Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ordered - CT4-V BW

n.jimenez0101

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V BW
Put the order in Friday. Almost base, rift metallic, 6mt, bronze calipers. Looking forward to seeing the car. Dealer had a black one on the lot waiting for customer to pick it up, looked great. Has anyone seen any discussions about the LF4 engine? Curious as to the choice to do the v6 over an LT1. I know turbo sixes are more par for the course in this segment, and this engine looks cool, would just love to hear the thought process and the benefits of the 6tt (other than enormous tuning potential).

Will keep everyone appraised of the delivery timeline and how she looks when she shows up.

Put the order in Friday.
Grats! And welcome!

Almost base, rift metallic, 6mt, bronze calipers.
Very similar to mine. My order is Rift, tan seats, bronze calipers. Those are the only options (which means 6MT).

What seats you getting?

I think it will look super-low-key. I current drive a WRX STI with wang, and have been driving Evos or WRXes since 2004. I am ready for something that flies under the radar juuuuust a tad more.

Curious as to the choice to do the v6 over an LT1. I know turbo sixes are more par for the course in this segment, and this engine looks cool, would just love to hear the thought process and the benefits of the 6tt (other than enormous tuning potential).
While I would like V-8 rumble, the LF4 is like 60+ pounds lighter. The V-8 would be a lot of extra weight parked on the front end. The car might be faster, but I suspect it would feel less nimble.

Th Nail place to put it in your wallet but it's worth $60 so you pay your tip out of that and probably still get some change back, how much does

Congratulations. If you do not have a list of the production code numbers, Google "GM order codes". My 5BW is #4100. Built and waiting to ship". Hopefully before the end of the month.

Grats! And welcome!

Very similar to mine. My order is Rift, tan seats, bronze calipers. Those are the only options (which means 6MT).

What seats you getting?

I think it will look super-low-key. I current drive a WRX STI with wang, and have been driving Evos or WRXes since 2004. I am ready for something that flies under the radar juuuuust a tad more.

While I would like V-8 rumble, the LF4 is like 60+ pounds lighter. The V-8 would be a lot of extra weight parked on the front end. The car might be faster, but I suspect it would feel less nimble.
Oh cool, we’ll be almost twins. I thought the cream color with the bronze calipers looked very clean, not loud but cool. There’s a Porsche that parks near my office that’s build like this and the bronze calipers look cool.

Went with the standard seats, we’ll see how they are. The comp seats in tan look incredible so I may regret that decision…

You’ll be more stealth than the Subie for sure! I drive a Chevy SS right now so kinda going from one sleeper to another 😂 excited to see how these two car conpare. The SS is fun because no one expects it to be fast, this car may play that same game, just better!

I thought the cream color with the bronze calipers looked very clean, not loud but cool.

Yeah. I wanted a low-key color for the calipers. I've had 2 cars with red Brembos, and 1 with yellow (ish). I was originally going with blue, but when I decided on the tan seats I thought the bronze calipers would coordinate better. We'll see.

I just realized I ordered my car 2 months ago today. My dealer hasn't even had an allocation for me yet, LOL. But they warned me I would not hear anything for at least a couple of months (and delivery would take like 10 months).

When the '23 configurator goes lives, I'll make a new build and send it to my sales person.

Oh, I didn't think about the fact that my car was built on the '22 configurator but probably won't be built as a MY '22... Will have to follow-up on that too. Not expecting delivery any time soon, just figured if I didn't put my order in I'd never even get a chance to buy one. Kinda wish I selected fancier seat, or maybe the carbon pack, but we'll see. Curious to see how this drive vs the 6.2Lv8 6mt combo in my SS.

Another former SS driver? There are many of us here.

You might want to check with your dealer and be sure the order you just placed is for a 2023. If he told you it was for a '22, you may want to keep looking or place another order as the 2022's are coming to an end of build soon. I believe orders are already closed and dealers are now taking '23 orders.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I don't think we touched on which year my car would be, the deposit was just to get an allocation. We built the car on the configurator but they didn't submit anything to GM. I'll follow-up with them...

Kinda wish I selected fancier seat...
If there's no allocation yet, you can change your build. I think you might even be able to change your build after allocation; there's a thread somewhere here that talks about how late in the process you are able to make changes.

They're a decent chunk of change extra, of course. But they're literally your main contact point with the car. And they really enhance the look, though to be fair I think the base seats looks pretty good as well.

My only concern with the tan is that I haven't seen it in person. In some photos it looks the like the tan velour in a 1980's Chevy Celebrity. But I decided to YOLO it.

If there's no allocation yet, you can change your build. I think you might even be able to change your build after allocation; there's a thread somewhere here that talks about how late in the process you are able to make changes.

They're a decent chunk of change extra, of course. But they're literally your main contact point with the car. And they really enhance the look, though to be fair I think the base seats looks pretty good as well.

My only concern with the tan is that I haven't seen it in person. In some photos it looks the like the tan velour in a 1980's Chevy Celebrity. But I decided to YOLO it.
The CT4-V BW that was delivered while I placed my order had the tan seats. They looked fantastic. I think you'll be happy, if I were to upgrade I'd go for them.

The CT4-V BW that was delivered while I placed my order had the tan seats. They looked fantastic. I think you'll be happy.
Oooh. Thanks for that!

The CT4-V BW that was delivered while I placed my order had the tan seats. They looked fantastic. I think you'll be happy, if I were to upgrade I'd go for them.
I can agree. I don't usually like brown seating of any shade and I would consider the Blackwing tan to be livable. So I'd imagine those that actually like brown seats will love it

Welcome and Congratz - I love my '22 4V BW = a wolf in sheep clothing

Put the order in Friday. Almost base, rift metallic, 6mt, bronze calipers. Looking forward to seeing the car. Dealer had a black one on the lot waiting for customer to pick it up, looked great. Has anyone seen any discussions about the LF4 engine? Curious as to the choice to do the v6 over an LT1. I know turbo sixes are more par for the course in this segment, and this engine looks cool, would just love to hear the thought process and the benefits of the 6tt (other than enormous tuning potential).

Will keep everyone appraised of the delivery timeline and how she looks when she shows up.
Congrats! My 4BW was delivered last week and I've been loving every minute.
As far as v6 vs LT1 - I had a C7 a few years back. They BW doesn't quite have the same exhaust note, though I am definitely not disappointed. Several YouTube reviewers (Jason Camisa and some others) complained about the engine, the sound, etc etc. I couldn't disagree more. I think it sounds great, and way better than what BMW has their engines sounding like now.

Congrats! My 4BW was delivered last week and I've been loving every minute.
As far as v6 vs LT1 - I had a C7 a few years back. They BW doesn't quite have the same exhaust note, though I am definitely not disappointed. Several YouTube reviewers (Jason Camisa and some others) complained about the engine, the sound, etc etc. I couldn't disagree more. I think it sounds great, and way better than what BMW has their engines sounding like now.
I’m going to keep an open mind about the engine. I had a ‘19 SS 1le Camaro that I loved to drive but, unfortunately, the Camaro is a terrible “car”. I’m hoping this will have the chassis magic and be a better car as far as usability goes! A little more comfortable, usable, and better visibility is all I’m asking. Loved the LT-1 in the Camaro but the tuning potential here is insane…. And I’ve seen a couple videos where the Ct4 sounds pretty nasty (in a good way)

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you place your order?

I’m going to keep an open mind about the engine. I had a ‘19 SS 1le Camaro that I loved to drive but, unfortunately, the Camaro is a terrible “car”. I’m hoping this will have the chassis magic and be a better car as far as usability goes! A little more comfortable, usable, and better visibility is all I’m asking. Loved the LT-1 in the Camaro but the tuning potential here is insane…. And I’ve seen a couple videos where the Ct4 sounds pretty nasty (in a good way)

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you place your order?
Dealer placed the order January 13. She said it was the quickest delivery she’s had for a blackwing, and my guess is that non CF helped.

Everything you said about the usability of the car is spot on. Big enough trunk with fold down rear seats, comfy interior, and way better to see out of than the Camaro. I really don’t think you’ll be disappointed in the engine, but if I were you, I’d option the performance seats 100%. They’re terrific.

Heard from the dealer today, they got an allocation but only for an auto. Held firm and passed, really want the stick. Guess we will wait and see when the next allocation tumbles on through...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back