Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

No CT5-V BW nationally for 2 of the last 3 weeks?

bobby.is.rad

My dealer has been trying to keep me in the loop on the status of my wait. This week, and the week before last, they said Cadillac hadn't shipped a single CT5V BW in the country at all? Is this real? Pretty demoralizing if so. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

My dealer has been trying to keep me in the loop on the status of my wait. This week, and the week before last, they said Cadillac hadn't shipped a single CT5V BW in the country at all? Is this real? Pretty demoralizing if so. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
As with most things in life, the people who are talking don't know, and the people who know aren't talking.

I spoke with a dispatcher from Accelerated Services (Auto Trans) on Tuesday this week (wonderfully pleasant and professional). She mentioned that GM "hasn't been releasing Blackwings (5BWs that is) to ship for a little while".

Seems that they have been unable to deliver any for a couple of months, thanks to GM.

Given that I am seeing plenty of regular V's and non-V 5's hitting lots locally (Seattle), I really am starting to wonder if they are waiting for the BW badge before shipping...

My '23 5BW came in a couple of weeks ago unannounced and without the badges. I had been thinking the same thing for a while. Ours are pretty close. I would hope it gets to you soon!!

I got the call today that mine arrived at dealership and planning on picking up Saturday. Earlier this week I received a call from a dealer in Houston that I had inquired sometime back about ordering and he said they had 3 show up.

My dealer told me if I ordered a low option manual car I would likely get it quickly. I ordered a manual car in Raven black with a data recorder, black wheels-lugs and red seat belts. I ordered my car on 7-18 and picking up 10-22. Just a bit over 3 months for delivery.

Last edited:
I got the call today that mine arrived at dealership and planning on picking up Saturday. Earlier this week I received a call from a dealer in Houston that I had inquired sometime back about ordering and he said they had 3 show up.

My dealer told me if I ordered a low option manual car I would likely get it quickly. I ordered a manual car in Raven black with a data recorder, black wheels-lugs and red seat belts. I ordered my car on 7-18 and picking up 10-22. Just a bit over 3 months for delivery.
Wow that has to be the fastest I’ve ever heard. What dealer? They had to have had an allocation pending. MSRP? That’s amazing though congratulations.

I don't buy it as many have had cars/5BW's delivered within the last few weeks.

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow by 9pm, yeah ok, not with the goats running the show! LMAO

Sales guys will talk nonsense all day long, it's in their blood.
Since all that's left is waiting, he instinctively had to make something up (that is at least harmless) instead of simply saying - sorry I don't have anything new to report.

Sales guys will talk nonsense all day long, it's in their blood.
Since all that's left is waiting, he instinctively had to make something up (that is at least harmless) instead of simply saying - sorry I don't have anything new to report.

He sent me the screenshot of the national constraints, which indicated 0 BW's nationally. I have no idea what that really means though. Glad to hear that at least a few are trickling out based on replies to this thread.

^Fair enough! Although wouldn't 0 national constraints mean no reasons not to ship 5BWs? ;-)

Sorry, I worded that poorly. The actual columns were "national qty", "constraint qty", and "placed qty." I've attached the screen grab for clarity.
1666376757063.png

Looks like you've started to break it in already Cruise set to 80, punchin' it! Go get it!

Your salesman is referring to allocations not shipments (aka deliveries).

I don't see how your salesman would know if another dealer on the other side of the country had their Blackwing shipped or not.

However all dealers receive allocation and constraints on a weekly (Bi weekly?) basis so I wouldn't be surprised to know that nobody has received a 5V Blackwing allocation nationally in the last two weeks, these are a very production limited vehicle and I wouldn't be surprised if nobody received an allocation for the last two weeks.

Your salesman receives constraint reports, those reports aren't for deliveries, these would list the allocations, which is what I imagine your referencing here, not "shipments" +aka deliveries.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back