Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

P0299 CEL - After JB4 Install

Jdeee

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 Blackwing
Hey Folks,

I just installed the spark plugs and a JB4 to my CT4 BW and now im getting a CEL and it looks like I'm under boosting. What could be the issue here?

You may have left a vacuum line disconnected, or inadvertently knocked one lose. Tapout talks about this happening after people change plugs:

Here's a link to the page. The info is at the bottom:

You may have left a vacuum line disconnected, or inadvertently knocked one lose. Tapout talks about this happening after people change plugs:

Here's a link to the page. The info is at the bottom:

Got it, thanks! Funny how everyone forgets the same hose 😂

Ya this is common apparently. I wish I would have seen you link the other day Feezy. I knew I saw that info somewhere but was damned If I could find it. For me I was angry because I'm not a wrencher and took it in to a tuning shop to hopefully not have any issue but they forgot it too. Thus I actually opend my own hood and fixed it... lol.

Jdee if you have done it already great if not the two common spots are right near each other the one you can see right from the top the other is almost underneath the first and you do have to remove the cover to see it. Just FYI

Ya this is common apparently. I wish I would have seen you link the other day Feezy. I knew I saw that info somewhere but was damned If I could find it. For me I was angry because I'm not a wrencher and took it in to a tuning shop to hopefully not have any issue but they forgot it too. Thus I actually opend my own hood and fixed it... lol.

Jdee if you have done it already great if not the two common spots are right near each other the one you can see right from the top the other is almost underneath the first and you do have to remove the cover to see it. Just FYI

I was able to get it hooked up, missed the one in the rear on the left side.

I’ve dealt with enough boost leak issues to know not to get worked up 😅

9/10 when it’s now working the way it should it’s going to be a minor detail that’s easily overlooked

How difficult is spark plug changes on the 4bw? I know the hellcat is a pia and hoping to do these myself.

the scariest part for me was removing all the lines connected to the solenoids and once I did it was very obvious how to put it back together.

Should be a simple task for someone that has the right tools.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back