Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PDR as an after market install?

PrimeTime

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
22-5BW
Can the PDR software and card be setup up as an aftermarket install once the car has been delivered with the ordered options? At a dealer?

Not that I know of, but I could be wrong.

If you need it for the track it might be simpler to get something like this:

Not that I know of, but I could be wrong.

If you need it for the track it might be simpler to get something like this:

^this. I have a catalyst for my other cars and it is pretty good. no way it is worth the hassle, time, and money to retrofit PDR vs just going with it. it will show you more basic acceleration and braking vs the PDR showing precise brake/gas pedal inputs, but it is pretty cool in that it will coach you during the session via speakers or headphones telling you what to do on an upcoming turn to go through the fastest you've gone through it.

Thanks everyone, for the info! The 5BW has landed! How about a recommended car cover from some of the Elders that have had fun for a while, "bluebeards" out there? Thanks again!

^this. I have a catalyst for my other cars and it is pretty good. no way it is worth the hassle, time, and money to retrofit PDR vs just going with it. it will show you more basic acceleration and braking vs the PDR showing precise brake/gas pedal inputs, but it is pretty cool in that it will coach you during the session via speakers or headphones telling you what to do on an upcoming turn to go through the fastest you've gone through it.
This looks like an interesting idea! Thanks guys!
The question is: how good is the camera when it comes to image stabilization ? Is it close to GoPro?

Here’s a video from a friend of mine who uses it. (noise is because windows down).

Thank you sir, looking into it. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_3600-2.jpg
    IMG_3600-2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Catalyst is a cool device, but no OBD2 connection, so you can’t get engine/car data.
That’s a shame.
I’m getting tired ( in my track car) of worrying before each session about the GoPro , phone with TrackAddict , GPS unit and OBD unit…

I run a Garmin with the PDR but mainly for the large predictive lap timer. They are different tools with different purposes. The Catalyst isn’t going to let you do analysis like this and the handling data I pasted the other day.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back