Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

No spare tire, WTF?

Damo

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2010 CTS-V Sedan
Hey all.

I'm new to America (as well as to CTS-Vs), but I'm curious about the lack of a spare tire in the trunk. There's room for one, but there's only this electric pump thing. No tool kit either.

As an Australian, I'm very used to being able to perform minor repairs on my car when on the road. Certainly used to fixing a blow-out or other type of tire issue by putting on a spare! Now I'm informed that it adds too much weight for emissions and folk just call roadside assistance these days.

What the...? Really? Aside from the fact that a tire doesn't add much weight at all, who wants to wait around for roadside assistance in the instance of a blowout? And what the f*** is a pump going to do for me? A pump would only be useful for a slow leak (or if I didn't maintain proper tire pressure). Neither of which is likely - I'm most likely to need to replace the tire for a fast puncture or blowout. Is that just me?

Anyway... I wouldn't mind having a repair kit and spare tire (just a space saver to get me through) in the car. Any recommendations of how to get one for a 2010 CTS-V without getting ripped off?

Cheers in advance,

Damien.

No Spare

I'm kinda used to it, as I also own a 2006 Cadillac XLR-V (no spare either), although the XLR-V is fitted with runflats. That may be your best option, but I doubt the ride in the CTS-V will be as good as it is now with runflats. For all the miles I drive weekly, (from 600-1,000 just Monday-Friday), I can't tell you the last time I had a flat, let alone a blowout. Tires have come a long way and if you pay attention on the road for hazards you shouldn't have a problem. I'm satisfied calling roadside assistance--as long as they bring a car hauler to haul my car, rather then a tow truck!!

Hey all.

I'm new to America (as well as to CTS-Vs), but I'm curious about the lack of a spare tire in the trunk. There's room for one, but there's only this electric pump thing. No tool kit either.

As an Australian, I'm very used to being able to perform minor repairs on my car when on the road. Certainly used to fixing a blow-out or other type of tire issue by putting on a spare! Now I'm informed that it adds too much weight for emissions and folk just call roadside assistance these days.

What the...? Really? Aside from the fact that a tire doesn't add much weight at all, who wants to wait around for roadside assistance in the instance of a blowout? And what the f*** is a pump going to do for me? A pump would only be useful for a slow leak (or if I didn't maintain proper tire pressure). Neither of which is likely - I'm most likely to need to replace the tire for a fast puncture or blowout. Is that just me?

Anyway... I wouldn't mind having a repair kit and spare tire (just a space saver to get me through) in the car. Any recommendations of how to get one for a 2010 CTS-V without getting ripped off?

Cheers in advance,

Damien.

Cheers, Cubby. Good to know it's normal... but I still feel kinda odd without a spare in the trunk. Anyone else feel like me? Failing that, anyone know where I can _get_ a spare?

Spare Tire for Sedan and Wagon

Check out the thread I started titled: Spare Tire and wheel
Search for "spare tire".

Euro-Tek Designs ( http://eurotekdesigns.com/) still sells a spare tire kit for the V2's (I just comfirmed that with Phil at EuroTek). email info@eurotekdesigns.com and Phil will get back with you. Tell them Tuna sent you!

It ain't cheap but it's peace of mind for me and my wife to have it there.

Last edited:
Thanks Tuna! I'll check it out. Much appreciated.

My kit included the narrow "temporary" tire mounted on an HRE wheel, an adaptor/spacer to go between the wheel and the hub, a jack and lug wrench and instructions for a sedan installation.

Since my V is a Wagon, I had to change the installation a little to accommodate the sub-woofer.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back