Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ordered - CT4-V BW

Put the order in Friday. Almost base, rift metallic, 6mt, bronze calipers. Looking forward to seeing the car. Dealer had a black one on the lot waiting for customer to pick it up, looked great. Has anyone seen any discussions about the LF4 engine? Curious as to the choice to do the v6 over an LT1. I know turbo sixes are more par for the course in this segment, and this engine looks cool, would just love to hear the thought process and the benefits of the 6tt (other than enormous tuning potential).

Will keep everyone appraised of the delivery timeline and how she looks when she shows up.
The V6 was a marketing decision and nothing more from what I understand. Top brass wanted the car to have a Euro feel because they thought that is what people in the segment wanted but they kind of missed an opportunity. GM is the V8 company. Just the same, it sounds like it's a great engine with a lot of potential and a solid reliability record. Why The Cadillac ATS-V Uses A Twin-Turbo V6, And Not A V8

The V6 was a marketing decision and nothing more from what I understand.
Mirza, one of the GM guys on this site, has said otherwise:

Its simple really, it was the better engine for the car and which is why its in the car. The Camaro with LT1 has same underhood as the CT5, CT4 is way smaller and a small block just doesn't fit to OEM requirements. Open up the hood and also note how tucked that LF4 is and its behind the front axle. The LF4 is truly a marvel ... it makes more power than the LT1 and is lighter (and costs a lot more so it wasn't a cost play).

Heard from the dealer today [06/27/2022], they got an allocation but only for an auto. Held firm and passed, really want the stick. Guess we will wait and see when the next allocation tumbles on through...
Oh, man. I somehow missed this when you posted it.

The day after you turned that down, I accepted an order for a slightly different build than what I originally requested.

In the 2.5 months prior to me accepting that order, I'd been offered two different cars they had in stock. Both were autos. I had three firm requirements: no carbon, sports seats, and manual.

I'd actually never felt the manual until last weekend. I was at my dealer trading in my old car, and they had a pre-owned CT5 BW in the showroom. Since it was pre-owned they let me sit in it. The manual felt GODLY. Truly a marvel. Snickety-snick and short throw, but also meaty. Just amazing. You'll be happy you waited.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners