Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New member from central NJ

mds3606

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5 V BW
Hello all,

Hoping to become a member of the GM family. I placed an order a 23 CT5-V BW. Now I wait for the allocation to be assigned. Seems like a similar process I went through with my GT500. Reading some of the posts it seems I'm in for a long wait especially since I went with CF1 and CF2 packages.

Great site with a lot of info. Glad I was able to find it!

Marlon

Marlon, welcome. You MAY be able to find a 22 5BW at a dealership, where someone ordered one but changed their mind and didn't take it. Rare, but happens (according to what I have read here). However you do not have to pay over MSRP, and you should not. Dishonest dealers will try to rip you off. Shun them.

Marlon, welcome. You MAY be able to find a 22 5BW at a dealership, where someone ordered one but changed their mind and didn't take it. Rare, but happens (according to what I have read here). However you do not have to pay over MSRP, and you should not. Dishonest dealers will try to rip you off. Shun them.
Thanks for the welcome. My 23 order is at MSRP. First allocation. I've looked at used(seems all are over MSRP) . I don't mind the wait. I'm really not looking to take delivery until end of this year or sometime in 23 . I ordered Blaze Orange w/manual . I haven't run across many in that color but if a 22 did become available with all or close to my option list I'd consider it. Save myself the price increase.

I think it will be worth the wait. I waited 9 months for my 22 5BW. My only suggestion would be to download the owners manual and study it. You could probably use the 22 OM. There should not be that much difference. I did not do that, and wish that I had. Lots of high tech goodies.

Hello all,

Hoping to become a member of the GM family. I placed an order a 23 CT5-V BW. Now I wait for the allocation to be assigned. Seems like a similar process I went through with my GT500. Reading some of the posts it seems I'm in for a long wait especially since I went with CF1 and CF2 packages.

Marlon
It's a Marathon for sure, not a sprint! Stay with it if you really want this car, I did and my 22 5BW found me in a roundabout way with all I wanted except the PDR all this, after a BS markup from another dealer and 8 months I waited in line first, I walked! Plus 30K keep it... Good news is someone else paid +30k!? Ours went up!? I'm an enthusiast and I wanted this car for me and my family to enjoy. We already started! Things happen for a reason. It's an amazing piece of American Muscle and Engineering! Absolutely love it! Good luck, hope you catch your bird!

Hello all,

Marlon
Welcome to the party brother!

I've purchased (3) GT500's starting with an '09, all on allocations, and this goat rodeo my friend is way crazier then back then. LOL.

Shit, I have a '23 order in for an Audi S5 Sportback that was easy breezy, 8–10-month wait is a walk in the park compared to getting my '23, 5BW, which hopefully will be built this month and I could be banging gears before winter/cold weather comes in.

Welcome to the party brother!

I've purchased (3) GT500's starting with an '09, all on allocations, and this goat rodeo my friend is way crazier then back then. LOL.

Shit, I have a '23 order in for an Audi S5 Sportback that was easy breezy, 8–10-month wait is a walk in the park compared to getting my '23, 5BW, which hopefully will be built this month and I could be banging gears before winter/cold weather comes in.
Thanks for the Welcome!
I'm on my fourth GT500 since 06(got an early build 07). Looking to replace my GT350 with the 5BW to keep a manual in the fleet. The DCT in the GT500 is great but I like to bang gears every so often as well!
I have definitely learned the art of patience when dealing with allocated cars.
Hopefully your 23 shows up soon.

Welcome and congrats! Curious if your dealer said you would be able to actually order the CF packages?

I was told that GM wasn't even taking orders with those packages at the time of my order a few months ago. I could have waited to see if GM was going to open that up again, but they had no time line and might have been never, so I jumped at the chance to place my order.

Also, where in NJ are you? I'm from there, but currently live in Phoenix, AZ. Still have family back east, so I get to visit from time to time...

Welcome and congrats! Curious if your dealer said you would be able to actually order the CF packages?

I was told that GM wasn't even taking orders with those packages at the time of my order a few months ago. I could have waited to see if GM was going to open that up again, but they had no time line and might have been never, so I jumped at the chance to place my order.

Also, where in NJ are you? I'm from there, but currently live in Phoenix, AZ. Still have family back east, so I get to visit from time to time...
Thank you for the welcome!.

I was told nothing about the CF packages but I already knew about the CF issues. I started the process in June. I'm not in a rush for the car so I'm hoping my patience will pay off. I sent an e-mail in for an update and I was told there were 56 BW allocations this week and 0 had CF packages. He did not specify if that was 4 and 5 combined or just 5. He did say my order has not been allocated.

If you are from NJ . Then exit 10 ..lol . I am the Edison area.

I hope you get an allocation this year for the CF packages because they do make the cars look better, especially the 4 CF1 package with the canards and splitter together, but sounds like you may be waiting a while.

I used to live between 10 & 11, or 123 on the parkway in Sayreville, the boyhood home of Jon bon jovi, as the Sayreville sign used to say. Lived in Hoboken for a while before moving our west, and worked in Edison right across from the train station in a corporate building over there off of the parkway exit.

I noticed that you ordered Blaze Orange as well. That's what I got but in a CT4-V BW with a manual, which is really the only reason I'm ordering a new car. I also went with the light grey interior with the red belts, and blue calipers being an Orangeman from SU, so lots of colors on this car.. Hope it doesn't clash :)

I just read the e-mail again and the 56 orders he was referring to were 5BWs. I did read in one of the posts that CF orders are starting to schedule. Just waiting on that allocation.

I am about 10 mins from the area you worked in.

I thought about ordering a 4BW. I do agree the 4 looks more aggressive with the canards. The back seat space just isn't enough. The Blaze Orange is a sharp color and I think you will be fine with the color choices you made. I did choose the red calipers to match the red seatbelts.

No rush here, it won't be a daily driver . However I do want it to be built eventually!! I hope your wait isn't to long.

I hope you get an allocation this year for the CF packages because they do make the cars look better, especially the 4 CF1 package with the canards and splitter together, but sounds like you may be waiting a while.

I used to live between 10 & 11, or 123 on the parkway in Sayreville, the boyhood home of Jon bon jovi, as the Sayreville sign used to say. Lived in Hoboken for a while before moving our west, and worked in Edison right across from the train station in a corporate building over there off of the parkway exit.

I noticed that you ordered Blaze Orange as well. That's what I got but in a CT4-V BW with a manual, which is really the only reason I'm ordering a new car. I also went with the light grey interior with the red belts, and blue calipers being an Orangeman from SU, so lots of colors on this car.. Hope it doesn't clash :)
I just read the e-mail again and the 56 orders he was referring to were 5BWs. I did read in one of the posts that CF orders are starting to schedule. Just waiting on that allocation.

I am about 10 mins from the area you worked in.

I thought about ordering a 4BW. I do agree the 4 looks more aggressive with the canards. The back seat space just isn't enough. The Blaze Orange is a sharp color and I think you will be fine with the color choices you made. I did choose the red calipers to match the red seatbelts.

No rush here, it won't be a daily driver . However I do want it to be built eventually!! I hope your wait isn't to long.
Exit 4. As an aside (aka thread hijack)...Holy crap, I am so lucky that my car is in the processs of getting ppf b/c I saw top gun: maverick today and got so hyped that I would have made it to exit 10 in under 30 minutes easily. Instead drove my wife's enclave and was sane on the road.
e9cfc3d9-9419-4154-bd5e-aee90167f02a.jpeg
7f6d2fa2-382d-48b8-ac75-aee90167ec0d.jpeg
8efdaf52-6081-4878-b544-aee90167e479.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!