wasn’t an issue. Actually forgot about it, so that you for the information.

I will check further into it again or Fusion, or possibly just get a cheap PC for just car stuff.

Thanks again!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners