Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New owner questions on caring for the car

neueziel

I just purchased a new CT4V Blackwing 10 speed and I am in love with this car! I've driven Porsches at their experience center and feel that I know how to respect a performance car's capabilities. However, as an owner, I was wondering what can I do to ensure that I don't mess up or blow up a car that I will use as a fun daily driver. I am following the beak in guidelines and will not rev above 4,500 RPM until after 1,500 miles to be safe. But is there anything else I should consider when driving? I've driven automatics all my life but would like to mess with the paddle shifters on the freeway eventually. Lastly any recommended accessories? I'll likely get the all weather cargo mat. Thanks in advance!!

Congrats on the new BW. The A10 transmission will generally keep you from destroying it by up or down shifting when the motor RPM is not a match. Whatever accessories you decide to get, you can get them online for less money than the dealer. You should get Cadillac points that may be enough for you to buy some accessories, like the rubber trunk mat.

I bought OEM Blackwing badges, rear rock guards and the rubber trunk mat from wildhammer motorsports

Congrats on the new BW. The A10 transmission will generally keep you from destroying it by up or down shifting when the motor RPM is not a match. Whatever accessories you decide to get, you can get them online for less money than the dealer. You should get Cadillac points that may be enough for you to buy some accessories, like the rubber trunk mat.

I bought OEM Blackwing badges, rear rock guards and the rubber trunk mat from wildhammer motorsports
Thanks, I really appreciate your insights. That red is so nice on your car.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners